Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Speaking as a scrub who plays TF2 at its lowest settings on a 6 year-old laptop at 1366x768, I'm sort of excited for this 480. I even like the look of it compared to the 1070/1080.

I really hope it's somewhat comparable to the 1070 and be below AUD$300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Puddin posted:

Looks like one retailer has put up their pricing.

http://www.pc-tek.com.au/msi-amd-radeon-rx-480-graphics-card.html

$419.

Probably gonna give it a miss at that price or import like you said.

They're also selling an MSI GTX 970 at $525 though it goes for $479 at PC Case Gear, so I'd expect it to be sub-$400 everywhere else at the very least?

(please be $300 :( )

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Puddin posted:

MSY which is usually one of the cheaper places confirmed their price for the 8gb 480.

$440. About a $100 over what I wanted to spend. Oh well, I'll wait it out again.

They just went up on PC Case Gear, XFX 480 8GB's are going for $379, ASUS $449 and MSI $439 (why're they so much more expensive?).

The XFX 4GB is going for $319 which is in my budget but sort of worried about how loud the cooler might be or whether I need the extra 4GB :ohdear:

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

No you won't need 8gb.

Thank you Dog House youre a star

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

The mini EVGA 1060 looks perfect for my little PC case and at AUD409 it's even cheaper than some of the reference RX480s but they've already sold out at one of the only stores that have it here :<