Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

He hasn't started playing yet though. It's been looping the title screen for almost an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

quote:

@Gyoru can now use the Wind Job 'Thief'. No passage will remain hidden!

Time to power up that Chicken Knife. At least I got Red Mage for my Water job.

Raiad posted:

One thing, did other people not get the notice for the Water job? Under the players list I can see it (Blue mage!), but I was wondering if other people had to check like that, or if the message took a while to get.
I didn't get a Water reply from the twitter bot yet, but the site updated. Might be getting overloaded.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Just finished Archeoaevis with a party of RDM/THF/BRD/RDM let's see what my final job is...

quote:

@Gyoru can now use the Earth Job 'Dragoon'. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No. It is neither.
Oh. :geno:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress you Neo Exdeath I jumped your face off. :mad:

Thief/Red Mage/Bard/Dragoon
:farisdealwithit:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Also, was 4 Heroes of Light any good? It looked like it had the job system, but it looked pretty silly-looking/childish. How's the difficulty?
If you have Archives, here's the original thread about it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3355514

The original thread posted:

Isn't this babbies first Final Fantasy/jRPG? No manual targeting, inventory limits, streamlining, my world is ending
No. Bosses and even random encounters will kick your teeth in if you are not adequately prepared. There is no real hand holding. Don't be surprised if you get confused about where to go next. Talk to townsfolk to find out where to go.
Here's the old Gametrailers preview that goes over how the game handles: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-final-fantasy/705086

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Mill Village posted:

I'm playing FF XII IZJS again, and I'm really unsure about my jobs now. There's so many different teams that work that I just can't decide on one. This is what I have right now:

Vaan- Hunter
Balthier- Knight
Fran- Red Mage
Basch- White Mage
Penelo- Black Mage
Ashe- Samurai

I keep thinking I'm going to regret making Basch a White Mage and Vaan a Hunter. I also feel like I need a Time Mage, but their lack of offensive options makes me unsure.
I used these classes in my most recent playthrough.

Party 1:
Vaan - Monk
Basch - Archer
Penelo - Red Mage

Party 2:
Balthier - Hunter
Ashe - Samurai
Fran - White Mage

When choosing classes, you want to separate everyone into 2 balanced parties. Both parties can hit Flying enemies and have access to some form of Black and White Magic. The only class I would avoid is the Machinist. They're only useful in low level challenge playthroughs.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

World of Final Fantasy is Pure and Good

https://my.mixtape.moe/mfkhnj.webm

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress all these mandatory minigame interventions in Chapter 21. You can skip playing them, but some rewards are locked behind doing them successfully and/or meeting certain conditions.

The Figaro lovely-Battleship one: you need to clear it in less than 20 turns without losing a single ally to unlock Maduin's memento for Titan. It might only count for the first attempt because I've definitely done it on a post-completion run, but it didn't unlock the memento.

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Sefal posted:

I'm getting FF12 zodiac delivered today. Before I start. What were the best jobs for each party member?

Corvinus posted:

Dual jobs diminish the value of base stats, but weapon animation speeds can still matter quite a bit in certain cases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rBpOmegCizn3KOPwrKvC5yipu9Yfh0IZ6YE-mh_e59g/edit?usp=sharing has a bunch of sample job combos and reference data (including animation speed).

The main story isn't that difficult so you don't need to min/max jobs if you don't want.

Vaan: Best average stats and can do any job well. Tied for highest STR with Basch
Balthier: Tied for lowest MAG with Basch. Second highest STR.
Fran: Below average stats across the board aside from VIT ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Basch: Highest HP and STR with the lowest MAG
Ashe: Highest MAG and STR of the females
Penelo: Second highest MAG

The three male characters have the fastest physical attack animation speeds. Weapon combos are a huge source of physical damage mid-late game so the faster a character finishes a combo, the better. Hunters (IZJS: Shikari), Knights, Bushi (IZJS: Samurai) and Monks are all combo weapon reliant for damage. Ashe is not a great Bushi despite her balanced stats due to her poor katana animation speed.

There's a list of the best job combos on gamefaqs: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 10, 2017