Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Yeah my display port weirds out to a dumb resolution too on DP some time, same trick is the only thing that works. Happens maybe once every 90 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Just got myself an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, upgraded from a Sapphire 7850 that absolutely refused to overclock for some reason, it would just crash during games if I touched it at all, and already applied a good OC and am amazed at how it is handling things already.

Also got the new Rainbow Six and some free months of Xsplit Broadcaster to try out for Twitch streaming.

It was a completely unmolested Open Box at Microcenter for 270 after rebate but pretax, which Amazon and nearly every one else taxes too.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
STAY THE gently caress AWAY FROM TIGERDIRECT'S ROTTING CORPSE.

I just ordered an EVGA GTX 970 from them on the 16th, and it was stuck in Backorder/not Backorder/To Dropshipper hell until I just went to microcenter and called and told them to gently caress off.

The nice overseas lady said that "that card is out of stock anyway so I doubt you'll receive one but if you do just refuse it!". Well gee, thanks, for letting me know that even though I tried poking reps before and no one made it sound like it was "never going to ship anyway because we are out of them."

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
So 2 weeks ago I bought an Asus DUAL-RTX2070S-O8G-EVO

Last night it seemingly croaked mid game, tried 2 different PSUs and the system cannot even start to boot with it plugged in, yet works fine with my old 970.

Trying to start the RMA process I get told my SN (UNDEFINED) already has an RMA number (UNDEFINED)

Great start.