Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

I wish my 3080FE was a little more flashy but I'm very lucky to have it at all, so gently caress yeah, giant hunk of metal

change my name posted:

I installed all-black parts in an all-black case with no RGB, it's hard to photograph

All-black as well and shoved under a desk to boot, my RGB doesn't help much. Sometimes it looks cool, other times it's hazy and washed out like a cheap dystopian cityscape, but that probably says more about my phone camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Tokit posted:

I heard ryzen CPUs love having all 4 slots populated and you get a very small performance boost out of it, even if you're on intel why not have more ram?

Either way though my point is why not just actually spend that money on getting another 1% of performance then buy the fancy coloured cables after? idk maybe i'm old and out of touch because i don't entirely get all the aesthetic stuff in computers now, i'll be over here with my brown noctua fans yelling at the clouds

I wanted 32GB to start out, and the price was $199.98 for 4x8 or $199.99 for 2x16. I can upgrade later without buying 4 new DIMMs.

(i mean, i won't, but it sounds good in theory) :shrug:

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Zil posted:

Can I return the raccoon?

No, you have to return the whole bundle, and if the raccoon dies in shipping, you have to drive everything back to the fulfillment center yourself in the rusted-out Dart because FedEx doesn't accept animal carcasses.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

64bit_Dophins posted:

I tried going to microcenter before it opened a few weeks ago and there was a huge line out in front of it with people looking for video cards.

The store owner then came out and told us that they had already given the "GPU vouchers" to a group of people that showed up at 5:30am that morning.

I just gave up on finding a GPU completely and am just going to limp my 6gb 1060 along until 2025 when you can get a MSRP GPU.

After seeing the Tustin chair-squatting incident, I went to my Microcenter on Sunday afternoon to find an entire multigenerational family sitting in folding chairs out front.

I wonder if Meemaw ever got her 3080.

EoRaptor posted:

GamersNexus on everybody stuffing that turkey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXN3Oe5FdRQ
Makes a ton of sense, sadly. I'm slightly less mad at Newegg for their insane combos after having watched this, but also ~95% sure that some product manager at Gigabyte has traded sexual favors to the GPU division to offload all their dogshit PSUs so they can make their quarter.