Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Anyone have any idea of how long it will be before 290's will be sold with aftermarket coolers? I'm itching to upgrade from my GTX 480.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127758

Ummm...

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Getting impatient as gently caress. Should I just pull the trigger on a 780 instead of waiting for an aftermarket cooled 290x? Someone tell me what I should do. :shepspends:

I'm running a GTX 480 and want a prettier BF4. I'm also considering upgrading my monitor to 1440p at some point.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

HalloKitty posted:

gently caress, Java tries to install some extra poo poo along with it that you have to uncheck.
Probably belongs in the IT bitching thread, but god drat does that piss me off. One of the most common ways to get a virus is through Java exploits and these assholes have the gall to package a loving toolbar with every update? Asshats.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
gently caress it... I'm gonna go to Fry's and buy a 780. Is the EVGA FTW edition or the Asus card "better"? I know EVGA has that step-up program so that's definitely a plus.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

veedubfreak posted:

If you have no plans to upgrade to multimonitor, the 780 is probably the better deal with the 3 games and price cut. I -almost- bought a classified, but then Newegg ran the price up to 699 and I managed to get ahold of a 290x.
I have no desire to do a multi-monitor gaming setup. I run a 2nd monitor for looking at vent and temps and whatnot, but it's not for gaming. Most I'll do is perhaps upgrade my 28" 1200p to a 1440p.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
I bought a EVGA GTX 780 ACX/FTW whatever version at the beginning of the month. Looks like I can use their step-up program to hop to a 780ti for ~145 bucks - more for better shipping that I'd probably shoot for.

Someone tell me I shouldn't do it. (Do the other thing)

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

goobernoodles posted:

I bought a EVGA GTX 780 ACX/FTW whatever version at the beginning of the month. Looks like I can use their step-up program to hop to a 780ti for ~145 bucks - more for better shipping that I'd probably shoot for.

Someone tell me I shouldn't do it. (Do the other thing)
Sweet jebus I broke #100 on the step up waiting list finally. Down to #59! I want my 780TI now, damnit.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Should I sell my 780ti and get a 295x2? Tell me no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Bought a EVGA 1080 FTW today. Is there a consensus on the "best" bang for your buck when it comes to the overclocked 1080's?

e: Anyone have an opinion on whether I should upgrade from my Haswell I7-4770K @ 4Ghz for any reason?

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 19, 2016