Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop
Anecdote: I recently got the EVGA 970 FTW, as I had read it had slight tweaks to the ACX cooler to make it not lovely.

Aside from some loud whining when leaving my frame rate uncapped on World of Warcraft's character select screen, I've had no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop

Fajita Fiesta posted:

Is anyone else struggling to get >40fps in Heroes of the Storm with a 970? Even when I put the settings on normal. It's only 1080p :(

I average ~80 and dip down to 30-40 in team fights on a 2700K and 970, on high settings. I don't think it's very well optimized, and this closed beta patch is actually worse than most alpha patches.