Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
You do unless it says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Covok posted:

Out of curiosity, is anyone currently playing Tenra Bansho Zero?

Also, is LPPB the only scenario pre-made online?

I'm working on a scenario for my group right now.

And I'm pretty sure there are 4 or so pre-made scenarios around. Though I'm not sure which are from the KS.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Got any tips. This is turning into quite a bit of work. Though, it's worth noting, that I never plan so any planing is more than I'm used to. That and I made 6 pregens for players with story so that ended up being quite a bit of work.

I just think of a concept I think would make an interesting story, figure out how it starts, what I want the climax scene to be like, and which sorts of characters would and would not work well with it. I almost always have some sort of character creation restrictions in place. Nothing too constraining, but it helps keep things on track in the long run.

The middle scenes I write are very fluid. I'll usually make a rough outline of how things would ideally go, but individual scenes don't really get plotted out like in LBBP.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh that's another thing. Don't feel beholden to making the scenario 5 acts if your story can't sustain it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah. As long as you have that Zero Act you're all good!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

What I want to know about is Shinobigami. It's been a while since we've heard about even the rough draft of the rules.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Actually, the rough draft was sent to backers on may 3rd! Although they're calling it the Pre-Alpha Pre-Draft, and the email mentioned the real draft should be out in 4-6 weeks(from when the email was sent)

I'm not sure how I missed that. Thanks!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I generally write the Zero Act around the destiny since I'm going to be assigning it at the end of it anyway. And the other fates are usually generic enough that they don't really need writing around.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I tried to like Double Cross, but I just couldn't manage to. It was too crunchy for me to feel like I could make my story how I wanted to, rather than how DX wanted me to, and the translation was off/unclear enough to where I wasn't ever completely sure if we were playing the right way.

And yeah, too much reliance on every player needing to know the system pretty darn well, which would probably never happen with my group.

:shrug:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Did they update the text significantly since it came out? Because clear and concise are two words I definitely wouldn't describe those mechanics as at that point.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I really wish I enjoyed playing the game as much as I did making insane power combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure the lack of proofing played a large part in the rules being too confusing for me and my group.

• Locked thread