Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

If I was about to give up trying to buy a gpu for a reasonable price, what should I look for on ebay?

I saw some 3060s for like 800 bucks 😬

I just built a new 5600x rig that has a GT710 that I pulled from my old rear end pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Kunabomber posted:

If money is no object, an RTX 3090

That's a bit too rich for me.

My entire new build cost about 1100 bucks.

I guess the most I'd want to spend is like 1000 dollars. That seems like a lot too.

Is a ~800 dollar 3060 the best "value" as far as performance for overpriced dollar?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Sadly the closest microcenter is almost 3 hours away from me.

I think I might try posting a thread in SA Mart.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

mysteryberto posted:

Evga b stock is up and dang the prices are high. If you don’t want to support scalpers you can buy two generation old scratch and dent cards

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8

All I see is power supplies. Did they sell out that quick?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I managed to get a 3060 from today's shuffle.

I am shocked.

Finally gonna have a decent computer.

What cool games have I missed in the last ~7 years on PC?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Ok, I have a ton of games to buy apparently! Thank you!

Any big rear end monitor recommendations?

I'm currently on a Samsung 24" thing from like 10 years ago that's 1080p@ 60hz. It's basically a TV not a computer monitor.

Was looking at those big 34" curved monstrosities. The Gigabyte one seems like a good deal for price/performance.

I should probably go look and see if there is a monitor thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I think I am giving up on getting a gpu.

I won a shuffle last week and UPS delivered it somewhere else in my apartment complex and someone else signed for it.

What's the point of having a signature for delivery if you let anyone sign for it? The name signed is clearly not mine.

My credit card is refunding me at least.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 13, 2021