Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AlphaKretin posted:

:byodood: I'm Captain Basch fon Ronsenberg of Dalmasca! He's right there! Is there any reason Vaan is saying it except that he's the player character?

Not everyone knows basch's face. He was yelling it to get the supporters of dalmasca to come after him. The baddies wouldn't care cause it's some dumb poo poo kid and not the escapee former dalmascan captain. The dalmasca dudes hate basch because of plot, so they'd come check the kid out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Onmi posted:

It's gimmicky as gently caress

So at its worst it's a point blank melee aoe at 1x damage? Depending o the situation that's pretty good.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
You can use a tent mid battle? Are you serious? :psyduck:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ImpAtom posted:

You can but it has a 50% chance of inflicting Poison, Blind and Silence on a party member via TENT SNAKE. This does, however, work on enemies too.

I remember reading that gizmaluke has a weakness to tents in a strategy guide once when I was a kid.

I had no loving idea what that meant.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

zedprime posted:

I don't think I casted libra once after the TP tutorial because it just fills everything in by trial and error. It can boost your DPS 5 seconds earlier on a unique boss. But you even remember everything when returning to time trial mission stones so it doesn't even matter on fights where you might be interested in squeezing every last bit of damage out.

It'll effect what your ai partners do. Even if you know to fire, they won't. But yeah it's kinda meaningless.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah. Wakka is poo poo at blitzball, but good at killing poo poo with a ball. So, win for team save the world I guess?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mega64 posted:

What the gently caress Square.

(I could post that on every page in this thread and it will always be relevant).

So mobius primarily has classes that only changes your characters look. That lightning thing appears to be a newer class where the main character is actually replaced by lightning. The white face sazh, unfortunately, is just the main character wearing sazh's armor and an afro. Honestly he should have been the reskinned model.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

corn in the bible posted:

normal people dont do those things

Bravely Default is basically final fantasy with some renamed stuff, so this counts.
Most of the bravely default rematch boss fights are extremely difficult, unless you use a 100% broken setup. I mean, I was using some pretty broken setups before I was fighting them, and I really had to change up what I was doing.

I loved dark knight in that game. Unleash your black banes until you have no health left, then abuse minus strike. If you die, you explode! Then I equipped the vampire come back to life ability so he'd pop up every now and then if I couldn't raise the dude myself. That ability triggered rather often for me, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Triple Triad is still so good but I have to go through a weird rear end FF Portal App to play it or play FF VIII, which for some reason isn’t on iOS (VII and IX are, however).

It used to be apart of the playonline package that included ffxi. Sadly it's gone now. Sucks, I'd loving keep that subscription going for just triple-triad.