Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

axeil posted:

Midnight EST has come and past and nothing's changed on Best Buy's website. Looks like they really will be sticking to the 9 AM EST time.

I thought it was 12 central.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

welp, so much for midnight cst

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Glad I got up for this bullshit

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly think I'm just going to do the EVGA step up. I really don't have time to constantly f5 sites and I'll at least get to play Cyberpunk on a 2070S. Probably won't arrive until 2021 but oh well. I just want to be on a list and forget about it at this point.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

D-Pad posted:

No F5 needed. I just had the discord that has been linked in here open. Not even on voice or general chat. Just had alerts set for the tracking channel on there. When I heard the ping I clicked over to discord clicked the link and added to cart. You'll need to be at your computer when it happens because they won't stay up long but even if you are only on the computer sometimes you will probably get one sooner than step up would go out. Judging by the amount of people that just got an FE off nvidia the stock is going to start moving fast.

Well, that's good to know. poo poo, I'm not sure what to do. Anyone have a link to that discord?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

https://discord.gg/ycejEa

Make sure you enable notifications on mobile too.

Thanks!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So I just picked up one of these, MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus 10G OC LHR off amazon. I didn't really think about it but will I have any issues fitting this into my meshify c? It'll be tight.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Max GPU length of 315mm with the fan installed according to their website https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c/black/

MSI says the length is 305mm. So you’ll have it right up against whatever stock fan - just over 1/3” of clearance. If you are not using the stock fan in that position it may or may not work. There are slim fans from a few vendors if you need to buy yourself some more room, eg https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a12x15-pwm-chromax-black-swap

Perfect, thanks for the info and links. I guess I'll try it and if I need to buy a slimmer fan I can go that route. Would like to keep this case for at least a few more years because the build isn't really that old.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I need to give undervolting another try. I couldn't really find anything stable that wouldn't crash during benchmarks or games. Runs fine stock though.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Following the thread and just bought a couple 140mm fans. I don't think my case is getting enough air with the temps I'm having.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

What does the event viewer say? I had that same issue.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just ordered a Zotac 4090 Airo to play the new Cyberpunk dlc and Alan Wake 2. Everything I've read seems pretty positive. Hope it's good :shrug:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MikusR posted:

AMD sponsored Avatar game PC feature trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKjgVkGwzU

Feature include FSR2, and Raytraced shadows/reflections

According to this, unless it's wrong, it will have dlss as well.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/BkC0DoN1xbtIRELFWWZm7/frontiers-of-pandora-pc-features-revealed

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just got a 4090 and want to make sure. Is the single 600w cable that I got with my power supply enough to power this thing? Do I need to mess with the adapter and 4 pcie cables?

12vhpwr cable I mean

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 25, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It is, and no you don't. Enjoy the single-cable experience.

Great, thanks!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

Just got a 4090 and want to make sure. Is the single 600w cable that I got with my power supply enough to power this thing? Do I need to mess with the adapter and 4 pcie cables?

12vhpwr cable I mean

Installed and everything works. :toot:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah time to load up Vampire Survivors and really test the thing out!

(I fuckin love my 4090)

lol, i've been playing a wow single player server all day, really gonna test this thing out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I signed up for a month of EA play pro for 15 bucks to play it. Really no reason to buy it on steam for me. It's alright but I doubt I'll finish it with Starfield coming out next week.