Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's good then. Has the AI gotten any better at things like "hey group A is almost dead, group B has a shitload of healers.. they don't want to heal group A though" or is that still just as bad?

It's slightly better in that you can do the "Cure them even if it kills them" option but I remember that on quite a number occasions when one union was dead and the another union that could revive them was practically standing on their bodies but wouldn't because the revive option wouldn't show up no matter what you did. It was one of the things that put me off the game, along with the crafting system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

This reminds way too much of that Simpsons Halloween episode where Homer gets transported to our world. Makes about as much sense too.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The only things I remember about the FF5 anime sequel was that Cid and Mid were brutally murdered, Cid's brain was stolen by the movie's villians for reasons I can't remember and Mid spends like 100 years as a ghost before meeting up with the new heroes.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

FFXV will be much better if it doesn't have any dialogue in it whatsoever IMO.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Techno FF7 is decent.
The FF8 remix one sounds like something that would play during the opening credits of a buddy cop show from the 80's.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The best version of FF3 is FF14. :colbert:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Chapter 1 will end just as Cloud enters the Honeybee Inn. :v:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Harrow posted:

Jumping right into the deep end of :psyduck: sounds kind of fun. I'm in.

I'm already spoiled on a lot of the weird mythology stuff that got filled in with XIII-2 and some of LR, and oh man, this little mini-series's mythology is such a glorious clusterfuck I can't help but love it a little bit.

You could always look at this video if you want to skip ahead to LR.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Is this that game that nerds were complaining about because the main guy was showing too much skin? And it looks like you get two annoying sidekicks for the price of one.

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 14, 2016

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I think they should make a Chocobo Racing sequel. Or bring back Rad Racer.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Chrono Break it is, then.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I think the only Chrono game they should remake is Anachronox.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

But they're not white, they're anime.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

*Note actual Regalia does not fly.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Should've called her Mid.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I remember having problems with Bhunivelse too. I think it was mostly down to me not having a schemata that would do lots of staggering quickly though.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Who's the more powerful grandpa, Tellah or Galuf?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I've been playing Mobius on Steam. It's not very good. I'm just playing through the FFVII Remake event. It's ok but some of the characters go through some serious uncanny valley poo poo. Wedge looks especially weird.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's impossible to lose the fight after jecht, that's more a glorified cutscene then a boss fight

therefore jecht is the final boss

I actually had a little trouble with the fight after Jecht the first time I played it because I didn't have anything on hand to counteract the full cure it casts every turn. Then I decided to use Zombie that Lulu had on one of her weapons. :downsgun:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

XIII could have benefited from a NG+ mode that allowed you to skip the forced tutorials and allowed you to have three party members from the beginning.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Which is why I said NG+, preferably with a hard mode.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Attitude Indicator posted:

I always thought it was strange that they named Costa del Sol what they did. Is there any other place in the series that's named after a real location?

It may have just been in the English translation but if you can buy Korean BBQ plate at the Wall Market Diner.
And then there's the world map of Earth in the background of Winhill.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Catberry posted:

How did he get in there? Did he then leave the lifestream to kill president Shinra only to travel by foot Through Junon and then to the northern crater again?

Cloud threw him into the Lifestream at the Nibelheim reactor.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Catberry posted:

What happened after that? The whole village was dead. Did Cloud as a grunt carry her somewhere and then leave? Did he actually ever join SOLDIER? What have they been doing for 5 years?

Her martial arts teacher Zangan survived, and got her out of Nibelheim before Shinra showed up. Cloud and Zack got captured by Shinra and were experimented upon by Hojo. They eventually escape but Zack dies in the procress. The experimentation, along with the guilt and shame Cloud has been feeling causes him to have a break and create a new personality based on Zack. He never joined SOLDIER for real.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Renoistic posted:

I just want to state for the record that I love the story of FF7 and I don't think S-E will ever match it. It's a lightning in a bottle situation. It's the perfect blend of genuinely inspired storytelling, Japanese craziness and haphazard English translation.

