Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Just finished chatting with Amazon and I was told that they couldn't do the pricematch/voucher for a card I ordered on 10/24, but she would escalate it to see if the promotions team could do something. I'm guessing it will be a no after looking at that reddit thread. Maybe I will have to order pc parts from somewhere else from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

From everything we’ve seen the 3080 looks to be a 320 watt part, correct?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

shrike82 posted:

The rumour is 320 for the 3080, 350 for the 3090

So yeah, can’t really use a 600 watt with a 3080 and an i9 then if it’s true.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, there must not actually be any founders editions to sell...

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I decided I didn't want to watch stock alerts and f5 for a card so I picked up a 2070 super from best buy and got into the step up queue immediately. It also allows me to hopefully sell my 1080 ti before 3070 stock hits etc etc. Hope I'm not waiting for months, but I figured I would roll the dice.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Had one in my cart, got hung up on "Checking Out..."

Same

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Anyone have that discord link?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I’ll buy the ftw

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Fuzz posted:

And then try to step it up for a FTW3 Ultra, I'd just eat the $150 extra bucks, right? Would it even be a guaranteed step up at this point?

Correct, you lose anything over the step up price. The step up is guaranteed, but you’re going to be at the back of a long long line if you join now.

Be careful where you purchase the card from. It needs to be from an authorized retailer, and the card you linked does not qualify due to not being sold by amazon proper.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Can someone link the discord(s) please?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyone got an invite link to this? Previous links in the thread expired.

https://discord.gg/P9sEVfJJ

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Samadhi posted:

HOW APROPOS OF MY NEXT QUESTION:

Since I have been unable to get a 3080 in my hands for 2+ months now, and the fact that I was able to snag a 5800X Zen 3 chip, I am antsy to get my computer built. I doubt I will get a 3080 until my number is called on the EVGA list, so I am planning on getting a bridge video card to carry me over until I get the 3080 or 3080 Ti if that is a real thing.

Is this 1660 Ti card I can pick up at my local Best Buy a good interim card for 1080p/1440p gaming?

EVGA - SC ULTRA GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6

Another benefit is I can then sign up for EVGA Step-up with the card as well.

Step ups are going super slow. If you join now, I would bet money it will take six months or more to get to you at the current rate

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Cygni posted:

The day after my overpriced 3090 shows up, i finally get an evga notification for a 3090 XC3 Ultra. If someone really wants it for $1,620+tax/shipping (no scalping fee), lemme know and maybe we can work something out where i just have them ship it to you direct.

Sent you a pm

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I have a Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC coming from Amazon that I don’t need now. Does anyone want it for cost? Reviews say this is like the loudest 3070 or one of them, but it’s pretty short so should fit in lots of cases.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, step ups are like and hour and a half into the list after two months. I said screw it and worked some overtime and got a 3090 off Newegg.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I mashed buy on this 3070 last week but ended up not needing it. I offered it in the thread at cost, but the goon that wanted it backed out on me today, after it was already delivered. Does anyone want this? I’d love to meet in person around the Portland area, but I’m willing to ship. Let me know soon, otherwise it’s just going back to Amazon.

https://imgur.com/a/8HbTA4f

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

DrDork posted:

Hooked it all up, poured some more fluid into the loop, turned the pump on...and the motherfucker leaks. Not out of the connectors, or even out of the exchangeable connector block (well, there too, I think), but out of somewhere on the side of the block itself, meaning there's absolutely no way for me to try fixing it.

Bad o ring? Take it apart and make sure its seated correctly.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

DrDork posted:

Nah, it's leaking from one of the corners near the video ports. After draining it, it looks like some of the fluid was also able to force its way onto the landings between the block and the acrylic top, which shouldn't happen--seems like it just wasn't tightened down enough or something, but there are no screws or anything obviously accessible on the outside I can see that I might try adjusting.

Yeah, if it’s not leaking from terminal area, then the main o ring is bungled most likely. There is a small chance there is a defect in the top or cold plate but doubtful.

https://imgur.com/a/0OeU4jC

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Oregon/Sw Washington people: I have a 3070 Tuf on order at bestbuy from this mornings drop. My coworker doesn't want this after asking me to get him a card. I'll let any of you local people that are going to USE this card and not attempt to resell have it at msrp. I can cancel this order, so its not a huge deal if no one wants it. I'm done getting people cards.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

inferis posted:

how much is it?

