Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I'm thinking about upgrading from a gtx970 to 1080ti. I have a MSI pro carbon board, does getting an MSI GPU offer any advantages?

If not are all GPU makers (nvidia partners or whatever) basically the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I love that Newegg shows both "add to cart" and "temporarily out of stock" for MSI Ventus at the same time

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
working retail in this 2020 hell year? More power to them

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
The MSI Ventus is listed at $696 on newegg and B&H. Is it normal for AIB to match FE models for price? Wonder if they think perhaps the FE is actually a competitor this time around

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
That one is driving me crazy! I can't NOT try every couple times I see it pop up

Also Gigabyte Gaming has popped up for $749.00 but I can't compete checkout

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 17, 2020

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
It was a pleasure f5'ing with you gentlemen

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Adorama is doing back orders now

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Best Buy keeps showing me the Ventus in-stock, but when I click it immediately says it's not in-stock...weird

Have I not suffered enough LOL

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 22, 2020

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Xaris posted:

yeah this 100%. I just used Page Monitor https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg plugin and have it set to a few sites like EVGA, NVidia, Best Buy, Newegg, Amazon order-link and I have a "Chime" notification enabled under advanced options so it beeps at me when there's a change. You'll get some false-positives because things like people adding it to wishlist or changing "suggested similar items" and such are page changes so you can configure it to use a certain CSS element to monitor (like OoS button, / Notify / etc). I have it on 5s interval and it took like 2 minutes to setup and tweak, and I don't have to sit there F5-ing all day. It's how I got my EVGA XC3 Gaming earlier because I heard the chime and rush-slammed open the page to start buying.

now you could go crazy with your own script with Twilio integration that sends you a SMS message to your cell like this onehttps://github.com/ianmarmour/nvidia-clerk that watches for the official FE shop, or making one that does discord beeps and other shops, and doing that yourself would prob take some time. I'm sure a lot of people have wasted more time manually F5-ing a dead Out of Stock page than it would take to setup something that pings them or plays a sound if there's a page change.

now doing one to automatically buy something would prob be hell of a lot of loving work unless you're like a sneakerhead making a bot to buy $5,000 bots but a simple "hey this page changed for some reason check it out!" chime is pretty much no time investment at all, and even if it was you at least wouldn't be splurging an extra +$500 buying a scalped card.

I just wanna say thanks for this. I have been keeping like 7 tabs open and whenever I remember to go through and refresh all of them. This will let me relax a bit with the page refreshing.
Cheers man!

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

in my case i would not pay the scalped price, both out of financial sense and moral imperative, and i don't have the drive to sit around f5ing a page for more than like 15 minutes. so the calculus becomes "is it worth a couple hours of my time one night to set up a notification script that increases my chance of getting a card sometime before christmas?" and it comes out sure, why not. that's an acceptable time trade. as xaris notes, setting up some little macro to just ding when the page changes can be done with a chrome extension and a few minutes.

the most dangerous game is that one on star trek with the cones and pizzas that makes you horny

I know exactly which one you mean, with the google glass. Does that make me old?!?

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
^^^^^^ Same

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Man I spent like 45 minutes spamming the various cards on bestbuy without any luck.
Is there a browser that's better for that sort of thing? I normally use chrome.
Also was it literally just spamming "add to cart" or should I have been mixing in some F5's for flavor?

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Just gonna put out there that if someone has an extra card I will gladly take it off your hands full price and pay for shipping. I don't have DM's but you can reach me at Dialmplays at Jeemail dot com. Please let this F5 hell be over

EDIT: Just got an EVGA from the newegg drop. THANK YOU Jensen

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 29, 2020

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
So this is strange question, but in getting the EVGA from newegg, I also managed to snag a PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Graphics Card.
Is anyone interested in this card? Preferably someone in the South Seattle, WA area? I was just gonna cancel it, but I figured a goon might want it. I paid $1750 and would ask the same

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I got the evga card from newegg.com in a similar manner. When the 3090's started dropping, I started refreshing 3080 page as well before the notification.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Could someone please post a link to the Tu madre discord again? I left after I got my 3080, now I have to come crawling back to try and get a 5900x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for the link. Yeah wasn't sure of any other way to get notifications with any regularity. I tried using distillo myself but my one attempt on bestbuy resulting in constant dings so I figured I'll go back to discord