Just imagine the flashback scene in Kalm. It has an unreliable narrator, AND an unreliable listener (Tifa). It creates so many questions that people discuss it to this day. This without ever falling into a pit of incoherence like the Kingdom Heart series. I try to imagine that same scene recreated by modern S-E with 'realistic' models and voice actors, and I just can't see them pulling it off.

There's also a lot of scenes that worked okay with the old graphics but won't work with realistic graphics. The Honey Bee Inn and the part at the Temple of The Ancients where Cloud beats up Aeris are just two I can think of off the top of my head. Not sure how they're going to handle those.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I seem to vaguely recall there being an official timeline published by SE for the FFT/XII games but I can't be arsed to find it.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I wonder what Chrono Break would've been like.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So there's going to be a demo of FFXV on Steam on Monday. There's also some Half-Life skin as a prepurchase bonus.
Oh, and apparently the game is between 100-155 Gb in size. :suicide:
https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-15-gets-free-demo-next-week-limited-time-half-life-crossover-on-steam/

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I'm in chapter 9 of FFXV, just about to get on the boat to Altissa, and I was wondering what DLC, if any, I can now play? I know Episode Ignis shouldn't be played until after the main game but what about the other three? And do you get any items from them that can be transferred over the main game?
Also is there a way to delete all your photos at once?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I have hung onto my photos. I'm playing it on the PC so I've backed them up and using a program called Prompty to convert them into jpegs. I just wanted to make room for new ones.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I've played through the main game of FFXV and I'm slightly confused by the ending. Specifically the part that shows Luna and Noctis on what appears to be their coronation. Aren't they dead? Is this their afterlife we're seeing?
Also I feel like I missed out on a couple of plot elements somehow. I assume the DLC covers some of those?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I've been playing Comrades. It's ok even if it's a bit dead and the AI members are useless on certain missions.
How do you name your character though? I'm playing it on the pc with an xbox controller and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I had the same problem with naming the chocobo in the main game.
And what happens if you overlevel a weapon while trying to remodel it? Does it just prevent you from remodeling it if you didn't raise the required stats enough?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Tibeerius posted:

From a while back, but...

Not sure what's going on with your character naming, but as for the bolded bit... you are correct. If you don't fill all of a weapon's "bars" (whether they be stat bars or experience bars), the weapon will not remodel upon maxing out the experience bar. Thus, the best way to improve your weapons is to upgrade them using materials that provide the largest amount of stats for the least amount of experience.

I highly recommend using this cheat sheet to help along your Comrades experience. It includes a list of the most efficient materials, and much, much more. I found it very useful.

Cool. I also read that if you level a weapon above 50 you can dismantle it for parts but I didn't see any option for that when I levelled one weapon above 50?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

What if I've already played FF15 and kinda want to try the chibi version

The first chapter of the mobile version was free, maybe it's the same with the port?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I still think Aerith is the right one to die in that game, because she's the one outside of Cloud that you'd most think wouldn't, for both story and gameplay reasons; she's clearly heavily important to the main plot and has ongoing subplots at the time, and she's also the only dedicated healer and non-joke mage. You don't kill her, you kill anybody else!

It was down to her and Barrett in development, and Aerith was clearly the right choice out of those two.

They should've gone with their other idea of killing everyone who isn't in your party off when you skydive out of the airship over Midgar imo.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Actually Jenova killed Aeris and she did it because she has a crush on Cloud and wanted to get rid of a love rival.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I thought it was obvious.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I wonder if the cancelled Tabata project had anything to do with the Agni's Philosophy tech demo, which will probably end up becoming FFXVI.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Ventana posted:

The first time through cutscenes are fine, but on replays cutscenes can be a chore. I'm the kind of person who likes replaying games so cutscene skip helps a lot (which is why I don't replay ffx that much).

Also imagine getting stuck on say the Yunalesca fight and having to rewatch the same 10 minute cutscene every time you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

CeallaSo posted:

Quina is... whatever the heck they are.

Quina is the head chef of Alexandria Castle. You can find them in the kitchen near the start of the game.