Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

this is incredibly dumb, but wow, literally the whole time i've been on SA i thought this was referencing some kind of lightsaber onomatopoeia

in retrospect, i have no idea why i thought that. maybe the figure 8 loop made me think of somebody making the noise with their mouth while waving a toy around

:wom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Solovey posted:

this is incredibly dumb, but wow, literally the whole time i've been on SA i thought this was referencing some kind of lightsaber onomatopoeia

in retrospect, i have no idea why i thought that. maybe the figure 8 loop made me think of somebody making the noise with their mouth while waving a toy around

:wom:

I did know what it was a reference to but I've always heard that exact sound looking at it so it's not just you

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think I actually posted in that thread!!
Different account obv...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

small ghost posted:

I did know what it was a reference to but I've always heard that exact sound looking at it so it's not just you

what else could it be?

(I’m not clicking to find out. I’m fine. All good here, thanks.)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Powered Descent posted:

Has there ever been a case of someone waiting out a 100k-hour probe and then posting again? That's only eleven and a half years or so, so there's been plenty of time for it since The Beginning.

I think I remember someone (glistening hodor maybe?) Getting a 100k reversed and coming back after a few years, but I'm not aware of anyone posting again after the full 11.5 years.

Worth noting the only reason Abe upgraded them to a perma is they kept closing and reopening their awful thread while probed, which is apparently a thing you can do.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Nooner got a 100k reversed I'm p sure.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

what else could it be?

(I’m not clicking to find out. I’m fine. All good here, thanks.)
Somebody put "wom" at the end of a thread title and, to the best of my knowledge, never explained it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think I remember someone (glistening hodor maybe?) Getting a 100k reversed and coming back after a few years, but I'm not aware of anyone posting again after the full 11.5 years.

Worth noting the only reason Abe upgraded them to a perma is they kept closing and reopening their awful thread while probed, which is apparently a thing you can do.

Hodor's was from a gbs thread where he specifically got like 3 years and had to pm a mod when they were up. I was impressed he followed through.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I swore someone came back after a 11yr probe and made an thread about it; I want to say it was in ask/tell, maybe?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zereth posted:

Somebody put "wom" at the end of a thread title and, to the best of my knowledge, never explained it
...Isn't that just "eom" (end of message) but typoed? Was the first post blank aside from the title?

no you know what I don't want to go down this rabbit hole forget I said anything

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...Isn't that just "eom" (end of message) but typoed? Was the first post blank aside from the title?

no you know what I don't want to go down this rabbit hole forget I said anything

Nope, there was body text in the first post, it’s not that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wom is a funny word to say.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dubstep tribute thread.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
IIRC wom was a typo in a thread title but then the original poster got some forums friends to try and turn it into a thing. There was an admission somewheres after the fact.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I think I remember it being that the title got cut off or something, and he left it because this was the time when getting a popular GBS thread was considered an important part of life.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I mean, the dude's post about it is in the SAclopedia entry.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

White Out Mouse? Haven’t seen him in a few years no?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just now realized in another thread that newbie.gif had changed from the "Trump Lover" to some dude getting hit with a boxing glove. I've seen it before, but thought it was just someone's custom avatar until I saw two users post in a row with it.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
What's the story behind the I WANT NOTHING gangtag?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Donald Trump had a prepared script for one of his impeachment hearings about the Ukraine call, which turned out to be just a handful of blanket denials scribbled in a big child-like hand with "I want nothing. I WANT NOTHING." repeated at the top for emphasis.

There's a Pratchett novel where one character has a :wom: tattoo and he explains that "It was supposed to say 'mom,' but I passed out halfway through and the tattoo artist was too drunk to notice." I always assumed it was a reference to that or whatever original joke that one referenced.

R:

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Feb 21, 2020

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Thanks!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Is there a story behind :bagl:? I ask because I really like :bagl:, much as I really like bagels, and it could stand on its own, alone and unjustified, needing no support, but it could also be a gateway to so much more.

Apologies if the baglstory was told in recent memory within this thread.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I choose to believe that it is a Community reference.

Brita, you're the worst!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vavrek posted:

Is there a story behind :bagl:? I ask because I really like :bagl:, much as I really like bagels, and it could stand on its own, alone and unjustified, needing no support, but it could also be a gateway to so much more.

:bagl: was bought in the 2016 bernie thread.

stands for bust a gut laughing

but also that bagels are indeed delicious.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

sneakyfrog posted:

:bagl: was bought in the 2016 bernie thread.

stands for bust a gut laughing

but also that bagels are indeed delicious.

Stop trying to make "fe..." er "BAGL" happen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vavrek posted:

The Forbidden Smilie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Powered Descent posted:

Has there ever been a case of someone waiting out a 100k-hour probe and then posting again? That's only eleven and a half years or so, so there's been plenty of time for it since The Beginning.

Fishmech did before she got perma'd IIRC. Moght not have been 100k but I'm pretty sure it was really long

Improbable Lobster has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Mar 8, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m pretty sure I would have noticed if Fishmech had a posting gap of eleven years and five months.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Fishmech did before she got perma'd IIRC. Moght not have been 100k but I'm pretty sure it was really long

Fishmech never ate a 100k on that account but I don’t know about all the alts.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When did we get :corona: ? Any other new ones this year?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Grouchio posted:

When did we get :corona: ? Any other new ones this year?

We got that one in 2018, oddly :tinfoil:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SA smilies being ahead of time. Both the corona and ok boomer thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Please make this a thing:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grouchio posted:

Please make this a thing:

loving hell that is amazing. :stwoon:

(It's from the latest arc of Kill Six Billion Demons, link goes to the very first comic to save time.)

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

What does it convey?
I guess.... smug, in the vicinity of 6 billion demons?
I guess I have time to read it now.

Scarodactyl has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Mar 27, 2020

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That's Solomon David, the most smug man in the multiverse. (We need a Gog-Agog swoon.)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Scarodactyl posted:

What does it convey?
I guess.... smug, in the vicinity of 6 billion demons?
I guess I have time to read it now.

"i reached heaven by violence"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Neddy Seagoon posted:

loving hell that is amazing. :stwoon:

(It's from the latest arc of Kill Six Billion Demons, link goes to the very first comic to save time.)

Just started reading from this link, never heard of it until now. Is this a whole graphic novel or something and it’s on here free? My spending is cut to almost zero right now and I could use something like that.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's a webcomic that's entirely free online. If you got the time (which many people seem to have right now) it's a hell of a read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also don't skip the text beneath each comic, it's good poo poo.