Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

im confused by the model numbering scheme, it's like they've started a new scheme but in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

the other cool thing about bitcoin is that the people who have the most of it were the ones using it to sell CP and drugs, so people jumping on and increasing the value has probably made a few CP multimillionaires.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

I've still got a GTX970 and will be really annoyed if they do it again.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Arzachel posted:

Cryengine scaled down very well, they just let people crank the settings up way harder then reasonable but turns out insecure nerds get real mad at that.

Crysis was just about playable on a 7600GT

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Sininu posted:

Made no difference.
I had it set to max perf because in certain 2D games two of my previous GPUs and likely this one as well wouldn't clock up making those games run poorly.

I think I had this and it wasn't until after a restart after changing the setting it went back to normal

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Klyith posted:

violating the "don't pre-order games" rule harder than it's ever been violated before

I know half life is behind valve's break in case of emergency glass and they're not just gonna toss off a low-effort vr "experience"... but I'm not positive valve even remembers how to make games anymore.

I think that's why they bought Campo Santo the Firewatch studio. Some of them were leads/important in the first Telltale Walking Dead season.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i run my RTX2070S on PCI-E 3.0 x8 and it seems fine

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

DLSS2 is pretty impressive in Control and to me looks a bit better than native. Wish it hadn't taken this long. Hopefully it gets included in more games.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

It worked amazingly for me on my RTX2070S but then after a couple of minutes started blasting super loud white noise down the line so be careful not to deafen your friends.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

DrDork posted:

Clearly it's the AI deciding after a few minutes that white noise is preferable over whatever it is you'd been saying. This is what we get when we let AI start making decisions: sass and talkback!

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven’t watched that video yet but I once bolted a second PSU to the side of my computer, which is possibly the most terrible computer mod ever. drat thing even looked like Frankenstein.

That's Frankenstein's mod sir!

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

I was using an old Nexus 4 as a webcam/security cam and the heat and stress on the battery caused the battery to swell and pop the back off the phone. Had to leave the phone in the garden until I could get tools to get the battery out.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

:pray:

RTX2180Ti
RTX2180
RTX2170
RTX2160
GTX1860Ti
GTX1860
GTX1850

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012