Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Anyone in the market for a lightly used Titan XP 12GB Jedi edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Hamelekim posted:

No female jedi on blower?

Unfortunately this model has lots of Rey-tracing

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

pzy posted:

Anyone in the market for a lightly used Titan XP 12GB Jedi edition?

New question, anyone happen to have just the box for one of these? Might make it easier to resell

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Maybe Half-Life: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-original-half-life-just-got-patched-for-some-reason/

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Half-Life 3 will be Half-Life 1+2+RTX, mark my knives Gaben

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
There's some great old GPU boxes, and they're becoming collectible too.

I found this at a thrift store for $5 and sold it on eBay to a European collector for $100:

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Hello I have a story:

I have a good friend who can and does spend a lot of money on his gaming passion, and sometimes I buy his old hardware.

Somehow he ended up with 2 3090s, and since SLI is a joke even when your gaming budget is unlimited, he sold me his Founders edition. I believe the second one is an EVGA.

Basically he took the Founders edition out of the box, saw it wouldn't line up for SLI, and then stuck it in another box to ship to me along with some other things.

Perhaps you can guess the problem... his installed 3090 uses regular ATX power connectors, but the Founders edition uses the new smaller 12-pin connector.

He is not one to keep packaging and boxes around, so the adapter is long gone, along with the box.

Here I sit with an art piece 3090 until a small company in the UK can build and ship me the cable I need to power it.

Feel bad for me etc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Don't worry, he's very grounded

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Twerkdad posted:

You can get a individually sleeved 12-pin cables here:
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Custom-Sleeved-PCIE-Modular-Cable-for-NVIDIA-RTX-30-Series-Mini-12-Pin.html

It'll apparently take a month or so to show up though

Yeah that's where I ended up getting it from, and sprung for fast shipping. Hopefully more like a week at most?

Edit: Just found this on Reddit:

a reddit nerd posted:

Unfortunately the downside of moddiy in my experience is the shipping. I placed an order on 9/6, asked them about shipping 9/13, they said it’d ship the next day, it actually shipped 9/17. It then didn’t leave HK until 10/1 to get here on 10/5.

And that was an in stock off the shelf item, not a custom cable.

This is going to be fun

pzy fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 21, 2020

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

jeeze another batch of NIB 2080tis sold for 430 on ebay again this morning, uuuugh

Check the feedback... someone is trying to manipulate eBay sold prices. Those cards do not exist.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
You're supposed to take a bit of profit from the shipping costs, not outright say you're scalping fellow goons!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The usual line from Micro Center employees is they get "between 6-14 30x0 cards per week, something like 0-1 3080, 1-2 3090, and the rest in 3070s"

A healthy supply line etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The GPU market is fascinating right now in a shitshow sort of way