Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Hey can we talk about how rainbow pukingly cute the credits sequence for World of Final Fantasy is because it's been a couple months now since I played that game and I still can't get over it

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
uhhh supposedly using a soul spring on chac in x-2 prevents it from using heaven's cataract by draining all its MP

did they change it in the console version then redo it costing the boss no mp for the pc version? because it sure is hell is casting it at no MP

also why, in one of like 5 times in the game I would bother using status effect blocking equipment does her break attack cut through it

i hate x-2

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
hey btw gaiz ff15 will continue deving into 2019 probs im super tired so thats it go look it up urself to now mor

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Gologle posted:

hey btw gaiz ff15 will continue deving into 2019 probs im super tired so thats it go look it up urself to now mor

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/966770081727483904 I gotchu

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gotcha, wait until 2020 to buy.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I know they couldn't just keep cloning David Bowie, but lmao Ardyn is Bob Dylan

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Do any of these DLCs have a female protagonist at all, or did the FFXV dev team just forget to do that?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Do any of these DLCs have a female protagonist at all, or did the FFXV dev team just forget to do that?

I'm sure we'll get an episode with that dragoon chick.

As for everyone refusing to play the game until they stop updating it, life is short. Play the game whenever you want. I played it at launch and felt I got more than my money's worth out of it. Then if you want more of it, there will be more of it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Life is short" sounds like a really strong argument for not playing it at all tbh.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

All I'm saying is if you're interested in the game, just play the drat thing. I don't understand the need to not touch something until the devs stop supporting it or whatever.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If one of those DLCs aren't Episode Aranea, I don't care how long after the purchase it takes, I'm going to demand a refund.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man nurse posted:

All I'm saying is if you're interested in the game, just play the drat thing. I don't understand the need to not touch something until the devs stop supporting it or whatever.

because you want to see all the content the devs made for the game but you know you won't care enough long-term to come back to it every 4-6 months

seems p. easy to understand to me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ah so add

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Brother Entropy posted:

because you want to see all the content the devs made for the game but you know you won't care enough long-term to come back to it every 4-6 months

seems p. easy to understand to me

Well, the Episode DLCs are all completely standalone, so play through the game either now or in a month when the Royal Edition comes out, then play the episodes when they come out.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The Royal Edition will be feature complete. The unreleased DLC will probably be neat but not necessary.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Renoistic posted:

The Royal Edition will be feature complete. The unreleased DLC will probably be neat but not necessary.

Uh my uncle at SE told me that the 4th DLC will be the entire original FFXV when it was still caled versus

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The upcoming Episodes are
Episode Ardyn
Episode Jared
Episode Cindymobile
Episode Dino and da big-rear end boiyd

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I waited probably like 8 years for Square to remaster FFXII (I did play the original to death tho)

Sometimes the wait is worth it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was originally assuming one of the DLCs would be an alternate ending but Episode Ignis already did that so v:shobon:v

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I feel like people have been asking for more aranea since the game game out day 1, I’d be surprised if they didn’t do stuff with her for dlc.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Toriyama keeps sneaking in and deleting all of the Episode Aranea files, screaming about how no one will surpass Lightning-sama

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I just want that area near the end fleshed out.

You know which one I mean.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like people have been asking for more aranea since the game game out day 1, I’d be surprised if they didn’t do stuff with her for dlc.

And yet the first character who gets DLC after the main party is some Bob Dylan motherfucker who has no name or face recognition outside of people who've played the game. I'm a master at knowing things about games I haven't played but even I don't know who this guy is.

I feel like if they knew the power of Aranea, the second DLC batch would've led with her. At best, I'm suspecting that the extra DLC they're extending things for is Aranea's because they didn't expect people to want that, but more realistically I'm expecting them to have neglected that ace in their sleeve.

In short, I don't have high hopes for FFXV and its relationship with women to improve.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cleretic posted:

And yet the first character who gets DLC after the main party is some Bob Dylan motherfucker who has no name or face recognition outside of people who've played the game. I'm a master at knowing things about games I haven't played but even I don't know who this guy is.

He's the main villain, so

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

I definitely spent more time fighting the controls than him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

I definitely spent more time fighting the controls than him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF 15 controlled fine so

This

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Oxxidation posted:

He needs a better publicist, he has no market penetration.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

He needs a better publicist, he has no market penetration.

He shows up all the time. He's in the movie. He literally appeared in Assassin's Creed Origin. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who didn't recognize him who cares remotely about FFXV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure a game that sold like five million copies in the first week will get over someone who hadn't played it not recognising a character.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Haven't played the game, can confirm I know who he is and the Dragoon lady seems cool but I'd never heard of her before today

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Haven't played the game, can confirm I know who he is and the Dragoon lady seems cool but I'd never heard of her before today

Her last name is highwind, like every other dragoon in the series not named Freya Crescent.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

seiferguy posted:

Her last name is highwind, like every other dragoon in the series not named Freya Crescent.

Ward Zabac, Kimahri Ronso, Mog McAwesome

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ward can't even use Jump. That's the only thing Dragoons are good or notable for.

Also can't forget Edgar.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Edgar Figaro

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Ward can't even use Jump. That's the only thing Dragoons are good or notable for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lml20e1XH10

:colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

He shows up all the time. He's in the movie. He literally appeared in Assassin's Creed Origin. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who didn't recognize him who cares remotely about FFXV.

i don't know him and i haven't been this pumped to play a final fantasy game since i was thirteen (provided, i haven't seen the movie yet, but i'll watch it as the release date draws near)

he looks like if yoshitaka amano was allowed to design a doctor who lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ward throws a harpoon, not a lance. Kimahri is more blue mage than dragoon (though he can jump, I'll give you that), and Mog is a dancer that still needs accessories to jump, same as Edgar (a machinist).

The one true person I forgot was Estinien, but he's not a playable character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I stand corrected.

I don't think I've ever seen Ward's Limit Break in all my playthroughs of FFVIII.