Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I need figures of pretty much every summon in their WoFF form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
In WoFF chapter 5 Yuna riding Valefor in battle was super neat :dance:

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

bloodychill posted:

In WoFF chapter 5 Yuna riding Valefor in battle was super neat :dance:

:yeah: just reached that part. I wish I could have another stack, but enjoying it otherwise.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just got access to the Coliseum in WoFF so now I finally have access to L sized Mirages and am Joyriding around in style in pretty Magitek Armors. The game is pretty fun so far.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I've never played ff9 before is the version on steam the one to play? or is there a better one out there

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

whalestory posted:

I've never played ff9 before is the version on steam the one to play? or is there a better one out there

It's pretty much the best version, yes. Unless you really value portability with jRPGs like I do.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Thank you :) i will dl and have a look

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I should mention:

Once you finish WoFF you'll unlock some (kinda meh) bonus dungeons and once you reach that point you're allowed to swap L&R out of your party if you end up wanting a party entirely of monster-stack instead.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

whalestory posted:

The steam version is great. I'm playing it currently. The character models look sharp and the FMVs are crisper too.

It's great playing it on my TV via steamlink as well.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

I should mention:

Once you finish WoFF you'll unlock some (kinda meh) bonus dungeons and once you reach that point you're allowed to swap L&R out of your party if you end up wanting a party entirely of monster-stack instead.

That would be nice, being stuck with them is kind of a drag.

I just got into a surprise battle in the coliseum with Ifrit and Shiva and I only managed to win by capturing Ifrit and slowly whittling down Shiva's HP since I didn't have the spell to capture her.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

bloodychill posted:

I think this is an extremely lovely way to look at it because it implies that a rag tag bunch of people with mental problems can't be the heroes. Which they are.

Zack is not the "real hero." He's a hero who died. Cloud fakes it til he makes only he doesn't know he's faking it and making it means having a mental breakdown and incorporating all aspects of himself.

I wasn't implying they couldn't be? There are a lot of fictional heroes who have severe mental health issues out there. But at the same time, Cloud's group are really ineffectual and are most certainly not heroes until Cloud and Tifa have their revelations in the Lifestream and finally become comfortable with who they really are with Tifa being less codependent with Cloud and Cloud finally stepping out of Zack's shadow and it's only really then that they start having their poo poo together and actually start being heroes.

Despite how awful ShinRa are, the protagonists are terrorists and have committed major acts of terrorism and killed many innocent people as a result of that, even if it was for the so-called greater good which is doubtful since even Barrett admitted later on in the game that destroying the reactors didn't really help much with anything in the long-term and was just an excuse to vent his anger towards ShinRa and also himself over his failure with Dyne and his village, he was lashing out. That isn't healthy. And it sure as hell isn't heroic either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently Square just started dropping emails to tell people the charge for ultimate editions is coming soon and people who don't have the money when it comes are getting orders cancelled.

The date in question is in three days, btw.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

World of Final Fantasy just hurt me pretty badly. Forgot the number of the chapter but late teens.

Vivi's possibly my favorite character across the games and the Black Mages are some of my absolute favorite designs in the whole series so when the game told me to catch Vivi and it didn't work I was heartbroken. I couldn't even invite one of his buddies to tag along :smith:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I wasn't implying they couldn't be? There are a lot of fictional heroes who have severe mental health issues out there. But at the same time, Cloud's group are really ineffectual and are most certainly not heroes until Cloud and Tifa have their revelations in the Lifestream and finally become comfortable with who they really are with Tifa being less codependent with Cloud and Cloud finally stepping out of Zack's shadow and it's only really then that they start having their poo poo together and actually start being heroes.

Despite how awful ShinRa are, the protagonists are terrorists and have committed major acts of terrorism and killed many innocent people as a result of that, even if it was for the so-called greater good which is doubtful since even Barrett admitted later on in the game that destroying the reactors didn't really help much with anything in the long-term and was just an excuse to vent his anger towards ShinRa and also himself over his failure with Dyne and his village, he was lashing out. That isn't healthy. And it sure as hell isn't heroic either.

