Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
First one I played through was VIII, but I had watched my friend play through a good chunk of VII before that and VII is still my favorite of the series. That PS3 tech demo is still the biggest cockblock a game company has ever done in my opinion.

Is it true they're doing an HD remake of X? I mean, I liked that game a lot, but I can't imagine there's a huge demand for a remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Nostrum posted:

I too have similarly bad opinions about Final Fantasy games! VIII was also one of my favorites, and most of the complaints seemed to revolve around the grind to game the systems which was 1.) completely unecessary and 2.) could also be gamed. I really liked the setting, the characters, and just the general story - even though nearly all of it was relentlessly silly and made basically no sense at all. Squall, although cliche in every single way, was just a hilarious anti-hero and a change of pace from previous FF titles. You saw some of this with Cloud, although later in the story be becomes extremely emotional and invested in the events that surround him. Squall just couldn't care less throughout the whole thing, he just wanted to get his dick wet and get this stupid poo poo over with. The ending was legitimately funny.

I never made it through IX. It was just...boring. The characters were dull, I hated the art style, and I think something was missing in the English translation. I really hated the item-skill system.

I spent waaay too much time grinding poo poo out in VII. I still have a PS1 memory card kicking around with something like 160 hours on 1 save.

I'm also not a big fan of IX, I couldn't get through that one and I just don't care to. Didn't really like any of the characters.

I remember getting a little irritated with my VII save when I realized the game clock just stopped at 99:59. On one hand, no one will ever truly know just how many hours I sunk into that game, on the other, I want to know!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ImpAtom posted:

Square-Enix pretty clearly considers the "International" or Final Mix versions of their games to be the 'offical' ones. Kingdom Hearts, FFVII, and FFX all have spinoffs or sequels which directly reference content only available in the International/Final Mix/whatever versions. It makes no sense for them not to redo that version. Like, the only reason not to is if you assume S-E is actively malicious and looking to make fans sad, and that seems a bit much to assume even from S-E.

What was different in the international version of VII?

Possibly related, I remember reading ages ago that there was a book or something about the final fantasy series that talked about how the world of VII and the world of X are related somehow, like one is the past of the other. Anyone know anything about that, or am I making poo poo up?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Pablo Gigante posted:

Zell's pretty much just wearing those huge JNCO jorts that were so popular when I was in middle school in the mid-late 90s

Yeah, you could pretty much find people who looked like that in real life without even trying too hard back in the day. You probably wouldn't like those people but then, who can say they really like Zell's personality?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

p.crestmont posted:

I guess I was thinking of Balthier and Basch etc. Basically everything about the game except Vaan and Penelo (I kept them out of my party and generally tried to pretend they were just the kids in the backseat of my adventure).

And yes I do think everything about the design and art in XII stood out as much better than those before and after it (except for the sheer quality of XIII, not the style just how drat well the game looked)

Really? I though XII was super generic and boring. Honestly I thought that whole game was a forgettable experience except Balthier because he was Han Solo. But then that's all I remember about him so I guess he was pretty forgettable too.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Saoshyant posted:

I'm amused people used to consider FFVIII's plot a trainwreck to the point that the Squall is dead and Rinoa is Ultimecia theories had to be created to explain the plot. And yet, nothing can save FFXIII. :toot:

Ha, I love that Ultimecia theory. Never heard the Squall is dead one though.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Saoshyant posted:

I played both and I know which plot I liked and which one I didn't. Thank you. I'll take the monsters on the moon dropping in a funnel to Earth while Squall just whatevers the gently caress out of them, any day.

I'm with you dude, FF8 may have been pretty nonsensical but at least it was interesting.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Schwartzcough posted:

Actually, that sounds like a common complaint of the middle span of Final Fantasies, anyway.
FF6- "World of Balance was great, but the World of Ruin is just unfocused wandering."
FF7- "Midgar was awesome, but then it turns into another generic JRPG world and more incoherent as the story goes on."
FF8- "The Child soldier thing was great, but then it all goes to poo poo after the assassination mission."
FF9- "The first two disks were great, but the last two were just bleh."

FF8 kept its focus longer than that I think. I'd argue that it's pretty focused up until Edea stops being possessed by Ultimecia. Then things start getting really really screwy.

Azure_Horizon posted:

Eh, I dunno if it works for IX. The story's still really great in Disc 3 and you have moments like Bahamut v. Alexander and Trance Kuja to really spice the story up. That and Esto Gaza, my favorite FF town. Disc 4 has the greatness of Memoria, which is all it really needs. I think the only legitimate problem with IX's story is Necron.