:10bux: x 65

John DiFool posted:

I'll take it and promise to use it and not resell it. But I'm in Texas so idk if you want to mess with shipping.

Ehhh...maybe. Let me see if anyone local wants it first. You'd have to cover fees + shipping, but its still a decent deal since we don't have sales tax in Oregon.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Just got an auto notify for RTX 3060 XC GAMING. Seems like they must have a bunch of stock or miners are really actually buying everything.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

Every single time I've gotten a discord notification push the link is already sold out

By auto notify I mean an email to purchase from evga direct.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, if 1200+ is the new price for the 80 series next gen, I’ll be buying a ps6

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

I'll just keep buying every other generation (save for the time I went from a 970 to a 1080Ti which was absolutely no regrets)

That’s what I do as well, but still...

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Just got my EVGA step up queue step 2 email. Almost six months exactly since I signed up...I am at the home stretch for an RTX 3080, and then it will all be mercifully over.

Congrats. I’m about 15 away on the “list”. I just sold my four month old
3090 for a little profit and stuck my 2070s back in since I’m “close” to my step up finally.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The accidental line break here made it sound like you were really, really desperate for a GPU.

We’d be a lot happier if her womb produced 8nm Samsung wafers.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

assuming your friend is right, we're just about getting there

I loving hope so.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I got my evga 3080 step up notification finally. I got in 9/18 at 1300ish eastern. It’s moving now that we’re out of day one.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Hemish posted:

Is the step up queue (to upgrade) different than the normal notification people used to purchase a new card from scratch?

Yeah. Evga allows you to trade in a used evga card within 90 days of purchase for a superior model, but there is a queue. On launch day I saw how bad the situation was going to be so I bought a card from Best Buy to step up.

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Wow the 6700 xt release was total rear end. Amd didn't even add it to their main product page before it was oos and best buy seemed to have very few cards.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

blunt posted:

Over the last couple of days I've started seeing new RTX 2060 cards in stock from reputable retailers for £400, which is about £50 less than the 3060 is going for over here for the 5 seconds a week that it's in stock.

What's the performance difference like on a 2060 Vs 3060 for 1080p gaming? Obviously £400 is a hefty markup over RRP but given the state of the market ATM I'm starting to seriously consider it.

The 2060 super is really close to a 3060. If you need a card, buy it, but if not I’d get a 30 series or the new 6700xt. A 3060ti at msrp is the “budget” card to get so far this generation IMO.

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 19, 2021

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Inept posted:

Didn't you say you were keeping the 3090 from LTT because it'd be bad taste to sell it? lol

Fauxtool is straight up just scalping these days.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Regrettable posted:

Their webstore that requires a 5 step checkout process and goes down for an hour anytime there's a stock update.

Its pretty easy to use paypal to check out on their website (as long as you're not after the 3080) . You just have to know the steps to do it (which are listed in the atr-stonks discord).

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 10, 2021

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Regrettable posted:

I couldn't find it in the Stonks Discord but found a helpful Reddit post.

:tipshat:

!Zotac in chat and it will give you the steps/links

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

https://youtu.be/PSeR8ir3rK0

Bro, I'm gonna fuckin' put hands on you.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

your options are

1. roll the dice with Newegg shuffle
2. Best buy fridays and apparently now thurs
3. Microcenter and wait

0. Learn the ways of Tony Zotac

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Dr. Gaius Baltar posted:

My local Micro Center has sky-high prices - according to their website, $799, $849 or $949 for a Radeon 6700 XT, and $2,100 or $2,500 for a Radeon 6900 XT. Plus tax, and with limited availability, of course. Are these the actual prices, or are they just trying to scare customers away? $949+tax for a 6700 XT is higher than some ebay scalper prices. And that 6900 XT that they're asking $2,500 for, it's going for less than $2,000 on ebay.

Some of the amd aib msrps are stupid high compared to reference.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The amount of cards going to people mining is huge from what I can tell. Go look at some of the stock drop discord’s and there are random people in there with 4+ gpus just mining for something to do. When people at my blue collar job are talking about hash rates, poo poo isn’t normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Hemish posted:

Do you think that buying from another company selling via Amazon means it's not an authorized reseller? I feel it's kind of on the line itself...

Has to be sold directly from amazon and not a reseller or just shipped by amazon.