Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

OatmealRaisin posted:

VIII has always been one of my favorites. It's just so easy to break into a million pieces in all the best ways.

I also like X, don't care for IX, and have all kinds of other bad opinions.

I too have similarly bad opinions about Final Fantasy games! VIII was also one of my favorites, and most of the complaints seemed to revolve around the grind to game the systems which was 1.) completely unecessary and 2.) could also be gamed. I really liked the setting, the characters, and just the general story - even though nearly all of it was relentlessly silly and made basically no sense at all. Squall, although cliche in every single way, was just a hilarious anti-hero and a change of pace from previous FF titles. You saw some of this with Cloud, although later in the story be becomes extremely emotional and invested in the events that surround him. Squall just couldn't care less throughout the whole thing, he just wanted to get his dick wet and get this stupid poo poo over with. The ending was legitimately funny.

I never made it through IX. It was just...boring. The characters were dull, I hated the art style, and I think something was missing in the English translation. I really hated the item-skill system.

I spent waaay too much time grinding poo poo out in VII. I still have a PS1 memory card kicking around with something like 160 hours on 1 save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU