Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I came across http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/r9-290-accelero-xtreme-290,3671.html this article a while back on slapping an aftermarker cooler on a base 290. Is that a terrible idea for someone who doesn't have a whole lot of expertise in the area? In fact, how common is it for people to do that with their video cards? For a CPU it is almost braindead simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Does the corsair hg10 actually exist

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress me is my reference cooler 290 loud as poo poo sometimes

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Why did a bunch of Strixes just appear in open box for newegg

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I bought a reference 290 for 200 a year ago and besides the jet engine I enjoy it

Kind of want a quieter card though

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Who the gently caress is GALAX and should I trust them with money

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

So whats the psu wattage we're generally looking at for this plus everything else

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ir07m2/large_cpu_heatsinks_can_collide_with_the_3080_fe/

Whoops

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

BurritoJustice posted:

Yeah it's honestly pretty great. For a comparison to last generations highest end, you can get two 3090s and a bridge for less than a Titan RTX. It's around a good AIB 2080ti at launch, I almost paid $2499 for a Waterforce 2080ti when it came out

So the 3090 is, relative to last generations especially, a better deal in Australia than America which is nice

Does that happen all that often for aussies and electronics

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

I’m too old to dick around with OCing at this point.

I’ll take whatever I can get out of the box and I don’t feel like I need those few extra frames.

I certainly don’t want to spend the time to find the best OC where my poo poo doesn’t crash. I just wanna log on and game.

When XMP profiles gently caress up at this point I just want to go 'gently caress it' and move on

lord knows i don't want to oc anything anymore

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Zarin posted:

I went to bed at 8pm and woke up two hours ago for no reason, other than I was tired.

I'm awake this early and I don't even have the funds for a card until the end of the month <:mad:>

Also, the card I want doesn't even exist yet, apparently.

Perfect

Then you can't be disappointed like the ones that exist but you won't be able to buy

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mine is 1300 W, will that be enough?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Can evga step up be used with retailers? I'm assuming.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Whats a vtuber

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

spunkshui posted:

ZenVulgarity posted:

Whats a vtuber

Have you ever seen a twitch streamer that just puts a random hot girl on the corner instead of their own face because that gets them viewers faster.

This is that + Anime

Ah

I am now old I see

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

All of these skus are loving confusing to me at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012