I don't know if it works for IX either, but that's because I hated the entire game. Not once did I feel like I was having fun in that game and I never found any of the characters likeable. So I can't really say if it fell apart cause I didn't really like it to begin with.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

NikkolasKing posted:

I feel the same way. XIII is a thoroughly perplexing game because I bitched about the extreme linearity but once we got to Pulse, I missed that linearity. At least poo poo was happening and characters were developing in the first 70% of the game. once everything opens up, the game seems to lose itself.

(Full disclosure I haven't played through an FF game since X but I watched friends play XII and XIII.)

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I've never been able to beat a Final Fantasy game my first time through. Towards the end of every game there's a point where the world is really opened up for you so you can grind levels before the final dungeon. The first time I play a Final Fantasy I would get to that point, start grinding, lose interest, and never go back to that save. When I did finally go back to the game I would start over from the beginning and only then would I get through the entire game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Azure_Horizon posted:

This definitely explains why nothing past Disc 1 makes any sense, of course.

Again, I call bullshit, the game makes fine sense up until Ultimecia comes out of nowhere and you're like "Wait what? Edea's not the main villain??" I think that's on the third disc, but maybe its on the second. Yeah the story falls apart like every Final Fantasy game, but you gotta be pretty thick to not be able to follow the game immediately after Disc 1.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Azure_Horizon posted:

1. The Orphanage bit makes no sense, not that it's a particularly important plot point. It throws in the bit of Guardian Forces causing amnesia for a completely unexplained reason ("it just does" is not an explanation).

2. Ellone transporting Squall physically through time when previously all she could do was send a person's consciousness

3. Anything involving Squall and Rinoa's relationship makes no sense whatsoever.

4. Ultimecia and witch succession are a complete asspull.

5. Adel, despite the Laguna flashback, has 5 minutes of no reason for being in the story at all.

Unfortunately, these bits are central to the storyline and why nothing past Disc 1 makes sense.

I'm just saying there's a bunch of stuff in between the end of Disc 1 and Esther, which is when all of that stuff takes place, with the exception of the Orphanage/Amnesia reveal. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it mentioned prior to then that GFs can mess with people's memories? I feel like there was some mention of that in Balamb at some point.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah, and by "bunch of stuff," you mean "cool poo poo" that's about as intellectually deep as Transformers and once Squall gets ice-lanced, the story goes out the window for the rest of the second disc and nothing of importance happens until Disc 3 when Ultimecia is introduced and everything goes out the window.

Let's see, we'll list out all the super-important poo poo that happens:
- You escape from prison (I guess it's important because otherwise you'd spend the rest of the game in prison which honestly would've been an improvement on FF8)
- You blow up a missile base (very Die Hard, but also essentially pointless)
- You make the Garden fly in an FMV (so you can have a really lovely airship that makes for good FMVs. Essentially pointless)
- NORG (FSHURUSHURUSHURUSHURUBJURUJURUJURUJURU)
- You protect some hippies from a militarized nation (stupid and pointless and exists only so some obscure and boring NPCs can namedrop Esthar... if you can even find them in the first place, and only during a very small window of time)
- You put on a concert
- I mean seriously you put on a motherfucking concert and the game pretends that this is world-shatteringly important
- Let's fight dudes in Balamb (which forces you through a really, really annoying sequence just so Fujin and Raijin can tell you that Seifer is still alive and fighting for the Sorceress. Again. Of course, you've already known this since the end of Disc 1)
- This is your brain on Guardian Forces (character development literally ends here, the player characters don't go anywhere from this point and Ward, who has all of like ten minutes of screen time from this point out, has more than anyone else in Squall's party)
- EPIC GARDEN BATTLE (guys look at this AWESOME FMV look at those DUDES ON MOTORCYCLES HITTING THAT RAMP FROM ONE GARDEN TO ANOTHER and now FVMS GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND DAMMIT Nigga DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, Some ho IS GONNA DIE this poo poo is so 1999 EXTREEEEEEEEEME. Also completely irrelevant and doesn't set up any lore or background or do absolutely anything else aside from "look at my FMVs, look at them")
- Fight Edea (and here we are, at the end of Disc 2, we finally have SOMETHING relevant to the plot. The "plot." And it's all about to get thrown out the window because as soon as you put in Disc 3, ULTIMECIA)

Literally the only good thing to come out of FF8 is I had this Japanese national teaching a linguistics course in university, awesome older guy--basically he looked like a 70-year-old Arino--who had a cursory exposure to video games from his son, and gave us an example of the difference between the SVO of if-then logic in English and Japanese, and the example he used was, in super "I am fluent but I honestly don't care that I'm lacking some English phonemes" English, "Squall is dead. If nobody will revive him, Squall is still dead."

