Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

I've been driving my 1440p monitor with my 2gb 560ti for too long now, and it's time to upgrade, mainly for Fallout 4, Battlefield, and then older stuff that didn't run too great anyway. Probably going to get a 970. Is EVGA still manufacturer of choice (this one specifically)? It's either that or gigabyte. Buying on Amazon and I've found their returns to be pretty good even with broken PC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

justdan posted:

I've had that exact card. It was loud and whiney and easily got to 70+ temps in moderate gaming.

I am SO glad I got rid of it and got the the MSI Gaming version. Night and day, whisper quiet and cool as a cucumber.

Just ordered the MSI version. It will be the best card I've owned (for the time released) so I'm excited :pcgaming:

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

To what extent should the GeForce experience optimised settings be heeded? Are they going to really reduce quality for a solid fps, or are they actually quite sensible?