Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This may be slightly offtopic but I am looking at new monitors for work and found the nvidia page on vision surround. Being a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series I started salivating at the thought of black flag in a 3 monitor setup. Do you know what sort of setup would be required to drive 1080p 60fps on max or close to max settings with 3 monitors? I was thinking about either a 780 or 780ti but possibly SLI 760s would work better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It would be nice if a single card could drive multimonitor due to heat concerns and not having to buy a new mb/psu/cpu and possibly aftermarket coolers if I went with ATI but it seems like I am pretty well painting myself into a multicard corner.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just to check a 780ti will run a 1440p monitor with pretty much everything maxed fine at 60fps right?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If they really care about DP compute stuff, why aren't they buying Teslas or something?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
EVGA GTX Titan Peter North Edition

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Agreed posted:

I seem to recall some firings related to just this back when it was like $30/bitcoin.

There was also a hilarious situation where a piracy scene group hid a bitcoin mining client in the crack for a big new release

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go with 6gb of vram on the one and done cards. My crazy scheme was 3x1440 on slid ones which I could write off on tax as a work expense due to my day job in design

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Are there any closed loop systems for VGA similar to the corsair H100i like things for CPUs?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone know when the factory custom cooled 290s and 290xs are going to be in the wild?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ghostpilot posted:

But you could get a cooler for the 290x and still come out $200+ ahead. v:shobon:v Though shadowplay and the assurances that Green Light allows sure are nice.

I can get a 780ti for the same price as a 290x and a aftermarket cooler here in lovely sunny Australia, home of the why, because gently caress you thats why technology tax.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Haeleus posted:

Very satisfied with my EVGA 780 acx so far, running Battlefield 4 at 100fps on ultra with high FXAA (get drops to around 70 occasionally with MXAA so I'm still deciding if its worth the fps hit). Funny how BF4 is running so much better than the horribly optimized AC4 that after all came with the card.

I've managed to hit a stable 1200Mhz core clock with Precision X, maybe I'll start fiddling with the memory clock next.

Are you running at 1080p or 1440p?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Comparing TwinFrozr vs DirectCU2 vs ACX for a GTX 780 is there any meaningful difference which would make buying one of them more attractive if they were all the samer price?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Asus are launching a 27" 1440p what seems to be MVA 120hz screen with gsync for 800 dollars so I could see gamers making a bee-line for that if G-Sync is actually something other than triple buffering which would be the complete opposite of what an enthusiast gamer wants.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Am I doing something wrong or is a 780 really not enough to have a smooth framerate in Borderlands 2 with PhysX on high? I was kinda excited for it until I noticed battles lagged massively. I put it down to medium and it was better, but firefights were a bit choppy. Now its on low and I haven't looked back.

Are you running above 1080 or expecting above 60fps? I ask because I have a 780 at the moment and its smooth with everything jacked up to maximum in BL2. Now BF4 is another story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gonkish posted:

So in other words we just have to wait for crazy people to set their houses on fire?

If somebody is going to lose a fingat its going to be from LN2 not fire.