Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I made Galuf a barehanded Berserker ever since he got the Monk job and I haven't changed him around since. Am I the only person who does that every time? :v: I think him being initially unarmed is what procs that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It sure as hell is hilarious if you're not the one doing it, though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

From what I've seen of it in Theatrhythm, the music is pretty good. Very Star Wars-y though, and I wouldn't say it's as "catchy" as other games' music.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ImpAtom posted:

She turns into a pseudo-naked pink furry.

So does Zidane :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dissidia Terra is intolerable. I mean, it's fine if she's meant to be somewhat emotionally damaged and insecure - but the execution in Dissidia and Duodecim is hair-pullingly dumb. If they could just adjust her personality to move away from the "kyaa I don't want to hurt you I'm so messed up let me curl into a ball right here :negative:" stupidity, it wouldn't be so bad.

Gaseous Snake posted:

It was pretty lame that they had Terra all :ohdear: throughout the whole thing. It's been a long time since I played VI but she got it together near the end right? I was kinda hoping she'd show that. At least a little.

Ostensibly DFF has all the characters taken out from some random point in their timeline, so it could be before that. But it's still dumb.

Anyway let's relax with some Battle on the Big Bridge. :dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxllTHj5zRI

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 28, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I kinda want to see a game detailing what happened when Jenova ended up on earth. It could be some horror game like Silent Hill or something given how much her backstory resembles The Thing. Am I alone in thinking that?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ImpAtom posted:

It'd basically be Chrono Trigger.

Holy poo poo :psypop: It makes so much sense!

Also I read Hoshi wo Meguru Otome and now I'm imagining an ethereal Aerith sorting out leftover souls' problems like some sort of metaphysical psychologist. It's a funny image.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 28, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If they ever make a Final Fantasy 7 movie, they need to cast Robert Downey Jr. as Reeve.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 29, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think what 9 was trying to do was to be a love letter to the "older" games, i.e. "not 7 and 8".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I made Galuf a monk-berserker the entire time he was in my party. :downs: He starts off using only his fists, why not have him use them forever!?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

People are saying that the Quest 64 battle music sounds like the FF7 battle music. I don't hear it personally, what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAU4Ww6kKqI

Incidentally, Quest 64 not being a better game is one of the biggest tragedies of the N64.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rodbeard posted:

I loved quest 64. I just wish they had finished it. Most of the magicians you meet during the game were supposed to be party members.

I'd finish it if I had any programming, art, or game design experience at all :unsmigghh:

Which is to say in my loving dreams.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Leovinus posted:

It's just that one repeated riff. The rest of the track doesn't really match up at all, even the riff is used differently.

I can never play Quest 64 now though, because my brain will fill in the FF7 battle theme after that riff.

I played Quest 64 wayyyyyy long before I ever played FF7. It's the other way around for me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does the double-strength thing count for items used on other members? I don't remember being able to do that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does FJF have a signup sheet or sth? Edit also gently caress you Neo Shinryuu.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 2, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm tempted to go through FFV again with the Job Fiesta and a list of blue magic/missables so I don't gently caress anything up again. gently caress you, Neo Shinryuu. :colbert:

edit: My first job was Thief, does that mean I will get two Jobs as of tweeting #wind at Gilgabot or can I only use Thief until the Water crystal?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 2, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

"Until all four classes are unlocked, players are only permitted to use the classes they have currently unlocked."

Does this mean that I can change classes at will once I get to the fourth crystal, or is it still the 4 permutations thing?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How does FJF work whenever you have less than 4 people in the party?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Manticore is destroying my team. :( Any tips?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Well, I managed to get him down through pure damage dealing (pain in the rear end), but I'm Thief/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Chemist. I'm not too great at figuring out the synergy between these classes, but I'm doing alright so far.

edit: gently caress me I lost my save and got booted back before Archaeoaevis :shepicide:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 4, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a good way to AP farm once you've gotten into World 2?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I didn't really like 4 and dropped it once i hit the Magus Sisters. I tend to like the odd numbered Fantasies moreso than the evens (6 is an exception and I really did not like 8). 5, 7 and 9 just have really fun systems and characters.

