Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It was good, which is rare for a video game movie. My sister liked it and never played or watched me play a Yakuza game before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
There's no where to buy bait in Kamurocho in 3 right? I've been running back and forth from Public Market to Ryudo Family Office dropping off bait so I can finish off the dining stuff.

Dead Souls down to $47 now. Still gonna wait til it's ~$20

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Have to unlock the last two sidequests in 3 (batting cages and golf :smithicide:). The two things I'm terrible at.

Finished substories, IF7, Hitman, and Coliseum matches and the Amon story won't unlock :argh:

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 7, 2012

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fuzz posted:

I still don't even know how to play Mahjong.

Edit: Also the best part of the Yakuza movie was any part with Majima in it. Which isn't too different from the games.

I learned from playing FunTown Mahjong (which is like the only actual mahjong game you can find in the states).

But I'm pretty sure the rules in Yakuza 4 are a bit different (and I don't feel like memorizing the tiles anyway). It's a fun game nonetheless.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Seamless battles will be nice. It kind of does get annoying loading in and out of battles, or trying to ignore them if you don't have the item that takes them out of the world.

Thanks to whoever recommended watching The Yakuza Papers. I'm about to be on the last disc :( it's pretty good.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Static Rook posted:

Continuing my trophy clean up, I just finished all the substories last night and beat Amon. Now, THAT is a tough fight.

You can trivialize it by stocking everyone to the gills with HEAT items, but I guess that wouldn't be fun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If the last taxi battle isn't against Amon in an AE86 I will be disappointed.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Yechezkel posted:

Here is 17 minutes of gameplay from 4Gamer. Watch Kiryu do a strange dance at 13:00, intense air-hockey action at 13:40, a version of Boxcelios that looks kind of like Super Stardust at 14:30, and side-scrolling virtual fights at around 15:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95YmFjT1ll0

Sega :argh: I wanted to watch that!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That dance tells me in the next game Kiryu will be an air traffic controller.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

All I could think of is Downtown (oh man if they were special guest judges)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Karthe posted:

Thanks for this tip, I just turned ¥1,000,000 into ¥3,800,000 in about thirty seconds. Now, what's the fastest way from here to get ¥10,000,000 for the trophy? I'm going to abuse the rest of the gambling trinkets for now, hopefully that will be enough - I don't want to grind random encounters and police broadcasts for a few hours :suicide:

Edit: I just read that Tanimura has a substory that ends in a ¥3,000,000 payout?! Time to get some quality time in with the Parasite of Kamurocho.

Save before playing Baccarat and try getting a tie, then just reload if you don't.

So having received Dead Souls for Christmas I can't seem to download the Densetsu Pack from PSN. Has the download always been broken?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So on a scale of 1 to :argh:, how bad is Dead Souls Mode?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
How are you supposed to do this stupid turret part on Dead Souls Mode without getting annihilated, I never have enough health for the second Onraki. :argh:

Oh you have to aim a bit higher than you think to hit the weak spot.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 8, 2013

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I keep wondering how feasible it would be for Sega to do a localization Kickstarter or something like it. The game would have to be released digitally probably, but it's better than nothing.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm conflicted. KENZAN is cheap enough to import now, but not knowing a lick of Japanese I feel like I wouldn't really appreciate it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Captain Walker posted:

On a related note, I don't know if you can buy it anywhere but there's compilation album of the karaoke songs from 3 and 4 called Song of the Dragon :3:

It also has Majima's GET TO THE TOP. One of my favorite OSTs ever.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

Yeah, it's probably pretty boring unless you want a run to pink dots and fight people simulator.

Manly men fighting is a universal language. For ~$30 I'd run through it. I know there was an LP of KENZAN here but I'm not sure if it was ever finished.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Foam Monkey posted:

Mahjong why can't I quit you? This is terrible. I'm using my clear data to do nothing but play this. Although I have finally learned how to read those number tiles, so that's a good thing, right?

Funny enough, Yakuza is one of the only ways to play actual mahjong, aside from Funtown Mahjong, that I have found. I don't know why it's so hard to find proper standalone mahjong games, in the US, anyway.

I wish I could be bothered to memorize the tiles though. I too would probably do nothing but play it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Japanese Phone Box posted:

I'm trying to find copies of Yakuza 3 and 4 US... it's so hard to find them at a decent price for some reason, already settled for the UK copy of 3 which was literally a dollar though.

I remember trying to get the discount deal on 3 when 4 was out and you bought it through K-Mart. It was still hard to find back then.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So much for that summer release :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The only really bad part of Dead Souls is the vehicle part as Kiryu, and the forklift part when I was going through it on the hardest difficulty.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Really? I thought it was a nice change of pace and I didn't find it overly difficult. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've played it.

Pretty sure the forklift part was pure luck whether or not you got mobbed trying to move those cases (I think that's what you were doing) and the vehicle shooty part was bad because the hit box for the ogre things weak spot was really wonky.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

absolutely anything posted:

I spent five hours doing all the taxi stuff last night. I became the fastest uncle

Man this is Initial D as gently caress, although I don't think the series got that crazy.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Man you really do rake in the dough with Kiryu, haven't even finished up Part 1 and I already have Kamiyama Works at max level.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I beat down a bear with a scooter, and then I thrashed a group of thugs with a christmas tree while dressed as santa.

Tsukimino is annoying to navigate though...CROSSWALKS ONLY

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

El Hefe posted:

best Yakuza song is still Pure Love in Karumocho

I don't know, Rouge of Roooooove is pretty strong.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The "Running Girl" job is creepy, and I suck at the handshake events.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I like how easy the batting center stuff is with Shinada, except for the final mission, that might take a few tries.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Complaints I have about Y5

1.Millennium Tower doesn't explode
2. Final Chapter is super plot dump time and it felt like playing MGS4.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'd be cool to have a game where you play as Omi dudes, wanna play as Watase.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Can you not eat bait to lose health in 5? Or does it not work if you have the extra health bar?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yup, thanks.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Majima cloning facility. They put on some good karaoke shows.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I found Haruka's chapter the least fun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Explosive Tampons posted:

Man they really phoned in when they made haruka's jobs didn't they? What's with the running girl show?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I had a nail-biting almost controller destroying battle against Amon in Dead Souls, it came down to one last hit for each of us to be dead.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I saw the announcement on the facebook, so close and yet so far away.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hate the karaoke minigame, but saejima makes it so much better

Rouge of ROOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The first Yakuza game I'll be playing without getting the items you get for having previous games' saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Pre-order finally updated today, arriving on the 24th :woop:

• Locked thread