Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
Looking to get a new card and I can't decide between the 970 or the 960 with 4gb of vram that just got announced by evga. Would it be worth the extra money? I'm still gaming on 1080p and do t plan on going 4k anytime soon but I would like to get another year or so out of my new card before upgrading again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm getting paid tomorrow so Il have to go pick one up. Not going radeon because I have a small case and heard the tend to run hotter. Any body have a preference on which card to get? I'm looking at pny or evga.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I can fit a regular sized card in it. And I would rather something closer to 3 instead of 4

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

So the card I was going to order. The MSI gtx 970 is too big for my case. I need something under 10 inches

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

To be quite honest I'm thinking of upgrading my case so this doesn't handicap me in the future...

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I went ahead and ordered a new case as the one I had is 10 years old and missing the screws. I might as well upgrade since I can't fit a full size card anymore and would rather just not deal with that again down the road. Thanks for all the suggestions though. The case is also a bitch and a half to work with. It's a frag box from falcon nw.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Newegg is giving away the witcher 3 when you buy a MSI gtx 970 100ME. I'm glad I waited because that's the game that I wanted a new gpu for.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

eames posted:

People expect a high end consumer product around August. Cyberpunk 2077 is scheduled for September, so it'd certainly make sense to have a new card on the market by then. There's also RDNA2 which was scheduled for this summer.

I'm really crossing my fingers for a bundle. I just upgraded to a ryzen 3600 but held on to my 970 since I'm staying at 1080. If they bundle a 3070 with cyberpunk I will be set for a while I think.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

South posted:

How much of an rear end in a top hat would I be to flip an extra 30X0 card on ebay to pay for my first card?

poo poo depending on what it is I might be interested.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m seeing 2070S going for more than a grand on eBay, Jesus, that’s like what I paid for the entire prebuilt I got one in.

Newegg has 2060s for 1100... The only cheap cards are 900 series on eBay!

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Found a local store with stock of 3060ti, 3070 and 3080.

The 60ti is 1100$... Guess I gotta keep looking...

He told me someone drove down from Nebraska. This is deep south Louisiana.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Cygni posted:

if your hard up, EVGA B-stock just dropped. a bunch of 2060s in the $270-340 range

https://www.evga.com/products//productlist.aspx?type=8

Would it be worth grabbing a modular power supply off there? If I'm not getting a new gpu I might as well get a new power supply.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

So two websites, British mining, and Bltshop have pre-orders for 3060Ti at less than 500. I'm very hesitant because it seems to good to be true. Probably wouldn't ship til April... :hmmyes:

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

They have 3060ti for about 500. I'm seriously considering it.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

If I can snap up a 3060 around msrp IL be happy with that. Anythings gotta be better than a 970.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Is it cause my GPU is old (970), or do all computers not have HDMI CEC? I just want the TV to turn on with the PC.

I have a 970 and over display port it turns on my monitor when I turn on the pc. Even my old lovely monitor that couldn't handle sound over hdmi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

my kinda ape posted:

Finally snagged a Zotac 3080 :unsmith:

I was so close to a 3070. Was filling out the checkout form when their whole website crashed last night.