Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Agreed posted:

Is usually the result of not enough voltage or too much heat. It's a full driver reset and usually means a protection measure kicked in.
Another fix is turning off your browser. It seems that leaving any browser on for an hour or so and shutting off every other minute, means you need to exit out. It is temporary, but it seemed to fix itself at some point. This bug is about ten years old or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is the 660ti fan (I assume) supposed to make a weird sounding interrupted buzz when BOINC is running? I never saw this kind of fan before and it is a little louder than my 560ti. I don't mind the noise too much and it has been running for more than 20 minutes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The noisy card might have been getting used to being on all the time. It very occasionally made that buzzing sound, but it seems to be as quiet as my 560ti. Just getting used to that new card smell.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

McCoy Pauley posted:

Which 660ti did you get? I'm looking into those myself for a PC I'm building, and between the various models offered by the manufacturers I'm looking at (EVGA, ASUS, and Zotac), my head is spinning with the various options.
The EVGA is all kinds of fun over the 560ti. Just about any game runs in the triple digits at full settings on 1920X1200. Fan looks ridiculous.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

http://www.amazon.com/HP-SH886A-Tesla-2070-Graphic/dp/B0045FCFV8/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1356386260&sr=1-5

I was looking at something for a friend and this got my attention. Can someone tell what this is and why I see window blinds? Is this the future of card design?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

spasticColon posted:

The EVGA 660Ti I got for my HDTV rig makes this humming sound regardless of GPU load or fan speed so I'm assuming its the fan motor but should I be worried? The card is running great so far but it gets a bit warm and noisy under load but that's par for the course with the stock/reference cooler.
I freaked out when I heard that noise. I adjusted to it since other things around me are much louder.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

zer0spunk posted:

At least this stops the 50 dollar markup everyone has on the 980. I don't know that I'd spring for the extra 150 for 30% more performance in a ti model..I haven't had anything stress it at 2650x1600/60 so far.

I wonder what the next series is named..1080?
Please be One.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Chinese companies finding excuses to raise prices of goods? Never heard that one before.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would have liked to see how China would react if we simply cut all trade with China and end the 600 Billion dollar and growing trade deficit we have with them each year for decades. Making them have to work out a better deal that doesn't involve giving away parts of the country to them each year because they got favored trading status, is an improvement.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Stickman posted:

It does seem like wishful thinking after manufacturers and retailers got a taste of the gas station model during the bitcoin fiasco.

Trade deficits aren't "losing" and trade surpluses aren't "winning" (nor vice versa), even ignoring the massive over-counting going on the trade deficit numbers. Suddenly eliminating all trade would definitely be very very losing - for everyone.
Having one-sided trade deficits going this poorly are why we got out of NAFTA and renegotiated.

cowofwar posted:

That would be economic suicide. American companies can’t just buy their poo poo from Jed down the road when there is no longer any manufacturing capacity in America of most of the things imported.
You do know there are other countries we can trade with?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 1, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Deviant posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
Getting mine tomorrow. Miles inside the state.
Can't wait to see how Serious Sam 4 makes it poo poo itself when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I knew about this, but for some reason, it was turned off and set to some weird number. The computer doesn't feel so sluggish after turning it on. A shame the RAM sticks are old and dying or I might be able to get another year out of it.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 7, 2018