No one ever said it was deep or meaningful, though I think you're being a pedantic rear end in defining what's part of the story and what's not. I said it was coherent. Though I did forget about the concert haha.

I mean seriously though, how are the missile base section and escaping prison and fighting Galbadian Garden meaningless? The whole plot of the game before the crazy Ultimecia time travel bullshit is that Edea is a sorceress that took control of Galbadia and is looking to conquer the world. The concert is dumb, the amnesia is weird and NORG is what the gently caress, but turning the Garden into a flying base is this games fairly unique solution to the missile problem.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ImpAtom posted:

I really don't think any of them handled it well actually. I found it incredibly boring that there was a "best" weapon and I just got it, equipped it, and was done. FFVII at least theoretically asked you to equip other poo poo to level materia up.

I don't understand why you'd want lesscustomization from weapons? What benefit does having one ultimate weapon have over having a variety of weapons with their own uses? I guess that's what I don't get. Why would you want one choice over multiple choices when it comes to character builds?

I'd rather multiple characters that are better for different things than multiple weapons that are better for different things. I like to collect equipment in my RPGs but I don't really like inventory management, I want to have the Best and just use it. I miss the concept of an ultimate weapon in games, I feel like they don't really do that anymore. Like in Mass Effect 3 I'd rather have to find a super sweet Turian Sniper Rifle for Garrus that only he can use and is individual to him rather than give him whatever random rifle from my inventory. Getting the Ultimate weapon is another thing, in Final Fantasy 7 I remember having to jump through hoops to get the ultimate weapons for each character and it made it more satisfying.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

The White Dragon posted:

But it's not coherent, it's a string of utterly disconnected events that reeks of RPGMaker Syndrome: it sends you to these irrelevant places and shovels lore down your throat like you're supposed to care. The Missile Base is pointless and serves only to make the player say "oh no my bros were blown up!!!" and fake them out later, as if they didn't see that coming. The garden battle sequence is completely disconnected from the plot. In fact, it's so shoehorned in that your entire motivation for everything you do in that section is, and I quote, "It's your destiny." "It has to be you." If FF8 didn't take itself so goddamn seriously, I'd swear that the whole section was a parody of the Chosen One of Legend cliche.

The entire second disc could be edited out, save for the intro with Laguna, the escape from the prison, and final showdown with Edea, and not only would you lose nothing of relevance to the plot, but you wouldn't even lose characterization or continuity.

I'm going to have to continue to disagree with you. Just because you don't like a sequence doesn't make it incoherent. When you watch procedurals do you just watch the first and last 5 minutes of the show? I mean the rest would be pointless by your definition so why bother right?

And your point about them shoving lore down your throat like you're supposed to care? You're playing the game aren't you? Of course you're supposed to care.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Pesky Splinter posted:

It'd be easier to read if it weren't just walls of text for his assessment of each fanbase. Geez.

I checked out as soon as I realized the first part of his "article" was a glossary of bullshit terms.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
IX is the worst!!!

Probably not but it's my personal least favorite of the 5 or so I've played

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Once you recruit all six characters, you can pretty much decide whoever you want to use and just use those people for the rest of the game, as there aren't any forced sequences like in 10 where "whoops, we're suddenly underwater hope you leveled Wakka".

So if you want to pretend the main character doesn't exist, you can.

On the off chance I ever try this game again, I need to remember this.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
How long does this Job Fiesta thing last? I wanna know when I should bother to follow the thread again cause I couldn't care less about this thing.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

fount of knowledge posted:

I can't be the only kid who went through that game not giving a poo poo about the level scaling, right? As long as you junction decent magics to your stats (Triple Triad may have had a hand in this, I admit, but I never transmuted something I didn't have extras of anyway) you'll blow through enemies even if they're buffed by being level-boosted.

Even playing it completely straight (No No-encounters/running from every battle, no exploiting limit breaks, no transmuting character cards into super-powerful magics, etc.) I would call 8 pretty easy.

