Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

ApplesandOranges posted:

The autosave didn't exist in the DS version, it's something they added for the iOS port.

So now imagine that 2-hour final dungeon without any save points.

I recently played it for the first time - did the 2 hour dungeon and got to the final boss, without realizing he's impossible unless you beat the other side-bosses along the side-paths. There goes 2 hours of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

The GIG posted:

Noct putting the veggies on someone else's tray is the most childish thing and it's so good.

Is this in the demo or a trailer? I haven't done the demo yet but I've watched the trailers I've found and I didn't see it

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

The GIG posted:

It's in the first episode of the prequel anime they just released.

Ah that's why I missed it.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

I renamed Cloud to Zack because that was my best friends name and that's what I did with FF games. It led to an extremely confusing first playthrough.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Interesting images have hit the internet. Keep your salt shakers handy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/4drqmp/

Some dude is gonna get hunted down and fired hardcore for this, at the very least. You don't do stuff like that, especially if you don't even work for the publisher

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Electric Phantasm posted:

With regards to the rumored delay, remember the fake out date?

Someone edit this so it scrolls the 30 up to 29 instead of the Nov to Sept.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

The first one's battle conditions can be beyond bullshit, IIRC. One time it was something like "Don't use Attack"

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Just finished the Tower of Babil in ff4, I forgot how many characters die in this game. The writing and story certainly don't linger on any given death though. Pretty annoying that the equipment on a character leaves when they leave the party.

I would give anything for a GoT-style series based on Final Fantasy IV. There's so many moments that would be so epic, and no one is safe except Cecil, basically, so you get that same GoT feeling.

edit:
Season 1- Beginning through becoming a Paladin
Season 2- Paladin through Rydia returning to save them while Golbez gets the crystal from the Dwarves
Season 3- That through Kain betraying you again, helping Golbez get the last crystal
Season 4- Moon poo poo

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 21, 2016

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Voice Acting talk:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/10/22/498954253/voice-actors-strike-against-video-game-companies

Also, coming from a game developer, it's entirely possible to be both low-budget and have high-quality voice acting if your publisher budgets them separately. Or if you're given a set budget with a mandate to have full loc VO, which eats up a large chunk of said budget.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

What's the verbal tic Tama uses in Japanese? I'm curious.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

corn in the bible posted:

by sheer coinidence i named Frog Glenn when i played chrono trigger for the first time and i got real confused

My best friend's name was Zack when FFVII came out and we played together - named Cloud "Zack".

We were confused as gently caress.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

How do you transfigure? I moved across the board and unlocked the node but I don't know what to do to actually transform. I selected the next-level version and press "activate" but it gives me a "no" sound with no other feedback.

Have I just not unlocked transfiguration through story yet?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

thorsilver posted:

There's frame drops in Cornelia and some other towns, but the framerate in battle and cutscenes is absolutely fine and it looks pretty top-notch for a Vita game. In short, it's good and I highly recommend it as a great game to have on a portable.

Please stop telling people about the Vita version when you haven't played the Vita version

I'm playing both PS4 and Vita - PS4 when I'm at home and Vita on the train and the Vita version absolutely has a lower framerate everywhere, and there's a slight hang (half a second to a second) at the start of pretty much every battle before the character animations start.

Overall it's not unplayable and if you're only playing Vita and not PS4 also, you probably wont be bothered by it but when you're swapping back and forth between them, it's absolutely noticable.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

thorsilver posted:

edit: I guess that's pretty much the same thing you were saying really :v:

Yeah pretty much. Totally playable just not without its flaws, which is to be expected.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

FFRK is the only free-to-play game I've played that's done right. Never felt a paywall at all.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

ApplesandOranges posted:

If they make a WoFF 2, I really hope they polish the gameplay at least, like giving us a third stack, or little things like making it easier to level new Mirages.

:confused:

It's pretty easy to level new Mirages - I think anyone with you gets the same amount of XP so just put them in your party (not even your stack) and they level up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think the game says that they get reduced EXP if not in a stack but they still get enough to get a good amount of levels from level 1 and become usable enough to actually be in a stack after that.

Also there's a WoFF thread now and people are still talking about WoFF here. Organization has failed us.

The game says they get 8% which is 1/12 and you can have 12 on your team so I assumed it was distributed evenly. I could be wrong.