Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

alcharagia posted:

I liked Kimahri.

In the HD version.

Same here. If you take him down Rikku's sphere grid he gets Steal/Use almost immediately which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Has anyone ever done the FFX lightning dodging mini game legit? I've only ever done it on an emulator abusing save states, but I'd like to know if anyone is masochistic enough to do it properly. It always bothers me a little bit since that's the only thing stopping me from getting 100%.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

There's a spot on the lightning plains where you can trigger a lightning bolt, so you can just keep dodging that same lightning strike over and over

I guess that doesn't count as doing it legit but it doesn't require save states or anything

This is good enough for me, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does the FFX/X-2 HD have the dark aeons and whatever other secret stuff was left out of the normal game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool, I never got to experience any of that. Is it worth doing?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just did the Lady Yunalesca fight in FFX. I forgot that was really the only difficult fight in the main story line. Everything to that point was cake. The fight probably took close to a half hour, because I hadn't really grinded at all (No Hastega/Holy/etc), and I forgot all about the reflect/zombie/etc aspects of the fight.

Was definitely satisfying when she dropped though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the boss fight the weird elephant thing is also a bit of a pain

Which boss is this? The at the start of Zanarkand after you kill Seymour?