Yeah, I never had problems with 8 and I was a super dumb kid when I first played it. gently caress, the first time I don't even think I ever really "got" the junction system or triple triad.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I wish I had the time and energy to play through 7 and 8 again. They were some of my favorite games as a teen and I still can't rank one above the other. I really liked how they were both modernish settings, with cities and cars as well as swords and magic.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Elec posted:

I finished 9 for the first time last night. That was incredible, and a lot of fun. I told myself I wasn't going to bother with tedious sidequests and was just going to sort of plow through, but after looking up one thing in a walkthrough early on I just decided to follow it exactly, doing every dumb side thing, and had a lot of fun doing it. (Didn't bother with Ozma though) Probably cut my total time down by a few hours too, which is good considering my dumb plan to marathon the series again starting with games I haven't played yet.
Next on my list to play is 8... this might be a longshot but is there a 'definitive' walkthrough anyone likes? Even just hearing the words 'junction', 'refine', 'draw', triple triad, etc etc just seems really arcane, though I'm sure it'll be easier to understand once I actually start the game.

The mechanics are fairly easy to understand once you're in the game. I had OCD about drawing, had to draw from every enemy and get 100 of every magic just to have 100 of every magic even if I didn't need it for junctioning. :shepface:

Doing it that way makes most combat pretty easy. The things you would need a guide for are to make sure you don't miss a summon so any guide will do.

effectual posted:

My first playthrough I leveled a bunch and was getting murdered by random encounters. Next game I kept levels low, til I was going to fight Omega, then I used Cactuar's stat boosts and powerlevelled all 6 of my chars, especially so my 3 without GF's could make it to the Omega trigger. Jumbo Cactuar rules.

I think this would only happen if you leveled a ton but didn't also draw millions of magic as you went along for junctioning.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Mega64 posted:

We may want to do a separate thread for it this year, as it took over this entire thread last year and there's more than enough interest for it to warrant its own thread, plus it'll grab people's attention better.

Yes please do this, I had to bail on this thread last time because I could not give a poo poo about FJF.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Vanderdeath posted:

I used to say See-sil as a kid...also Masamune was "masa-moon" and chocobo was "chock-o-boo." Ah, the follies of youth. :smith:

Sooo... how do you pronounce Masamune?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ImpAtom posted:

It's suppsoed to be Tee. Despite looking like Tide, that wasn't intentional, "Tida" and "Yuna" are supposed to mean Sun and Moon. (Which is why Tidus' upgrade item is the Sun item and Yuna's is the Moon.)

It's continuing the cycle of set by Cloud/Aerith (Which was intended to read and sound like the English word "Earth") and Squall/Laguna/Raine and later the entire cast of FFXIII to have straightforward symbolic names.

I always said it Tie- cause it just looks like Titus but with a D instead of a T.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
My friend always bitches that you need to save your beginning of the game equipment in 9 because there's a dungeon where all the weapon stats get flipped so what's bad is good and what's good is bad or something?? I have no idea what he's talking about because I hate hate hated 9 and so never got that far.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Shaezerus posted:

Considering how utterly batshit crazy the plot becomes in the second half of the game this might be pretty on the mark.

Like I've seen some ridiculous bullshit out of JRPGs but "You are literally fighting an entire alternate dimension - not what's in it, the alternate dimension itself" is still the purest :wtc: moment in my personal experience.

This makes me really want to track down a copy and play through it with some of my friends.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
So I see FF7 and 8 are on PSN now. I still have my old Playstation discs for these games, is there any reason I would want to pay for the PSN downloads instead though? (Playstation games work on PS3's right? That was the impression I had but I haven't had time to test it myself.) They didn't clean up the graphics or bugs or translation errors did they?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, Playstation games should work on PS3. I don't think the PSN versions are upgraded in any way- they're mostly there for people who don't already have the games or want to play them on the Vita, I think.

Tempo 119 posted:

You can play the PS1 discs on the PS3, there's nothing different about the PSN downloads.

Word, thanks guys.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
MMOs are not and never have been fun. They are addictive time sinks that string you along with the dopamine releases you may get from leveling up or completing a quest.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Occupation posted:

I would respond but I don't have my dinner theatre Shakespeare costume and terribly overwritten dialog on

And/or I would respond but I'm too busy throwing rocks at myself

And/or I would respond but I'm too busy parsing horribly translated engrish

Also yes I like the best ps1 ff, what of it

Straight up, VIII continues to be one of my favorite RPGs.

