Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Martian Manfucker posted:

If you're in Canada, MCS just put up their 3080 preorders for the partner cards:

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/catalog/1052?s=relevance&t=all
Nice thanks! Ordered an EVGA one, it's weird to not know even which year it'll ship but it's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Martian Manfucker posted:

I wish there were even rumours about when Mike's Computer Shop will get it's stock. They shipped out a few ZOTAC 80/90s last week and nothing since.

I emailed Mike's about an EVGA 3080 order and they said they have zero clue when they're getting any AIBs. Sadly they also charged me in full first so I may just refund and F5 nVidias site.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So for anyone still trying to get a 3080, have they been in stock anywhere long enough for non-bots to get them or are they all basically still instantly sold out?

The latter. Like in the Discord that I'm using for notifications that's been linked in this thread each stock-up for FEs has a few people get them but the quantities are either very small or it's still botters.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

jisforjosh posted:

There aren't as many bots as at release. The Discord has like 6000 people watching it plus you've got other Discords as well and people with their own trackers or page refreshers. The batches retailers are getting are insanely small and the demand is unreal.

Yeah that's what I said, "either very small or it's still botters". I came damned close to getting one on Thursday too but I had forgotten to bookmark the checkout page and by the time I found the link after the JS flow was failing me they were sold out.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Hemish posted:

Anyone knows why Amazon Canada seems to have received 0 3080 card from EVGA since launch?
You basically want your listing to be Prime-eligible on Amazon.ca (and .com) so the vendors would need to ship a minimum quantity to the fulfillment centers in Canada first. I would guess that with the tiny amounts it's not worth it to do that yet since there's such a backlog of orders directly with the AIBs.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

terrorist ambulance posted:

Anyone have any good suggestions for Canadian discord stock watchers. I'm too stupid to work that snatcher thing

I don't know if there's any point yet, even with the nvidia-snatcher script getting hits on Newegg.ca and Amazon I cannot get anything through the checkout fast enough. There are a *lot* of people still sniping all new inventory.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

KidDynamite posted:

guess who’s dumbass misplaced or got rid of the extra psu cables they had? And also has a 3080 sitting lonely as gently caress in front of him?

loving hell. Guess I’m getting a new PSU.

Most PSU vendors will send or sell you the missing cables.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
That looks offensively boring.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Newegg.ca keeps getting restocked, if you can't get through the checkout make sure you're signed into Paypal first and use their express checkout.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

FlamingLiberal posted:

Once again I was on top of the drop and Best Buy would not let me put it in my cart

Their mobile app is much more reliable for what it's worth (though as a Canadian I haven't got poo poo yet either)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

BIG HEADLINE posted:

1) I have to get and play through it before anyone spoils the plot for me. :ohdear:
Yeah it's this, I took my time with RDR2 and literally could not avoid having everything spoiled.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It ain't wrong about the 7700K struggling :(

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
GFN supports Steam cloud saves and I don't believe Stadia does, so if you want to keep playing the same save away from your PC GeForce Now is the one to go with.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Chainclaw posted:

A tropical juice drink was named POG, after Passion fruit-Orange-Guava created in 1971. Children started playing a game with bottle caps from the drink, and called the game POG. A video was uploaded to the internet in 2010 of a POG tournament, and the winner made the face used in the POGChamp emote. People started using it as a reaction to a high skill play, then started shortening it to POG. Then someone made a bunch of Pepe the Frog replacement emotes for the regular twitch emotes, and poggers was the Pepe the Frog version of POGChamp.

Edit: forgot the last bit. The Pepe the Frog poggers emote is only available through people using a custom browse extension for Twitch chat, so users without that extension just see the text "poggers" and not the emote.

I mean you kinda need the pic

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Walmart (like Amazon) has an entire marketplace backend where any seller can sell things, you can tell by the "Sold & shipped byMemoryC" at the bottom.

Not that it makes it any better, but at least it's not them directly doing it.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Squibbles posted:

I managed to get my order in for a 3080 today, thanks to a Canadian stock monitoring twitch stream of all things.

edit: in case it helps someone else - https://www.twitch.tv/war10ck3d

Thanks, do they put the link in the chat or something when it goes off? I ordered from Mike's on launch day basically and they have seen zero cards of what I went for (the RTX 3080 FTW3).

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Hemish posted:

As a Canadian with no access to brick and mortar stores, I feel like I will never get one. I've been on Discords for close to 2 months now and I don't think we had more than 3 alerts for 3080.

Yeah it sucks. Another Canadian goon earlier suggested this Twitch channel, I'm leaving it on in the background.

https://www.twitch.tv/war10ck3d

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Bloopsy posted:

Was this the hex edit that people claimed ga love them a fps boost?

Nah though that was actually fixed too for AMD systems with <8 cores.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Haha holy poo poo

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

FlamingLiberal posted:

The system I built over the weekend is a 5600X/3070/32 GB/game installed on an NVME SSD. This is the first game I've run on the system but I'm assuming that these crashes probably aren't related to my hardware. I made sure to update the GPU drivers after I installed Windows on the PC.

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest (beta if possible)? I built a new B550 build and though it worked out of the box with a 5800x I had weird issues until I updated.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

FlamingLiberal posted:

I updated the BIOS to the most recent non-beta version when I did the BIOS flash on Friday.

I had to go to the beta for stability on my Gigabyte Aorus bullshit whatever Pro B550.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Kazinsal posted:

Meanwhile in Canada, you get to either suffer months of backorder or pay double the MSRP of them!

Another Canadian goon recommended this Twitch stream and I was able to snag both a CPU and GPU with it's alerts.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Weird question but with all the drama about 3 power connectors for a GPU I was wondering why the card I got (a 3090 Gigabyte Vision OC) only needs two power connectors. If this gigantic thing works with two why do some need three?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Wow

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

You can try over or underclocking; my palit 1080 coil whines with its release vbios.

Just do what I did and get old enough for your ears to not pick up young-people noises such as coil whine, you're welcome

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

flakeloaf posted:

Good to know.

With the proviso that all benchmarks are artificial tests that are stupid and dumb, what are the cool kids using to do the thing these days? Passmark? 3DMark? Don't say furmark; I want to talk about fire, not start one.

Cinebench and 3DMark seem pretty popular.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

taqueso posted:

Hey Intel, sell me a pcie tiger lake die with cpu cores enabled

Not quite Tiger Lake but: https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/elements/nuc-compute-elements/nuc9i7qnb.html

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Settings seemed okay when you apply and back out, it seemed to forget changes I made in the sub-settings menu after a benchmark run though.

Also god it feels nice to play a game that looks and feels this good again after bouncing off of Starfield (also I feel so spoiled having a map).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Internet Explorer posted:

Okay, but these PCI-E latches are basically a joke these days with the size of these GPUs and CPU coolers, right? How the gently caress am I supposed to get my hands and/or a screwdriver in there? I am getting too old for this.
I literally spent like 10 minutes with a headband-lamp and a chopstick to get a 4090 out of a "premium" X570 Aorus Pro motherboard, what a loving joke.