Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I've managed to get my hands on roughly half a dozen PS5s for friends who've been seeking them out. One of my buddies, knowing I've generally been on top of that kind of thing, asked me to help him get a 3080

I was not ready for the sheer scale of competition for these cards, nor the supply challenges between bitcoin and chip shortages

This will be my white whale for the next couple months I imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Booyah- posted:

i've found ps5s at least as hard to get as 3070s. how did you find the ps5s?

Walmart drops are easy - use the add-to-checkout link during the drops, refresh until it adds to your cart, have your billing/shipping info logged so you can do it in a couple clicks once it lands. Otherwise, just do the psdirect roulette every week and you'll get lucky eventually

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Got to micro center about an hour before open, about 15-20 people ahead of me in line. Guess I’ll wait to see if I get any dregs.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Kunabomber posted:

Hahah, my local microcenter has 80 people in line this morning. You're doing great!

Kunabomber posted:

Hahah, my local microcenter has 80 people in line this morning. You're doing great!

Holy moly, I might start pointing my friends to this spot then. Unfortunately they only had like 3 Nvidia GPUs - I just went on a whim, wasn't aware of a drop of any kind. Walked away with a 6700 for $815. Woof. But better than nothing.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I managed to get a 3070 through this BB drop. Was swearing through the whole 2FA bit of checkout but made it through.

roomtwofifteen posted:

I keep saying I'm getting closer to camping out at Micro Center, but shipments of 30 series seem to have really dried up at the Fairfax VA location near me over the last few weeks. Everything looks grim!

If you're willing to drive I think Parkville gets way less traffic

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Had the opportunity to snag an asus 3070 for $1k today but after lucking out with a founders at MSRP I couldn't bring myself to

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Barely managed to snag an MSRP 10gb gigabyte 3080 on best buy this morning out of sheer luck

Things are getting easier, for sure. Canceled my backup plan to get a 12GB at those ripoff prices

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

$1,030 before tax, and this is one with the gawdy rgb. Still not the deal you'll get on a $700 MSRP Founders but I'm happy to see them slide to around the $1k mark. I almost paid $1,250 for the gouger model

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Best buy had an in-store FE drop today

Someone posted a tracker discord earlier and I took a peek, some people were running around getting multiple retail 3080s. Fuckers.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

More FEs in person at Best Buy this morning. Might take a bit of staking out the openings but they’re there

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The end goal is not practicality, it's to thrust the consumer video card market into the same realm as the audio market, wherein consumers overpay for diminishing returns that are not perceptible to human biology

They have assessed, imo correctly, that their hobbyist userbase has the means and desire to overpay for more pixels

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

change my name posted:

Microcenter blasted out an email saying all ASUS GPUs had a price cut, 3070 Tis are now $699: https://www.microcenter.com/product...0-graphics-card

I got this card at this price from microcenter 2 weeks ago

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

If your power supply has a 240V setting get an adapter and go nuts

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I went from a 970 to a 3070ti and while most stuff ran nominally well it's nice to be able to really crank everything up to max again

Now my bottleneck is all CPU so in another 3-4 years I'll probably upgrade everything else

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

The 3070Ti is also an exceptionally pointless card if not for the 3070 being scarce, and the 3080 10GB is similarly unavailable.

I paid $700 for mine when things just started cooling down in March and honestly am pretty bummed I didn't just wait. It's a gouge to be sure but with the way things have been the past ~4 years I figured if I didn't snipe it when I had the chance I'd just be forced to pay scalper prices whenever my 970 died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Does this have anything to do with the dogshit loading times of Darktide? Is there any tweak I can do for that?