Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Just got my Gigabyte 970 Windforce with the factory overclock and ran Furmark benchmark (6479) wow it is a lot quieter than I thought it would be under full load. I had to get right next to the computer to hear it. Temps were stable at 71 C with fan going 72%. Would recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm not sure if this is actually that new or not, but here;

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1041190871#post1041190871

Seems like some people are having better luck with coil whine with the 1.1 rev.

I have the 1.1 rev which I bought from newegg last week and no coil whine at all. I think with how quickly they have been going out of stock chances are if you buy from now on you will get a 1.1 rev card.

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 30, 2014

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Deviantfish posted:

I got really excited for the new dragon age game but as it turns out my four or so year old computer with crossfire AMD 6950s is slow as poo poo, and chugs even on low quality. Anyone have tweaks I can do, or at least what a decent budget card these days is?

Tweaks won't help you, you need a faster card. Here is the new Dragon age benchmarked http://www.techspot.com/review/921-dragon-age-inquisition-benchmarks/ with lots of different card and 3 resolutions.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

This is funny I click on the link and it is in stock then click back to this thread and back to the link and it is out of stock.

Not buying one just thought the timing was funny.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Sweet the new version of MSI Afterburner works properly with Windows 10 TP before I had to manually start it to get the overclock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Well my Gigabyte 970 release day G1 card started to start to whine in cycles the other day but some canned dust cleaner on the fans stopped that. Just letting others know the value of dust cleaner.