Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Signed up for the babby version, started 5 but haven't completed it before. Just got through the windshrine so I guess it's time to close this until the 17th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Thief, son of a...

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Aggh mother loving Siren with four thieves and only 8 potions!

Xillah fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 16, 2012

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Raiad posted:

One thing, did other people not get the notice for the Water job? Under the players list I can see it (Blue mage!), but I was wondering if other people had to check like that, or if the message took a while to get.
Gilgabot tweeted that I could use a thief but it wasn't sent to me directly.
Anyone have suggestions for siren? just grinding at the moment after having my rear end handed back to me a dozen times.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Heading up the mountain to find a....dragon? Think I over levelled myself, Siren didn't get to turn undead after a bit of grinding.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

I got Thief for Wind, but Gilgabot is merciful and just and gave me Summoner for Water. :woop:

I got thief for wind then Berserker for water....

MOTHER FUCKER

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Thief/Beserker/Geomancer/????

Never used Geomancer before but I assume it sucks rear end. Have I hosed Gilgabots sister or something?

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Ah well unlocked my final job:

Thief/Beserker/Geomancer/Dragoon

I'm not sure if I have the best method. I just keep spam fighting in the fireship until I get 99 hi-potions then move onto the next fight. Probably not in the spirit of things but it seems to be getting the job done. Thank christ I can increase the speed on this thing though, if it wasn't for 400% speed I'd have rage quit after rolling Beserker.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Arrrgh, Purobolos keep using arise. Any advice? I get down to two then BAM back upto 5 or 6.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Sex_Ferguson posted:

SO yeah, I don't know if this was posted, but the Theatrhythm trailer is making me want the game more. I didn't think I could like the idea of a Rhythm RPG so much, but this is really great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHqIsFHFGrQ&hd=1

That just looks terrible. There are a ton of rhythm games on the DS, I'm yet to play one that I find tolerable.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Seething, loving crystals. I don't have fire rings. I have one fire shield. Running with thief/beserker /geomancer / dragoon. Levels are in the low 30s. Any advce other than my current plan which is grind, kill my beserker, take them out one at a time.

Xillah fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 19, 2012

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Kyrosiris posted:

Kill everyone but the Dragoon, tote the Flame Shield, bring the Fire Crystal into critical HP (so it spams Firaga) and milk that for self-healing while grinding the others down? He can also use the Dancing Dagger - you don't get 2x Jump damage, but you get shots at Swords Dance, which is basically 4x damage.
Just tried that, worked okay until I got up to the wind guy. I cant take two hits and it dishes out the damage slightly faster than the fire crystal so one comes round before I can finish. I'm thinking with a little grinding and Artful Dodger equipped it may just do the job.

I don't have a death sickle so couldn't try that with my beserker, I don't think I've been this far in FFV before and I'm not using a guide I'll have missed loads.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

As a man of 5'9" I just want to say heh, I'm bigger than you Cloud :smug:

I can't be excited about this, it will probably be some steam port with a couple of tweaks. If it has an improved translation (with a less stereotypical Barret), or extra content I might be more keen.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Would be $%&!(*& awessome if Aeris didn't die....but Barret smashed into a tree at the end of that snow boarding sub-game.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Hm. If that's real, they're using Aerith instead of Aeris. That would imply a retranslation.

Thought it was only Aeris in the PAL release.

I want them to have 20 dollar DLC where you go on an epic adventure to resurrect Aeris. After roaming the lifestream for 25 hours to make sure I get the Sages of the Square Summon (Level 53 death bitches!), after fighting the boss (which would be all but impossible) you discover that true immortality is in the heart of loved ones and dead is dead.

FFV talk: Just killed those loving crystals. Level 42. I hate the way this rolled, it's like the first 20 hours FF13.

Xillah fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 19, 2012

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Mega64 posted:

I hope they remove the ability to name characters, and then charge $5 for DLC that only renames Aeris to Aerith.

Single sex marriage is a hot topic right now, I hope they make Cid the last Ancient and have Aerith become the kickass chain smoking pilot.

Honestly, I just hope they just do SOMETHING to make this different. If a certain corner of the internet shits bricks about them ruining the CANON then I'll be really pleased.

I'm a guy that loved this game, that game had to last me for a year (we weren't poor, my mum just wouldn't buy computer games for "that contraption"). I traded in anything I could to buy the US import version, my paper round bought the PC version. I didn't have the internet and just wanted there to be extra content, there had to be some differences right? Wrong!
I downloaded it on PSN over christmas and played it with my kid. He's now obsessed with everything final fantasy now (and enjoying grinding for me in the Fiesta. HAH!). Unfortunately this means I've sat through the extended Advent children BluRay 30+ times now.

Whoops, got derailed. I'd just love something, anything new. I loved that game, I see it's flaws now I'm older but when I was 13/14 it was Shakespeare.

FF Fiesta talk: Galuf :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

W.T. Fits posted:

I don't think this would ever happen. One of the major themes of the franchise is that when people die, they're dead for good. In fact, a lot of the plots of the games center around the various villains' attempts to cheat death in way or another.
Keep reading, at the end of my DLC she stays dead and buyers are pissed :smug:

Edit: Double post and this guy:

Schwartzcough posted:

Hence the rest of Xillah's post. It would keep themes consistent while being a delightful troll on players.