Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

WMain00 posted:

It fits!

Albeit I had to take out the 3.5 tray....but i'll never use it for anything anyway.

I've yet to test it out on anything yet.

What the heck case is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Coincidentally I was about to ask in here why that ^^ particular Zotac card is so much shorter (203mm!) than most other 970s.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm having Rainbow Six Lockdown flashbacks.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

I really liked Blood Dragon. But I messed up and finished the main story in like 12 hours. I still had like 75% of the map left but just felt like it wasn't worth bothering with after getting the final weapon.

12? If you only truck through the story missions it takes like 3.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Also due to pandemic reasons, quite a lot of poo poo is out of stock.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Unormal posted:

The same way you do with any other law, when someone does it you take away rights. hth

lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Yesterday I won a Newegg shuffle for a 3060 but didn't see the notification until 5 minutes after the deadline :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It was with a SSD and would have made the 3060 $585 which is dumb af but I probably would have bought it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol today's shuffle is nothing but RAM

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is my first time trying the BB roulette, is the "Verify Your Account" infinite loop normal?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3070-twin-edge-oc-white-edition-lhr

3070 for $869 if anyone is desperate

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My friend is trying to figure out how long he can put off upgrading. He currently has 2 GTX 980s in SLI. What is that roughly the equivilent of?

He's got a 1440p monitor so I think he's gonna have to bite the bullet sooner or later.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to crush his soul :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1477941811637370881

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I mean I have a 60hz monitor and anything under 60fps is immediately noticable to me and anything under 50 is unplayable.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol, no video cards anymore

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

When I click on Video Card nothing happens, I assumed that meant there was nothing left, as opposed to the site being broken, right? :mad:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zil posted:

Do we even want to know what unholy acts will be required for this to occur?

Pay $3000

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao the shuffle is nothing but 3050s, gently caress off

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

God sorry, phone posting gets worse and worse for me.

Not gonna lie, I still have no idea what you actually meant to post.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

dang, I got to the credit card page before it said the card(s) were sold out lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

evga diy was/is up briefly, my order for a 3070 ti went through, heres hoping

*edit* 3070 ti still in stock like 15 minutes later fwiw

*edit* 3080 ti in stock now

Basticle fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 3, 2022

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao evga dusted off an old package of 1060s for the diy bundle today

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

OK baizuo posted:

I finally won the Newegg shuffle for a 3070ti after the better part of a year of trying off and on and at the last moment i just couldn't pull the trigger

gently caress paying 1k for a gpu, even if that's "good" these days

Keep an eye on https://www.evga.com/products/diy/

They seem to have cards semi-regularly (I think they usually drop around 11AM-12 EST)

I don't need a keyboard but I'd have needed a new PSU anyway.

Although I would have preferred a 3060 Ti or a 3070 I'm very happy to finally be done with this poo poo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So I got a evga 3070 ti and 750w psu bundle a few weeks ago and have had zero problems in the 8 days since I put it all together but twice now (a week apart) I've had the entire system just completely shut off and both times I had a game running minimized and had a full screen streaming video playing when it happened. Is the GPU just overwhelming the PSU or something? I don't think it would be but is the PSU's eco mode having anything to do with it?

*edit* just realized I'm an idiot and didn't realize evga had their own fan control software (I was using MSI Afterburner still) and installing Precision X1 the first thing it did was update the firmware so who knows.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6IoQXBJNo

this is pretty nutty