Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Was I supposed to be pulling the destruction spheres back out after getting the treasure? I just tried it when I did the Djose temple the other day and didn't seem to get an option..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Golden Lumber posted:

Alright so I reloaded a save before crawler and went back to get the sphere in Besaid. Any other things I should get that get blocked by dark aeons?

Doflamingo posted:

I think I'm getting close to this point, is there a list of all the stuff I need to go back and get?

I put together this list of stuff to grab before I did the backtracking.. I'm pretty sure it's all the 'major' stuff.

code:
Macalania Woods:
-Jecht Sphere (Woods South)

Thunder Plains:
-Jecht Sphere (South (East Area))

Moonflow:
-Sign Miyu (Defender) (North Wharf)
-Jecht Sphere (South Wharf)

Djose Temple: 
-Sign Kyou (Defender) (Left Bridge)

Mushroom Rock Road:
-Jecht Sphere (Precipice by Elevator)

Mi'ihen Highroad:
-Jecht Sphere (Southernmost End of Old Road)

Mi'ihen Agency:
-Sign Ropp (MF/Defender)

Luca:
-Sign Wedge (Near Stadium (Forward))
-Sign Jumal (Near Fountain (GK))
-Jecht Sphere (Stadium Basement (Outside Auroch's Locker Room))

S.S. Liki:
-Jecht Sphere (Bridge)

Besaid Village:
-Jecht Sphere (Near Temple)
-Valefor's Second Limit (Talk to Shopkeep girl, then talk to Dog in NE Residence)

baram. fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 11, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

The Jecht Spheres are nice to get Auron his other Overdrives much earlier but I wouldn't really call anything you backtrack for super important. Making sure you get all the Destruction Sphere chests on your storyline visits to the temple is bigger.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Why was FFVII EU thought of negatively?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Levantine posted:

Are the streaming services actually lucrative in some way? I took one look at PSNow and said gently caress Off. I'd rather just buy and play games, not rent them at some absurd premium.

My PS3 broke awhile ago and it allows me to play some games I missed without shelling out for a new console.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like someone took some FFL code and gave it new paint.

Which would be about right for a BYOND game.

That's the same exact thing I thought when I read that. Can't bring myself to install byond nowadays to see if that's the case though.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nexon is involved it's gonna be hot garbage

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

The first event giving Sephiroth and Tifa in FFRK is going live today at 6 PST.
It also has the opportunity to drop a Greater Summoning Orb which is a requirement for late game summons.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Event%20Info

My team is nearing 30 and I still can't get through the Hard mode. got level 10 4* axes on Kain and Tyro and Cloud has a synergy bonus level 10 3*. Got to the last stage and had a Behemoth finally Meteor me. :argh:

baram. fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 31, 2015

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the big plot twist was that you were in an mmo for the first 90% of the game

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

final fantasy record keeper is genuinely the worst ff game. it renamed ultros back to orthros.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

FF4 Complete on PSP is the best version.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Zombie Samurai posted:

So The After Years is now on Steam. I think I missed most of the discussion on it, and having just finished FFIV I'm curious. What exactly is so bad about it?

it's not the psp version. it's hideous. the story sucks. it looks like a phone ui.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

you can get energy blast your first time there

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Eh, gently caress it. Playing FFX HD on PS4 right now. Don't own a PS3 or a Vita. It has been 10 years since I've played FFX, which I liked a lot, and I figure I need to use my Bloodborne machine for something other than Bloodborne. Appreciate the list of missables.

if you plan to do the backtracking to get stuff i cobbled together a little guide. you do it after killing the slime thing in the woods.

code:
Macalania Woods:
-Jecht Sphere (Woods South)

Thunder Plains:
-Jecht Sphere (South (East Area))

Moonflow:
-Sign Miyu (Defender) (North Wharf)
-Jecht Sphere (South Wharf)

Djose Temple: 
-Sign Kyou (Defender) (Left Bridge)

Mushroom Rock Road:
-Jecht Sphere (Precipice by Elevator)