You're right, I came off a fit harsh there. The cast of FF7 certainly don't start off heroic, Cloud's confrontation with Sephiroth aside. They do heroic things occasionally and their cause against Shinra is justified even if their actions are not. I think a big part of the appeal of the game is that each of the characters are nobodies, failures, and outsiders and each in their own way overcome their personal failings to step up when the time for heroics is needed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Guys.

FF13 Versus is finally coming out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still a month left yet.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

bloodychill posted:

I think this is an extremely lovely way to look at it because it implies that a rag tag bunch of people with mental problems can't be the heroes. Which they are.

Zack is not the "real hero." He's a hero who died. Cloud fakes it til he makes only he doesn't know he's faking it and making it means having a mental breakdown and incorporating all aspects of himself.

When people say this they really mean traditional. Zack is the gung-ho, Snow, "Heroes never die!" type and Aeris is the last descendant of an ancient mystical species. That's the tradition, but 7 avoids it by killing the two of them off. That's not to say the others aren't real heroes, just not traditional.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm proud to say that I'm one of the people who (probably) outlived FFXV development

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mega64 posted:

Guys.

Lol you just jinxed it. ADD ANOTHER MONTH TO THE COUNTDOWN.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the people who (probably) outlived FFXV development

So you'd think *unsheaths katana*

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mega64 posted:

Guys.

Pretty crazy, but even crazier is that it might actually be good. :pray:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bloodychill posted:

That would be nice, being stuck with them is kind of a drag.

I just got into a surprise battle in the coliseum with Ifrit and Shiva and I only managed to win by capturing Ifrit and slowly whittling down Shiva's HP since I didn't have the spell to capture her.

Go to the mart and buy a few of every element/debuff/buff consumable you can, it makes hitting prismtunities for random poo poo that comes up much easier.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

After you do Warrior of Light's second intervention mission thing in the Tea Room in WoFF, it turns out you can go to the area just outside Cornelia and find the Goblin Princess standing there. You can talk to her and opt into a fight you pretty much have no shot of winning that early, but if you know what her prismtunity condition is (it's blinding her), then you can win the battle that way and get a shitload of EXP for your whole party. Most of my characters went from around level 15 to 18-19.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

After you do Warrior of Light's second intervention mission thing in the Tea Room in WoFF, it turns out you can go to the area just outside Cornelia and find the Goblin Princess standing there. You can talk to her and opt into a fight you pretty much have no shot of winning that early, but if you know what her prismtunity condition is (it's blinding her), then you can win the battle that way and get a shitload of EXP for your whole party. Most of my characters went from around level 15 to 18-19.

This is true for a couple of the Interventions. The Undead Princess is another one, she'll just be waiting there to be captured.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ImpAtom posted:

This is true for a couple of the Interventions. The Undead Princess is another one, she'll just be waiting there to be captured.

That one won't fight me for some reason, instead continuing on with her new job when I talk to her.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress all these mandatory minigame interventions in Chapter 21. You can skip playing them, but some rewards are locked behind doing them successfully and/or meeting certain conditions.

The Figaro lovely-Battleship one: you need to clear it in less than 20 turns without losing a single ally to unlock Maduin's memento for Titan. It might only count for the first attempt because I've definitely done it on a post-completion run, but it didn't unlock the memento.

:shepicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That one won't fight me for some reason, instead continuing on with her new job when I talk to her.

There's another intervention featuring her afterwards which you may need to complete.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

I should mention:

This is the best news.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is the best news.

Yeah, stupid humans. I wish I could bench them and/or get a 3rd stack. I want to use way too many monsters.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone playing WoFF on Vita? My impulse Amazon order got sent to the wrong state for 3-4 days and now I'm debating even opening it. If it's chuggy and slow I'll probably just grab it for PS4 down the line (though I'd really rather play it on Vita if the port is OK).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Huxley posted:

Anyone playing WoFF on Vita? My impulse Amazon order got sent to the wrong state for 3-4 days and now I'm debating even opening it. If it's chuggy and slow I'll probably just grab it for PS4 down the line (though I'd really rather play it on Vita if the port is OK).

