Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

So I hope this question belongs itt, but imo it seems like the best fit.

I recently upgraded my system to 64bit with win 8.1, and after setting up everything I see that my system is stretching old 4:3 games to fit my widescreen monitor. I could swear that there was a setting in my Nvidia panel to keep old stuff native with letterboxing, but I can't seem to find it. Am I wrong in thinking that this should be handled through the GPU control software?

E: Never mind, I found it. The wording in the options menu just threw me off :v:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Hey, goons

This post will border on Tech Support but since it's GPU related I figured it would best go in here. I previously used a Nvidia GT 710(lol I know) and upgraded to a Radeon RX 570. I installed the card proper but when I went to the driver setup I was notified that none of the AMD software packages works with my OS(Win 8.1). So I did some digging and found a guide that lets me instal the drivers from the AMD packages manually without using their software. Seems to have worked since the card now shows up in my device manager. But now I'm sorta at a loss if I'm good at that point or if I need to instal more stuff? I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to these things so I don't know if I need some more software to properly utilize my new GPU?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Not really I guess I just never cared much for doing it until now :v:

E: Since I'm also going to switch from HD to SSD in the next days I guess I should get the upgrade done, huh?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

DrDork posted:

And the upgrade is still free in most cases (thankfully).
Gonna have to investigate that then. I bought an 64bit version of 8.1 back when it was newish so I hope that I qualify for a free update then.

Thanks