Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Knowing the ENnies, probably something not nearly as good!

Yeah, it was No Thank You Evil, and as a person who DM'ed both I can confirm you as being 100% right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
According to Andy's Twitter, the superimposed person is the other individual, Matt, who helped translate the title into English. He couldn't be there to give to Jounichi.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thats awesome, but what won gold?

Also whats with the superimposed dude in the left corner?

Andy K was the only one present to receive the award along with the original author. Matt, who is working on Shinobigami right now, is pictured as a spooky ghost, as he was the other primary contributor to Ryuutama getting localized in English.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bendigeidfran posted:

Has there ever been a Crest of the Stars RPG? The setting seems tailor-made for it but I've never seen anything about one.

Moreso when space combat is largely played out on a 2 dimensional space. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been though.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Hey guys, my brother is working on an essay for college about the evolution of tabletop RPG gaming in Japan and how it influenced the development of RPG video games, anyone know any decent information sources on this as we're having limited success searching through the web.

Any help appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is anyone interested in buying a lot of Japanese TRPG books? I bought a ton before coming back from Japan, thinking I'd set up a group to translate/play them but I now have no time and they're honestly just collecting dust. I'd like to pass them on to someone who would get some use out of them. I have about 16 books of varying rarities and costs, but I'd like to sell them all together just so I can be done with it.

Continental US only please.

If anyone's interested in this kind of deal I'll start up a thread in SA Mart with photos and details. I'll probably be pricing the lot at 75% of the best price you could get the books used for off of Amazon.co.jp + shipping.

• Locked thread