Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wish I could keep up my interest in FFXIV but every time I hit the early 30s I find the story drags and I haven't gotten the cool stuff from my advanced class so it feels like such a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I enjoyed XIII overall. Never played the sequels and I'm pretty okay with that, but I also dig Lightning.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

zedprime posted:

Have you heard the Good News? Lightning has Returned and is absolving us of our sins (using a sword).

Sunning posted:

The sequels take a hit in production values but the team got more comfortable with the gameplay/game engine and did some crazy things with it.

Doesn't the second one trick you into thinking it's about Lightning but it's actually about her sister and Some Dude?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Reiterpallasch posted:

nuclear take: chrono cross was good

I did not hate it. I also did not finish it. Did kind of love the bit where the main guy gets swapped with the feline villain and then has to fight his former teammates.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

precision posted:

14 is good too if you're into that kind of thing

It's my favorite MMO. I don't know how that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How is FFXIV these days? I kinda lost interest playing by myself about in the early 30 levels, where it it was like 'okay here is your advance class but you don't get the cool stuff yet so basically you're the same class as you were' and the story had kinda slowed to a crawl, too.