Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

balakadaka
Jun 30, 2005

robot terrorists WILL kill you

Factory Factory posted:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

--

In other news, AnandTech will have an article on Nvidia GeForce Grid later today. It's, well, cloud-based gaming, like OnLive. The idea is to run PC games at full details in a server farm and pipe I/O to any device - console, PC, Mac, tablet, etc.

This is the future, and I'm glad I'm around to see it. The ability to buy gaming performance like I'd buy web hosting is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balakadaka
Jun 30, 2005

HalloKitty posted:

What's old is new. Dumb terminals.

That said, this is a no-no for anything but very slow paced gaming. I also do NOT want to see compression artifacts all over my screen.. but my internet connection is too shite to consider this anyway.

My post is full of hyperbole, but I mean in a 'this will be cool in 5-10 years' way. I don't want to buy Nvidia's cloud gaming service next Tuesday, as it'd be horrendous with the residential bandwidth the US has

balakadaka
Jun 30, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

R9-270 = 7850
R9-270X = 7870
R9-280 = 7950
R9-280X = 7970

Way to go with the rebrands, AMD.

So by this metric, what is the R9-285? My impression is that it's new silicon and not just a rebrand, but I'm not sure if that's true

balakadaka
Jun 30, 2005

Is there a GTX 970 shortage going on?

I'm pricing them out, and everything is $20-30 more than back in November, and EVGA doesn't even list it in their B-stock.