Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Hmmm webhallen.com here in sweden still has 29 asus dual oc in stock.

No 28. No wait 25. And now 18. Ahahaha

E: its a shame 3070 feels just slightly lacking for my 1440p Ultrawide. Gonna wait for a 3080 or that promising 3070ti

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Just call it 2M, 4M and 8M how hard could it be :banjo:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
One of the larger online retailers here (webhallen.se) has about 500 unfullfilled customer orders for ASUS 3080 TUF non OC, and another 1000 orders for the OC variant.

Today they gently shared that they will take delivery of 5 TUF non OC cards on tuesday this week, and a further 2 on thursday. The first 7 people in the queue are certainly thrilled.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Sorry i read it wrong, the 2 additional TUF cards are scheduled for next thursday not this thursday.

Seriously though I actually think this may be some of the first TUF non OC cards they will be sending out, so its kind of good news in a way.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Lol maybe they have simply coupled RTX with DLSS into the same setting. Just so no one can bitch about low performance.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Still waiting for more rumors about that 3070 ti. Its the price/perf point I really want for my 1440p UW :saddowns:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Oh, Ultima IX and Fallout 2 had pretty wild releases :bahgawd:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

Oi Ultima 9. That ran like single digit frames on so many systems
I played it at 14 FPS on my voodo II and i liked it. Well, barely, it was kind of a dud in most respects! I still have the collectors edition box of shame lying around here somwhere...

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I'd love to run CP on my 1060 but my galaxy brain decided to buy a 1440p ultrawide last month and im not sure it would do too well there even at low.

Plus side the game will probably be adequately patched by the time i get hold of a 3080 by august or so!

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

The 3080 struggles to get above 60fpa with the Ultra RT preset on 1440p Ultrawide with DLSS quality. Had to be tweak some settings to get there but it'll do it

Cool, thats the RT settings i'm aiming for when the time comes.

Though it seems some stuff like SSAO can be set to low with almost zero fidelity cost and great benefit so fiddling certainly is paying off here

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Crap, thanks to this thread I realized my Seasonic PSU is one of the problematic ones (SSR-850FX).

Bought it mid 2019 so its probably the partially "fixed" version but its going to be unnecessarily exciting hooking up a 3080 to it. :saddowns:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Rolo posted:

NPR did a bit last night about Cyberpunk being a disaster, saying that it even runs poorly on the nicest hardware available, the PlayStation 5.

Its weird on some console heavy forums the pitchforks are out baling for CDProject blood, calling it the worst release in literally decades (!)

PC side its just another mildly buggy open world RPG release, likely fine in a few months :yawn:

I mean even with all the returns they will probably make a tasty net profit on the old consoles but PR wise they should have just passed on that poo poo

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 19, 2020

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Yeah i don't really blame the console crowd either. It's more CDPR rational greed got the better of them here. The performance was perhaps not quite there to make it work gameplay experience wise. Cue explosive dissatisfaction.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Even if RT is a dud for ones personal needs DLSS means you can probably eke out another year before the next upgrade at what would have been non DLSS performance. Its probably gonna get more and more support.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

orcane posted:

Except I need a card that isn't three slots thick and 320mm long because it has a cooler for 20% higher TDP and 3% more performance than stock :suicide:
Aaaah same. Feels like its TUF or bust for me right now with my wubbly fractal rear end case.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
In that case the supposed 3070ti would be unlikely to be more than 10GB right?

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Guessing the MB needs a bios update to support this too or is the Gfx support enough ?

Nvm: I see its the MB support they are talking about. Asrock do my z390 plz

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 13, 2021

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Played PC RDR2 for 30 minutes before the keybind insanity drove me nuts. I should probably give it another try but i cant abide lazy and sloppy keybind systems these days. I am def getting old.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Yeah I've resigned myself to 3080 or bust.

I have a 1440p UW and toyed with the idea of getting a 3060ti but it'd probably feel underpowered pretty soon so I might as well slum it with my 1060 for a while yet. Still got some 2017-2018 games to finish so meh.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The 3060ti ain't bad at all. I felt like I was settling when I bought it but now that I'm using it and OCing it I'm very happy with it. Wish it had more VRAM but that's my only complaint. I went from 2070S->3060Ti and it's been a nicer boost than just looking at reviews had me thinking.

Well now you got me second guessing again! Settle now or later I guess if the prices keep rising. 3060ti:s are hitting €600 retail around here now though so they dont look so hot sadly.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I backordered a 3080 TUF non OC from my local friendly amazon for like €800 back in october. Was as good a deal as it got in this hellscape.

After 3 months of waiting I thought it would never be delivered and just quietly cancelled... but lo today as they just charged me and sent the drat thing from a warehouse in germany. Yay.

I'm more relieved than happy to get off this ride.

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 26, 2021

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I intend to just set max fps to 80 or 90 and forget about it. Maybe it will even leave some thermal or boost headroom for better minimum fps or w/e

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Oy this 3080 is definitely as toasty as people say. Might settle for 1740 Mhz base with liberal undervolting, to spare my ears and my anemic Define C airflow.

Though I didn't expect less and dont really need more than that either, so all is well as they say!

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 29, 2021

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I've settled for running my 3080 at just 1710mhz ish with an undervolt.

Sooo only around 200w during normal play and i like it that way. Losing a few % performance is well worth it

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
If I dont sell my used 1060 6gb does that make me a filthy silicone hoarder :(

e: I want a spare but it feels like I should donate it to starving gamers

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 12, 2021

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I like how I considered the 3080 for 800€ my least financially responsible purchase by far last year. Lol as it turns out to have been the most fortunate

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
A guy I know made a millon euros scalping designer handbags in Europe.

I never thought of him as a bad guy really... but now I'm maybe starting to. The same poo poo with hiring people to buy stuff under alias and reselling to desperate [housewives].

Maybe he is into cards now? Ehh probably not classy enough, and the GFX clients are way too desperate (lol)

e: its remarkably similar though. Unrealistically "low" ($8k+) MSRPs only availably to the select few insiders and lucky ones or those who have queued for months, and the rabble having to pay double or more to get a bag at their leisure.

e2: corrected bag price

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

Hmmmm somehow I think if you're spending $180-160k on a status symbol to flex on the poors getting ripped off is the least bad thing that should happen to you.

As opposed to the proles putting $2-4k into a 3090 am I right :homebrew:
(I got the bag price wrong tho, they start at $8k not $80k whopee)

Though I agree with you up to any sane price point. Also Hermes freaks aren't loving it up for the rest of us who just want rucksacks. Also Hermes wants the market to be hosed and I truly don't think Nvidia has the same desire.

Amusingly the 3090 is gonna be worth almost nothing in in 6 years while the Hermes bag likely will still be resellable. High GFX gaming is getting pretty pricey on a yearly basis.

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 1, 2021