Mi'ihen Highroad:
-Jecht Sphere (Southernmost End of Old Road)

Mi'ihen Agency:
-Sign Ropp (MF/Defender)

Luca:
-Sign Wedge (Near Stadium (Forward))
-Sign Jumal (Near Fountain (GK))
-Jecht Sphere (Stadium Basement (Outside Auroch's Locker Room))

S.S. Liki:
-Jecht Sphere (Bridge)

Besaid Village:
-Jecht Sphere (Near Temple)
-Valefor's Second Limit (Talk to Shopkeep girl, then talk to Dog in NE Residence)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Vil posted:

Good list overall, except for the very last point, which shouldn't be on a backtracking list except in a sense of "in case you missed it earlier". Get Valefor's second overdrive before leaving the island the very first time, so you actually have it during the part of the game where Valefor is most likely to see any action in the first place. Makes the first Belgemine fight a (bigger) breeze.

yeah that's the reason I left it on there.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

yeah the remastered faces in x are creepy.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

cloud in a dress is the cutest female lead.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i like my favorite ff because you learn skills from party members

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

corn in the bible posted:

that's because the animations are tied to the fps, so they can speed battles up just by raising the fps

also i sold a foil after years card for ten bucks, so that's cool

i feel like i'm the only person who actually bought the after years port, so i'll write up some reactions later if you're interested

its bad

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Evil Fluffy posted:

If FF4+TAY on iOS was the PSP version I'd have bought them but the DS's 3d models are ugly as gently caress and the voice acting is something I could've done without. To say nothing of augments or their retarded limited-use NG+ system.

Would Tactics Ogre work on one as well? I want to play the PSP version, though I also want to mod the crafting system to not be a loving nightmare. The latter is important because the current LP makes it look like the worst loving time sink.
thing.

agreed about that 3d remake.

the PSP remake of Tactics Ogre works fine on PS TV but I doubt the latter is possible.. as far as I know you can't really do anything custom with the software on them since they're basically a Vita.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

where the heck does paine come from

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

they made that ds version and even added some lovely bonus storyline

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Fister Roboto posted:

When you do damage to Tantarian, it adds that amount to the page counter, and it loops back to 0 when you exceed 255. Tantarian is between pages 150 and 200. Spare Change does fixed damage, so if you get the right amount it will always get the right page.

:aaaaa:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Excels posted:

What hurdles would they have to jump through to get a Steam port?

Remaking the game because rumor is the source is long gone.

In Training posted:

You can't just put an emulation up for sale.

Worked for the PS1 releases of SNES games.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

How long does it take to gather all that stuff up?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Vil posted:

I would buy it pending such a mod. Until then I'll keep happily playing the GBA version.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually it's by far the best version of the game.

nah. that's by far 4 complete on psp which doesn't look and play like hot garbage.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Excels posted:

didn't FF3 DS get a positive reception though? I recall people being pretty happy with it at the time.

the final boss could kill you before you get a turn if you get bad rng. then you get to do the whole final dungeon again.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

rip ff7r

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Unlock more of the sidequests the more main episodes you pre-order!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/382900/

FF6 coming to steam the 16th.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

epitasis posted:

mobile version. no fuckin buys burn it down

uhh it clearly says the menus and atb were optimized for fluidity on pc.. you can't just go around throwing out words like mobile man.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Wooze posted:

Lightning returned an hour early.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345350/

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's genesis

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also, if anybody needs some enticement to come back, the next primal fight is going to be this guy:

whats wrong with those graphics

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ff4ds looks like garbage. i suggest playing ff4 complete collection on psp if you have the means. it has character switching like gba but is also gorgeous.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

widespread posted:

Man, I really want to ask about if grinding out Sephiroth's Quest To Murder Shiva is the only way to get Jenova Cells for his suit.

what?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

corn in the bible posted:

No no kuni is bad right

its ok but gets worse the further you get.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

psp is best because it doesnt look like garbage, has a bunch of added features and doesn't lock things out behind new game+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

x2 had the best battle system for a final fantasy and one of the best job systems in a jrpg.

play it!