Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i have high hopes for ff15 i think it will be GOOD and FEEL like a final fantasy game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

I wish I knew what an FF game felt like.

I know you probably aren't being very serious but as I'm sure you're aware, "not feeling like an FF game" was a criticism heaped upon the last couple titles.

It's like some people came away with the same feeling in FFV as they did in FFVII.

I was thinking about this and honestly I think it's the music that makes a final fantasy game and perhaps nothing other than that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

my comment regarding music in final fantasy games was directed at the quality and effectiveness of the musical score to compliment and enhance the emotional connection of the viewer to the action on the screen. Final fantasy games have traditionally used music in this manner to tremendous effect not unlike youd expect from a.john Williams score in a film for example

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FF 12 is one of my best final fantasies

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

That cartoon child is wearing a very short skirt

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

World of final fantasy looks like childish garbage

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Stoat posted:

5. The game blows it's Florence and the Machine wad almost instantly

What does this mean

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

Welp, turns out my PS2 slim just has trouble reading discs while laying flat. I put it on its side and it runs fine.

my very first ps1 would only play games if it was upside down

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Final Fantasy 15 is a bad game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

drat they better not gently caress this up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cleretic posted:

But this fills me with the opposite of confidence, because that sure as hell doesn't look anything like the original game's mechanics, and if they aren't even trying to be faithful to that what's the goddamn point.

You could always play, yknow, the original if you wanted something faithful to the original

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

Should I just skip side quests on ff15? They're dull and don't seem that rewarding, outside of hunts and cids upgrades.

You should skip the whole game because it's really bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I played ff3 on the ds and thought it was cool and good and got all the way to the end and died fighting a boss in the final dungeon and when it i found myself back at the start of the dungeon I put it down and never played it again

But it was cool and good up til that point

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FFXV has like three maybe four songs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I have the soundtrack and there's like 90 on there and still a bunch missing so you continue to be the champion of wrong things

I was being generous earlier. The swelling one someone mentioned earlier is the only one I can remember. Im assuming there was also a battle theme and maybe a dungeon theme?? Oh and the chocobo theme. That's four.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

XV was so insanely easy that it was literally impossible to die so none of the fights had any sense of urgency or danger so they just became boring slogs since the outcome was inevitable

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FF3 DS is only the third worst FF at worst

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

Constantly Posting How Much I Hate Final Fantasy XV: My Posting Brand

It's weird how nobody can come up with reasons why they think it's good other than its a "solid, but flawed game" which doesn't make any sense in this poster's opinion

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The GIG posted:

Lots of people have in fact come up with reasons why they think its good.

If this is true they haven't shared them with me

Tae posted:

Isn't he the guy that played 90 hours and went "Guys, I don't think this is for me"

I finished the game at 47 hours, although a not insignificant portion of that time was spent with the game paused while I was making and having dinner. 😰

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

some guy on the bus posted:

Have you seen Cindy?

Yeah Cindy was my first complaint about the game. Should have realised how much it set the tone for what was to follow

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Idk i didn't really like 13 when it first came out but I played it as far as I could until I hit a brick wall

I tried playing it again a couple years ago after having "got" the battle system but every fight was still a boring repetitive slog and I was running from most encounters until my ps3 died and saved me the trouble of playing the game further

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It's a sign that it would be a fun game that doesn't take itself too seriously, yeah. You probably also didn't like when the cast posed for pictures.

How many women do you know that look favourably on Cindy's portrayal in the game?

But you're right, I didn't like when the cast posed for pictures because I didn't like any of the cast. But that doesn't have anything to do with the embarrassment that is Cindy; the game literally gives you no reason to like any of the cast.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Why is she an embarrassment? Because she has boobs? Stop body shaming and sex shaming.

You can't body shame a fictional character you idiot, she doesn't have feelings

I'm sorry I insulted your waifu

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I found it funny. I took it as humor. It's not like like she's the only woman in the game. It's not that big of a deal.

Actually it is a big deal. The fact that you can't see that is quite telling

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

What's your favorite Anita Sarkeesian video?

Im only vaguely aware of who that is

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It sounds like you just don't like final fantasies, maybe you should try a game more your speed like call of battlehalo

I like final fantasy very much I just can't say I'm much of a fan of the direction the franchise has been heading since the past two instalments

I can't really fault 13 for its battle system. I think 13 is a fine game but for whatever reason I didn't find anything it offered particularly compelling. For what 13 does it does competently and without any of the glaring flaws that 15 has

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ive paid one tales game and it was a ps1 game and all I can really remmeber was the main character had big poofy blond 80s anime hair and the sprites had really huge heads I think

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Are you massively obese?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I think making FF7R an action rpg is definitely the way to go, just as long as the combat doesn't have much to do with the horrible mess that was FFXV's combat

For it to work at all I think they need to sort out the problem of how you meaningfully control multiple party members in an action rpg. FFXV fails miserably at this. FFXII works, but only just, and only by way of covering up the problem rather than solving it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'd like to see a FF6 remake in the vein of FF4DS with voice acting and all

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Not having aeris die sounds dumb as hell. loving fan fiction level poo poo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FF12 was the last good FF

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

They should just make FF7:GTA Midgar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FF4 was my first

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FF4 was my first ff. First actual rpg would have been Mission Thunderbolt

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Spirits Within was really cool and good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Catberry posted:

When it comes to re-translations. When people re-translate games like FF7 I feel what A Star Wars fan must feel whenever Lucas adds more CGI to the original trilogy. Yeah FF7 was awkward but you come to expect certain lines at certain points and them not being there makes things feel less magical.

This isn't even anywhere close to being an accurate analogy

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The only thing i worry about regarding an ff7 re-translation is that its still gonna be bad but for completely different reasons.

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 15, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The GIG posted:

Believe it or not other black celebrities were prominent during that time.

Who loving cares.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I do. Nobody has actually explained "how does this guy look like Mr T" despite getting heated and angry about how he looks exacty like Mr T. It should be a fairly simple explanation and instead I get told that apparently Barret has a mohawk.

It's also worth noting that when they remade Barret in a more realistic style we got

Well idk about any of that but 12 year old me didn't know the names of all these "other prominent black celebrities of the time" so I definitely renamed Barret 'Mr. T' on my first playthrough after watching my mate play the game despite to this day having never seen an episode of The A-Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Catberry posted:

I remember the friend who introduced me to FF7. He named cloud "Jordan" and then Barret "Rodman" and Tifa "Rodmans wife" (go figure a 12 year old interpreting relationships)

Lmao this is really good