Idioteque Dance posted:

FF7 works great on the Nexus 7 too :)

Say what? FF7 on Android? Hot drat, I knew there was a reason I got one. Where can I find out more about this?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 4, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Doesn't Throw work off your magic stat? I have it on Chemist Lenna to take advantage of her magic, but maybe that doesn't make sense.

And yes, I am really glad to have Thief Faris. Genji Gear, here I come :dance:

Doesn't Mug mean I lose out on Mix or other abilities? Or does it eventually replace Steal?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Since I never went after them before, I think I'll tackle Omega II and Neo Shinryu as well.

I have !Mix on Thief Faris. That leaves Lenna free to use !Throw (magic stat etc.) but I'm not sure if I should replace it with one of the other skills.

edit: This guide? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MrmmtZPyCJnRL8ecIp5LOwhDnb_9FLeFQNjOzyVI-R8/edit?pli=1 or another?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 4, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fister Roboto posted:

Mug is its own ability, meaning if you equip it on a thief, he'll have both Steal and Mug. It's really not worth it because 99% of the time you DON'T want to do damage to what you're stealing from.

Well, the idea would be that I could bypass the Chicken Knife's gimmick by using it...but doesn't dual-wielding it in the left hand do the same? Or am I wrong?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ugg :negative: I've been trying to steal a Twin Lance in the Bal basement but oh my god none of them ever have it. That or I'm getting frustrated and just jamming needles into them once my HP goes down.

edit: and of course right after i post this i get one :cripes:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 4, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I got two of them, eventually.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How should I do the Magic/Phys towers? Ninja/Chemist and Thief/MK?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fungah! posted:

Doesn't matter too much, Chemist and one of your attackers for the magic tower and the other two for the physical tower. e:Minotaur's a joke and as long as you mix a Bacchus' Wine or a Blessed Kiss on Omniscient, so's he.

Using an MK in the Magic Tower...attacking gets me exiled. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or should I just say gently caress it and run?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Paraphrased posted:

The Holy power of white magic...
It's time you had a taste of it!

[HOLY]

Not enough MP.

Victory!

:woop: Now for the other fucker.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wendell posted:

Has there been any word on whether this FFVII release has a new translation? This is the weirdest, least reported on re-release I've ever seen, and I'm not touching it without a new translation.

The PC version had a different, less retarded translation compared to the PSX version, which I remember being alright. It did, however, have creepy open mouths on everyone. :gonk:

But yeah, this re-release is kind of strange, even if we still don't know much about it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress that self-reviving trio. Time to go get a magic lamp. :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Man it sucks that I can only equip like three of the holy weapons near the endgame. :smith:

I can't use Excalibur or Masamune. I wanted to use them, dammit. How come MK can't equip them!?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've been curious about trying out FFXI recently, but I think I only have Silver LIVE. If that's okay, then I wonder if there's a downloadable demo for the 360 out :shobon:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Twintania is kicking my rear end. :( His MT attacks are way way way too powerful. Is there any way to fend them off?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fister Roboto posted:

When he starts charging up Gigaflare, he's vulnerable to instant death attacks.

Coo coo, I managed to get him :) Now to hunt down some Movers...

edit: NEO EXDEAAAAATH :byodood:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 8, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Victoly!

Phew. Now I can finally stop playing this drat game!

edit for strategy: Buffing during the tree phase is exactly what I did. Got Krile and Bartz up to like level 130 and doubled everyone's HP. Neo Exdeath went down pretty easy after that.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 8, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Please don't play MMOs for the story. Content yourself with Shantotto's Dissidia storyline.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Subaseka refers specifically to TWEWY, so it's that at the very least. Likely an announcement of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Now now, they rerelease FF7PC with a wonderful :effort: update thrown in. Do you still have to be online to load/save your game as well?

I'm still pissed about this.