Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I am really glad I didn't pick up xenoblade chronicles before the date for this was announced. I am hyped as hell to play a ps3 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Can't you get US PlayStation cash cards from amazon to avoid the playasia markup?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wonder if they'll do something ridiculous like wait till December and then announce that it'll be out a week later

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That gun disarm :eyepop:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

This is it. This is the yakuza game I'll finally spend the time to learn mahjong in :toxx:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's good when balls go in the good hole and bad when they go in the bad hole at the bottom. Try to get most of your balls to land in the good hole.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

There was a cab driving mission where your fare was a foriegner and you had to tell them stuff about Japanese and translate stuff. That was a lot of guessing. Also I am loving Saejima's sub-stories a lot more than Kiryu's. A car crashed at a mall? FIGHT A BEAR. Plus brutalizing people to help the Little Match Girl, being a Battle Santa, all that.

When I got the westerner I thought it was going to be a slam dunk but instead I got them all wrong. I assume that in the original version he quizzes you on English instead.

Has anybody managed to beat the cop in the sports car? He is ridiculously fast and the regular trick of saving everything for the final lap doesn't work when he's got a solid lead on you for the whole race.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about her saying she's tired. After enough activities she'll leave on her own.

What was tripping me up with dates was her saying she's hungry and then she wouldn't eat when I went to restaurants. Ends up there's a specific food she's craving and won't eat until you find the right place where she says something like "that looks yummy!"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

For the manzai game I had no trouble figuring out what to say, I just couldn't get the timing down since its hard to figure out the rhythm of a conversation in a foreign language.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sounds accurate to really life pachinko/pachislo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shinada is cool but there's a couple of issues with him. His punches are super weak for how slow they are and most weapons, his so called speciality, pack an even weaker punch unless you want to have to keep repairing them which isn't very fun. Kiryu will always be the most fun to play as because the Tiger Drop is the best.

The sturdy weapons start doing decent damage once you get mastery up to 9 but thats a bit of a grind.

I beat the game last night, the final boss battles are all pretty cool except for Kanai. Why did that guy keep coming back? The cutscene afterwards with every yakuza in town bowing to Akiyama was great, but he definitely got the worst bossfight.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

There was one key I got as haruka because i was SURE you wouldn't go in that room as akiyama. It was an item I needed to give to kamiya to unlock something.

and then you can't even use that item in a new game plus because you can only transfer her items in the post game bonus round thing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

A couple Warning Signs makes it a lot easier. It also helps if you push the story until Tatsuya shows up for Akiyama.

I did all of his training before Akiyama's gourmet stuff and I really regret it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't mind the prison or the mountain, the only part of Saejima's story that I didn't like was his adventures in his imagination. Yes I know Hokkaido is going to be cool, let me actually visit it in person instead of hearing about this guy's date.

The mountain wouldn't be as tedious if the tutorial was shorter. You spend way too much time loving around the first couple areas and the faster running speed should have been the base from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think the best weapon for the weapon gp is the Kali sticks. The basic combo has full super armor and does a great job at stunlocking enemies. Shinada can easily clear it with his base proficiency.

• Locked thread