Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it makes me happy that with every patch FFXIV boss fights are getting closer and closer to becoming revengeance boss fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

The Doomhammer posted:

Well, the villain for the upcoming expansion does seem to have a magitek version of Jetstream Sam's gun-sheath thing...

http://i.imgur.com/FqKNV0u.jpg

WASH AWAY THE ANGERRRRR

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
14 has the best encounter design in the series

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Which FF party is the strongest? Including 11 and 14, not counting any godhood ascensions or whatever like lightning

For my money it's V X or XIV. Yuna summons are p strong and the cast of V is pretty versatile all around, the warrior of light is kind of ridiculous tho

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah the party in xv isn't very strong except noctis is ridiculous. Up there with lightning, WOL, and bartz

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Cleretic posted:

WoL is hard to measure, because everything you describe is team content. They're definitely part of killing, say, Alexander, but are they canonically the strong lead of the team, ala Noctis, or on equal footing with the other people on the team?

All I know is I can't consider the XIV party to be the strongest party, because either you consider the 'XIV party' to be other players then it's not even fair and kinda has to be disqualified. But if you consider the Scions the 'XIV party', then it's one god-killing badass and 7-ish chumps, some of which are good at talking and investigating. And no matter how strong the WoL is, one competent person out of 7 can't rightly match a full squad of qualified world-saviors.

He canonically killed Nidhogg and Knights of the Round solo. Round is the single most ridiculous achievement. Primal strength is determined by the amount of Aether and the amount of prayer. KOTR was powered by infinite aether and a thousand years of prayer of an entire nation. And there were 13. And they were soloed. And they were soloed so hard that Thordan had a mental break and died in disbelief that something like WOL could even exist

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
vath deftarm is the best character in final fantasy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if only a brave Warrior would Return to Ivalice

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
im late but the best final fantasy moment is holding onto shinryus back while accelerating into a psychadelic battle dimension while zenos yells about how he wishes this fight could never end

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i hope yojimbo is in the SB Hildibrand quests and he gets called Jim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ffxiv fuckin rules and its the best ff but especially this patch