Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Factory Factory posted:

What even is the difference between the Very High and Ultra presets in Bioshock: Infinite anyway? Very High is playing ludicrously well on 1GB 6850 CF. I can't pinpoint a difference with the screenshots available online.
I believe it was mostly the draw distance on the shadows b/w ultra and high. Well, each step seemed to be drastically different in terms of draw/filter distance and maybe resolution from low - high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Kinda tempted to get a 4GB 770gtx but people are pretty consistent with saying that gigabyte cards keep getting artifacts. I'm guessing my next choice is evga but the premium is pretty big considering a 4 gb gtx770 (even at 1080p) is almost the same price as a EVGA SC ACX 2GB. Haven't seen anyone with a non-Gigabyte card complain just yet but 450$ for a 4gb card where everyone else is sitting at 440$ for 2GB is prettttty tempting.