I haven't played the vita version but apparently the performance is pretty bad.

It works really well using remote play though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help I'm running out of S sized monsters to level up and they're all becoming L sized.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Help I'm running out of S sized monsters to level up and they're all becoming L sized.

Honestly, no reason not to keep them in their S-sized state. You can still level up their larger forms and some monsters excel at being S-sized. I particularly like the Searcher Eye tree. Their best mirage board is Death Eye which gets you Death which is a fantastic spell for just wiping out inconvenient hp-sack enemies.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, no reason not to keep them in their S-sized state. You can still level up their larger forms and some monsters excel at being S-sized. I particularly like the Searcher Eye tree. Their best mirage board is Death Eye which gets you Death which is a fantastic spell for just wiping out inconvenient hp-sack enemies.

Yeah, I noticed that my Muppet Baby Ramuh doesn't have a meaningful change to his stats when you swap him to the M size Mirage, and I assume based on my experience with other monsters that he would still be able to use stuff from the M sized board if I pay the points to unlock it, so I left him in tiny Black Mage form for now.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah, I noticed that my Muppet Baby Ramuh doesn't have a meaningful change to his stats when you swap him to the M size Mirage, and I assume based on my experience with other monsters that he would still be able to use stuff from the M sized board if I pay the points to unlock it, so I left him in tiny Black Mage form for now.

Only abilities in green on the ability list or those with white brackets around them on the sphere grid are only usable in that form.

Something I wish I had done earlier in this game for people who are still pretty early on, as soon as you have Smash (the M sized Copper Gnomes from the nebula) and Flutter (Moogles), go back to the Nebula near the end where you fought Ifrit/Ramuh/Shiva. Smash the rock, fly over the gap, and enter the secret area. All 3 of the summon babies are rare spawns here and all 3 are awesome to have for most of the game. Might take you a while to get them but its good xp grinding. This will give you coverage of Sizzle, Chill, and Zap for future dungeons as well as giving you a basic ability that is attack all for respective elements for 5AP. Changing these 3 between S and M forms should give you a ton of flexibility for a long time.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Nephzinho posted:

Only abilities in green on the ability list or those with white brackets around them on the sphere grid are only usable in that form.

Something I wish I had done earlier in this game for people who are still pretty early on, as soon as you have Smash (the M sized Copper Gnomes from the nebula) and Flutter (Moogles), go back to the Nebula near the end where you fought Ifrit/Ramuh/Shiva. Smash the rock, fly over the gap, and enter the secret area. All 3 of the summon babies are rare spawns here and all 3 are awesome to have for most of the game. Might take you a while to get them but its good xp grinding. This will give you coverage of Sizzle, Chill, and Zap for future dungeons as well as giving you a basic ability that is attack all for respective elements for 5AP. Changing these 3 between S and M forms should give you a ton of flexibility for a long time.

I see, that makes a lot of sense. Also thanks for the heads up on that rare spawn area, I think I'll go check that out as soon as I boot the game back up.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Huxley posted:

It's chuggy fairly often while running around the field, but honestly it's absolutely fine in battles and cutscenes and the load times are actually faster than PS4. If you're the type to freak out about 20FPS towns maybe skip it, but my copy just arrived and I played four hours straight and had a fuckin awesome time so I say go for it :)

Also, never preorder games, etc., but I just grabbed my preorder Glow Moogle guy and he's adorable! When can I use chibi Sephiroth, I'm giddy with anticipation to see that lil guy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I see, that makes a lot of sense. Also thanks for the heads up on that rare spawn area, I think I'll go check that out as soon as I boot the game back up.

Emphasis on rare. I spent a real long time there before I got the fire one. :negative:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Emphasis on rare. I spent a real long time there before I got the fire one. :negative:

I'm seeing what you mean. I've made like 15k worth of gil down here and have yet to see any of the three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renoistic posted:

EDIT: Fair warning. If you are one of those people who hated the final battle in Man of Steel you might want to avoid this movie.

Yeah I just watched Kingsglaive and I'm a bit out of words.