Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Add an entire world of ruin arc. Do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is this also the bravely default there because I can't find one and want to ramble about my job options

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

:justpost: your sickest job setups

Coming up to the end of Chapter 4 but starting to plan for endgame. As you can see I'm most uncertain about the middle two:

Tiz - Pirate/Swordmaster. Just about certain on this one, straightforward pirate skills and Swordmaster counters, with free lunch for absurd easy damage. Wondering which way around the two classes should be

Edea - Dark Knight/???. Certain on DK. Maybe Merchant for Low Leverage assuming I can still hit the damage cap. Maybe vampire but I don't have that yet. Maybe valkyrie because I just like those. Maybe ninja for evasion and there was some other reason I can't remember. Maybe monk for damage potential. I don't know!!! Leaning towards Merchant.

Ringabel - Performer/???. Performer for buffs is just about certain but not sure what else to give him. Maybe Freelancer to make him a BP generator but as far as I can tell that's only worth it if I do the Edea merchant thing. If not, maybe knight with two shields? Or conjurer or vampire. Or uh ninja? Also not sure if Performer should maybe be the secondary job? I really don't know what to do with him.

Agnes - Spiritmaster/White Mage OR Spirit Master/Salve Maker. Assuming both will be great, just not sure if I might be too lazy to use salve maker properly

There are so many fun jobs and abilities I want a huge roster of characters so I can use them all without swapping, give me a party of 6 or 8 please :(

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 24, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

2B's real codename is PB for "Problematic Booty"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nier A is loving full of sexual themes and it repeatedly spells them out directly for you in case they go over your head. 2B is literally an object (as a robot), is objectified by both the player and the director, and is objectified by 9S who worships and fears and sexually imprints on her because violence makes androids jizz and cum and their relationship is based on killing

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 26, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I recommend either picking jobs that sound cool for specific characters or choose randomly.

The game is balanced around having one job, you'll be fine with whatever.

Wait they just added a job system and didn't rebalance the game at all to account for it?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aaaaaaaahhhhh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Character ages in jrpgs always seemed stupid but now they actively upset me

Especially when half the time they've been aged up for the English release, because you become uncomfortably aware that the sexually available boob lady is now 17

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cleretic posted:

It's not a JRPG thing so much as a S-E thing though, I think. Granted, the vast majority of my non-S-E JRPG experience is from Shin Megami Tensei, which might just be uniquely good at it. Or so ingrained in its modern setting that people can't fudge the numbers very well.

Yeah SMT is good at it. Tales games are SE levels of silly from what I remember. Not that it matters really, just all very weird

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cromch cromch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

I just want Bravely Third.

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/944584489153335298

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

And so am I

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The last few pages are making ff12 sound loving terrible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Surely someone has modded the Steam version to look acceptable by now. Or modded the gba version to have the good music?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Hmm, looks like the GBA version has a sound restoration hack and a color restoration hack (the colors on the GBA one are hosed due to being designed for the GBA's mediocre screen). I saw a few precompiled roms of that floating around, though can't link because filez. But that'd be what you want if you go GBA.

The screen's still cramped and too small, and I still say the woolsey translation is charming, though.

Hmm, going to inject one of those onto my 3ds and see how it plays

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm hoping the additional character control gives it a bit more complexity but it'll probably just make it stupidly easy lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Haven't played the game, can confirm I know who he is and the Dragoon lady seems cool but I'd never heard of her before today

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Edgar Figaro

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I haven't played FFIX, but I still knew Kuja well before Dissidia turned up. I only played the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games but I can somehow vaguely follow who's who there. Nier Automata is the only Yoko Taro game I've ever played, but I still somehow knew all the connections entirely through osmosis.

Yet I have heard so little about Ardyn as an outsider that I legitimately thought the villain of FFXV was 'a ghost, maybe'. Maybe it's me, but as someone who hasn't consumed anything of FFXV directly I missed him entirely, and I don't think it's my fault.

It is

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I remember when I got my 250gb ssd thinking ya this’ll fit windows and like 10 games and now it fits 1

Yeah lol this is getting to be a problem

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I tried the FF15 Demo and actually this runs very well - didn’t fiddle with settings yet but 1080p 60fps on a gtx 970 which I didn’t expect. Maybe it gets worse during like summons

Yeah same setup and I'm very impressed. Beautiful game too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

I mean its still FFIX, but like, if that doesn't bother you its great.

Is there a single ff that most people itt like

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/03/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-asks-if-fans-want-a-happy-or-sad-ending

lol they're going to milk this game forever. fair enough

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

I want to ride my chocobo all day dammit. Mine!!!

At the C H O C O B O R O D E O

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a he'll of a song but it's no Eternity

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They still dress like it's 2006 when the rest of the world moved on it owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was told just to mainline the main story until I unlock chocobos, that about Right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Exploration

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

DS 3 is also loving brutal as well as being awful. Poor 14 year old me picked it up at an airport and it was the only game I had for two weeks and I still couldn't get through the loving mini dungeon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't imagine needing to extend it, it lasts for ages

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's ok, everyone in Narshe forgets as well given how later they refuse to believe the empire would invade them since they're so neutral

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still don't really understand Prompto controls yet tbh, there's a little bar that appears sometimes and the normal attack button doesn't do anything except when it does?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apophenium posted:

I'm enjoying my foray into FFVI so far. I just rode down a river and battled an octopus but lost my Street Fighter brother. Now I'm back in Narshe with some old man.

I've been bumbling through but haven't felt the least bit threatened by any of the baddies. I've probably missed tons of weapons or relics or whatever but I'm still getting through. I'm sure I'll get my rear end kicked before too long.

That ultros fight you just beat is Probably one of the hardest fights in the game because he can kill most of your dudes in one hit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I couldn't stop laughing at the Cup Noodle quest it's amazing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chapter 13 was a bit too long but was really cool. You can tell it was patched a lot after release though lol, Ardyn keeps phoning you to make fun of how lovely the ring is when you just teleported through an axeman and blew him up in one swift move

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Explain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Holy does loads of damage if you time it well and it's hardly a tight window

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How loving dead inside do you have to be to not enjoy those fights. Yes Leviathan was just hold B and enjoy being Goku that's the point