Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I just found out about the 13 day time limit thing in 13-3 and how it's being compared to Majora's Mask. I hated that mechanic in that game and I have a feeling it's gonna seriously turn me off on this :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

So if a whole day in XIII-3 is 24 hours, you have at least 168, up to 312 hours to burn in the game. Considering I was able to do nearly everything in XII in about 80, this makes me far less worried about the time limit.

24 in game hours. They haven't decided on real time yet but are thinking around 2 hours a day.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I started 13-2 right after beating 13 and never finished it because I burned out but drat I guess I missed a lot because this story has gone off the rails.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Rueish posted:

The ending to 13-2 is pretty incredible and really sets the tone for Lightning Returns.

I'll get back to it eventually, maybe next year. The problem is I'm one of those people that will have to start over after not playing it for a while.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

All this talk about FF12 made me pop the game in my PS2. I haven't played it since it came out because I hated the combat (and it was coming off of 10 which I thought had the best combat of any Final Fantasy) but I beat 13 this year after hating that at release too and thought I should give this another chance. Well I just wanted to say gently caress these backwards rear end camera controls this is gonna bother me forever :mad:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

PC emulation an option? I flipped the behavior of the right stick on mine.

My shitbox doesn't do too well with PS2 emulation. A few 2D games work alright but that's about it. I'll get used to it eventually probably but it really makes no sense not to have an option to uninvert it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

What about Kingdom Hearts?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I just found out about Lightning's boob job for FF13-3. Goddamit Japan I liked her before when she was just a cool soldier...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I will point out that Final Fantasy XIII was released with an Easy Mode in Japan due to complaints over its difficulty and even people in the US complained about its difficulty/unfair bosses/whatever.

The sweet spot for you is not necessarily the sweet spot for the casual RPG crowd who very often will not interact with any mechanic beyond the absolute most basic.

I don't understand how this is possible because I'm loving terrible at JRPGs and not only did I beat 13 but I loving steamrolled the final boss.