Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Statutory Ape posted:

some people cant be helped and should receive empathy & care

like the other guy that hasnt upgraded his GPU in 4 years

for you there is no hope

I'm still using a 5 year old 980 (I skipped the 20 series because I needed to replace everything else in my PC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Oh no, now I have to reconsider what's in my budget.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

movax posted:

i think he's saying that there's no point in a 3070 when the 3080 is priced like that

That's pretty much where I am. If a 3080 will fit in my case it feels dumb to go with a 3070 at that price.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Lackmaster posted:

Cannot wait to go from a 1060 to a 3080

Same but 980 to 3080.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Impermanent posted:

the thing thsi reminds me of most strongly is the days when people were trying to buy Wiis.

It reminds me of buying BlizzCon tickets during the Before Times(TM).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Durzel posted:

Is it possible to create a store account on Nvidia.com without buying something? I checked out as guest in a mad panic and would like to create an account to track the order if I can.

edit: Add to Cart still up on UK store. Can’t get any further than “Checking Out” though.

I tossed a 2060 in my cart and used that to set up an account. Then I removed it from the cart on the "verify how you want to ship things" screen.

Hopefully that will have me ready for when I join the fray over 3070s.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Finally a card that's harder, better, faster, stronger.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

I know YouTube and TikTok can make one feel like everyone else has an RGB-encrusted 3080 on the other side of their case window, but the desktop PC gaming space is absolutely loaded with people who never upgraded their 1060-tier GPUs. The bullshit of the last two years is ending, and we're finally gaining access to affordable RTX/DLSS-capable cards. The nap happened, we're waking up from it.

Heck I am still stuck with a 980-tier GPU and finally might be able to upgrade (to a 3060ti).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

lih posted:

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-graphics-driver-quietly-adds-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-ga102-and-new-rtx-3060-series-support

seems there's a new 3070 Ti SKU using GA102 on the way too, in addition to the GDDR6X 3060 and 3060 Ti that have been rumoured

So should I be waiting for these rumored refreshes if I am in the market for a 3060Ti?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Absolutely not. The faster memory isn't going to make a meaningful difference.

Cool. Are there any particular ones I should be aiming for, or just go with the Zoltac at the stock MSRP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If the connector not being fully plugged in is evading so many users, its still a connector problem.

It's 50 people out of 125K cards sold, calling it "so many users" is really kind of stretching things.

Can the design be improved? Yes. But reading this thread you'd think these cards are bursting into flames as soon as anyone plugs them in.