Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

Relm, Strago, Cyan, and Locke, no espers

That party still owns because Locke will 1 shot anything with Valiant Knife and Ultima Weapon, Strago's lores are decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Once that FF5 remake is inevitably ported to Vita, I'll bite on it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

This dude has gotten his hands on Lightning Returns and is streaming it. He's playing on Easy.

The misogyny and racism in this stream's comments is just :smith:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Too lazy to skim huge thread

Is Dimensions worth paying the price of entry? The free chapter was kinda fun but felt deprived of alot.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Vil posted:

I actually wrote one up a while back for breaking the game efficiently (this means skipping "early but too loving tedious to justify it" poo poo like disc 1 Lion Heart). I'll PM it to you.

can you PM me this too? I'm running through this again for my next bus to work game

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got a Break Damage Limit for Rikku which is about the least useful thing I could have got but oh well.

I beat the game and did all the slogging years ago and Rikku was far and away the first to 99999 and the fastest death train with Mix, overpowered as poo poo.

This time around, she's the first overpowered character again. Rikku owns :getin:

Only difference this time was not spending 40 goddamn hours grinding in Omega Ruins for AP. Back in 02 I never know about the King Cactuar AP grinding, and now I'll probably max the grid around 70 hours. PS2 era, it took me 120 hours to max the grid.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oh yeah Mix is awesome but Rikku's celestial weapon is the easiest to get, assembling your own is not needed.

Oh, I misread. Yea, getting one of those is kinda :flaccid:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
While on FFX endgame chat, is it worth it to bribe Ultima Weapon? Doesn't really feel like it unless there's something I can abuse in Monster Arena?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

If you really want Master Thief for free you can get it from the remiem chocobo races.

Fair enough. Gonna go steal from then 2 shot Ultima with Rikku then :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is ffx-2 as easy to break over my knee as ffx is? I'm gonna be starting that soon and never beat it on PS2, I got to Chapter 5 and then went off to other things.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
goddamnit the last Al Bhed Primer I need, was missed in Besaid.

Time to Quick Hit cheese Dark Valefor I guess then?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

keiran_helcyan posted:

You can merge your Al Bhed primers across multiple saves with the Al Bhed compilation spheres.

So you can either restart your game, or use an early game save point to pick up that one Al Bhed primer you missed, save the game, and then compile a complete dictionary between the two saves.

I rolled the bones, paid Yojimbo a million gil (on my 4th time summoning him) and he Zanmato'd it, first encounter :haw:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Don't know how I did it so easy in 02, but finally loving got Catcher Chocobo and lightning dodging. Now to just grind out the sphere grid, Zanmato some superbosses and this plat is mine.

Then I get to plat FFX-2 :shepface:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dodging the lightning is way, way easier on the Vita than on a TV. On my TV i'd gently caress up around 10 to 15 in everytime, and on my Vita I got it one shot.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Up to 89 hours and i just don't think I can stomach maxing out the Sphere Grid seven goddamn times. I think i'm gonna just beat this fucker and move on, it's just not worth it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Are we really waiting until 20goddamn16 for Bravely Second?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Unless you're a completionist there is absolutely no reason to get it. There are no enemies worth using it on before you lose the character.

Demon Wall is annoying but for the grinding to get it hes a pushover at that point:colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrAristocrates posted:

I managed to get it to hit the majority of the time using the time-honored strategy of "Grand Summon + all of my money"

Grand Summon + 65536 gil gets it for me everytime

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

At least you didn't spend 40bux on the HD version because of this thread!

But you should because its worth it.

Hope the sales were good enough for FF12 HD in 3 years. :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So I spent a few bucks on component cables for my PS2, and despite FF12 not supporting 480p, it still looks drat fine on my smaller LCD TV, and I've spent nearly 15 hours the last 3 days playing it.

Really hope this gets an HD paint job, it really is a pretty game, and a refreshing change of pace.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So I thought I'd finally beat FF2 and got the PSP version.

I...think i overleveled a bit. I was using Minwu's Teleport spell to grind stats off Captains in Fynn and now im just going to Salamand and my guys all have 2500 hp and near max magic and weapon stats.

When will I see challenge?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Waldean posted:

FF2 PSP is not a difficult game.

Kinda learning that, but it's not un-fun either. I tried it years ago on the NES rom and it was just poo poo poo poo poo poo

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Himuro posted:

Despite the characters not all being of age, I still really liked XII's cast. Even though she's a teenager, Ashe doesn't ACT like a teenager.

Basch is 36 and is the main character :colbert:

gently caress Vaan

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Himuro posted:

So if SE made more mobile efforts for the FF franchise, what would guys like to see?

nothing they should just take the franchise behind the woodshed at this point. Mobile gaming is terrible and it's just sad to see Square embrace it so mucb because Japan eats that poo poo up.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Prowler posted:

Why do people keep assuming that it's going to be on Steam in a way that's natively playable?

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/square-enix-announces-dive-stream-final-fantasy-xiii-mobile-devices

I assume it's coming to Steam because they reference both steam, and their streaming service separately in the image.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Curtain Call got me interested enough to pick Crisis Core back up, I don't love the game and wish it gave you more freedom of movement/cool ways to combo, but daaaaamn that ending nails it.

...Now the question is, do I pluck Dirge of Cerberus out of my PS2 drawer and give that a chance? I've never tried it, and it obviously has something of a reputation, but is it more "narmy story, weird gameplay" or "aggressively unfun to play"? Like, I suck at shooters, but I've played and enjoyed a few (like Gungrave) and if there's at least SOMETHING redeeming there I'll try it out.

it's really bad and it was a horrible slog years ago when it came out, in my opinion.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
FF2 is such a bad, bad game.

I can't bring myself to finish it on my PSP. I'm up to the Deist cave, and the slog finally got to me. Every fight is an ambush, the mechanics are just so broken. There is zero fun. All my dudes have 4kish HP, wreck things with their fists, but its just so bad.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

FF1-6 are all in the same universe too, thanks to The After Years.

TAY can just be collectively ignored

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm honestly surprised Square hasnt ported the 13 trilogy to PS4/Boner yet.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
FF13 plot in a tl;dr format:

Nothing makes any loving sense and you're just along for the ride.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Add PS4 to the platforms that FFX-FFX2 HD is on

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ghido best turtle

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got to sink some time into Lightning Returns today, and man, this is actually A Good Game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
the FF15 english voices sounded fine, but apparently the internet is sperging over it

:byodood: - BETTER HAVE JAPANESE OPTION OR BOYCOTT

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lightning doesn't lose it she just doesn't need it.

This is a good post.

Lightning Returns is probably the best Final Fantasy game in years. Game loving owns.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

FFD is a decent game. Story isn't awful but meh, characters are meh with the exception of a few, for better (Aigis) or worse (gently caress Alba), gameplay is good in the context of Final Fantasy's. I think I gave it a 6/10, and I'll stand by that, maybe a 5/10.

If it was on Vita it would probably be much more tolerable. I got through about 9 hours of it, upgraded my phone and then found out square didnt put in the ability to migrate saves :effort:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Project Z will be something disappointing and stupid as hell, calling it now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
still wanna see the XIII trilogy on PS4 to play Lightning Returns with a good framerate

gently caress playing it on PC

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

deadlyrhetoric posted:

what is wrong with it on PC?

It's not hooked up to my 60" tv in the living room, DS4 is a pain in the rear end to make work on PC and not even sure it works wirelessly, i dont want to move my pc into the living room, etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

deadlyrhetoric posted:

well, with that attitude !

I know right, console privilege