Sometimes I feel like the only person around here who loves VIII and hate hate hates IX.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is there a better place than Amazon for me to find the FFX soundtrack? 42 bucks seems kind of steep, but I guess I can swing it if that's the best option. Did they release a soundtrack for the remaster? My girlfriend is playing through X for the first time on the remasters and the music is giving me tons of nostalgia.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

the_american_dream posted:

No fuckin kidding. Unpopular opinion but I really miss long games like this. I'm 8 hrs plus in and I just got to the part where Seymour is exposed.

Though I did replay the blitzball game 3 times since I never won it the first time around

Do you mean at Macalania temple? My gf and I just got there and we're at 25 hours!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I know that if you're not careful you can miss out on a Jecht Sphere in Besaid because of Dark Aeons, but is there anything else that they block off? I think I got all the destruction spheres, so I don't have to worry about those. I'm at the Calm Lands, and was trying to back track for stuff before the Airship triggers the Dark Aeons but I forgot Guadosalam gets locked down at that point so I can't backtrack any further.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Vil posted:

The big things are:

Besaid destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Macalania destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Sun Crest in Zanarkand (for Tidus's weapon) - get after tentacle lady and before leaving to get the airship

With a nod to:

Besaid Jecht Sphere (for Auron's overdrives) - backtrack alllll the way there after Spherimorph unlocks the Jecht Spheres and before all the Macalania events put plot barriers in the way
Valefor's second overdrive in Besaid - get on first visit (or rather, on your way out), especially since it's increasingly unimportant the later in the game you get it
Maybe a miscellaneous Al Bhed Primer here and there

Put simply, you are locked out of the town of Besaid, you are locked out of the temple in Macalania, and you are locked out of tentacle lady's room in Zanarkand. All other dark aeon encounters are avoidable and you can just walk around them, avoid triggering them, etc.

e: While you're at it, don't forget to talk to Wantz on Gagazet to unlock his shop later on which sells 4-slotted blank equipment.

Very cool, I need to keep an eye out for Wantz and the Sun Crest, but I've gotten everything else besides the Besaid Jecht Sphere. I'm not sure how much I'm gonna actually do when it comes to Celestials and side quests, but I'm glad my choices won't be entirely decided for me by Dark Aeon fuckery.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Jibo posted:

To this day I have still not beaten Ruby Weapon.

The one time I 100%d that game I cheesed it soooo hard. I had a turbofire controller rigged up with rubber bands so that the party would continually fight Sand Worms in Mideel while I watched TV on another input, checking in every hour or two to heal up and switch mastered materia. Once you master Knights of the Round, Quadra Magic and/or Mime all the superbosses just crumble. I started the Ruby Weapon fight, set up my Knights/Mime chain, went across the hall to tell my brother I was fighting Ruby and by the time we got back to my room it was dead.

So dumb, but so great. FFX's poo poo just sounds dumb, but to be honest if I wasn't playing through the game with my girlfriend I probably would at least attempt to do dumb sphere grid maxxing and superbosses. We might try Dark Valefor but I don't think we're going nuts with it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ImpAtom posted:

The GBA version also fixes a number of bugs. Such as Evade actually working properly. The music is a bit worse but it isn't like it is replaced by howling bat screeches. There are patches to fix the SNES version but generally it isn't worth going out of the way. (Also all the SNES retranslation patches are pretty bad, before you ask. Just use the original SNES translation if you're going that route.)

Avoid the iOS and the PS1 versions no matter what. Both are lovely for different reasons.

How's the PSN version? Is it just the PS1 version? What's wrong with it? My girlfriend and I want to play VI eventually and trying to play a handhold looking over each other's shoulders sounds like a bad time.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

TARDISman posted:

The translation's pretty iffy and load times are pretty bad. If you want to play VI, I'd honestly suggest getting the Virtual Console version on the Wii or Wii U.

Well that's not gonna happen. I don't own a Wii* and I'm certainly not getting one now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Eddain posted:

Vivi was the best FF character.

I hate FFIX and even I can't argue with this.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Gologle posted:

God, Crisis Core's ending was so sad. You knew it was coming, but it was still horrible. WHy did I level up to level 99 and beat the goddess of the planet if not to repel the army that Shinra sent at me and change history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIiT0keG5iQ

I haven't actually played Crisis Core, but in one of the bonus videos on the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray they have clips from the ending cinematics and fight with this music and it destroyed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Kulkasha posted:

VII Cid is best Cid because dragoon astronaut. VII Cid is worst Cid because of spousal abuse.

I've heard that in the original Japanese version he comes off as less of a dick, and it's the translation that made him seem so awful. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?