Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

jerichojx posted:

Any PSN goons need a Gold Idol just shout. I am on my third run and I don't really need to give Caxton or Maddy a Gold Idol.

I would like this, please. PSN: mr_dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The main problem with this game is it makes me really want another monster hunter game and I dont think we're ever gonna get another.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

FirstPersonShitter posted:

The main problem with this game is it makes me really want another monster hunter game and I dont think we're ever gonna get another.

I was thinking, 'how cool would it be to chop that dragon's tail off,' or 'what if I could break the griffon's beak.' You're right though I do kinda want a new monster hunter game now. All they'd have to do would be update the graphics and make the series suck less.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well I've been looking at some of the previews for Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS, and it looks cool, going with a kind of "Monster Hunters discover the Wild West" thing.

That said, the Monster Hunter series is always one that's intrigued me conceptually but turned me off with the execution. They're usually awkward to play in a way that DD simply isn't. I am, however, totally down with sequels of DD having more quests that take you to far corners of the world to fight increasingly elaborate monsters.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I agree, and I think that's due to the price tag on usability in the West being higher than in Japan. I played the poo poo outta Tri, but drat would that game have been impossible without the SA thread's help.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I'm afraid to go NG+, but I want that Achievement. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

der juicen posted:

I'm afraid to go NG+, but I want that Achievement. :(
There's definitely nothing scary about it, that's the problem.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's definitely nothing scary about it, that's the problem.

Well I know, I'm scared I'll get bored and sell this.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I got a Volant White to trade for, I dunno, anything Assassin/Ranger related.
otherwhise i might just as well sell it

psn: Hones_thief

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Was dicking around on my lunch break, exploring the South coast. Ran into a giant stone thing and promptly killed it by chugging mushrooms and pounding its soft bits with my sword hilt.

This game is so drat :black101:

The Mimic
Apr 27, 2009

Verr posted:

Was dicking around on my lunch break, exploring the South coast. Ran into a giant stone thing and promptly killed it by chugging mushrooms and pounding its soft bits with my sword hilt.

This game is so drat :black101:

The south coast, past the bandits? Yeah, there's a whole lot of stuff down there that I don't think the game ever asks you to explore. A lot of little valleys and crags beside the beach and such. It was really cool to visit there after I beat the game already.

This game is :black101: as all hell.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
So if I NG+ and switch from Mystic to Fighter, will that make the easy mode a little less easy? :(. Why Capcom didn't you make NG+ a little more difficult. I want that damned achievement.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Mimic posted:

The south coast, past the bandits? Yeah, there's a whole lot of stuff down there that I don't think the game ever asks you to explore. A lot of little valleys and crags beside the beach and such. It was really cool to visit there after I beat the game already.
Yeah, it really weird how they built a valley with a small goblin army, 2 cyclops, ballistas, and a golem and then no quest ever takes you there. It's almost like it was intended to be some kind of set piece and was cut for time.

The devs even used it multiple times in the preview stream demos for the game...On second thought, maybe that's what they built it for.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

der juicen posted:

So if I NG+ and switch from Mystic to Fighter, will that make the easy mode a little less easy? :(. Why Capcom didn't you make NG+ a little more difficult. I want that damned achievement.
You can do an absolute bare minimum of quests to finish the game I think, just one or two per "stage" of the game.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Samurai Sanders posted:

You can do an absolute bare minimum of quests to finish the game I think, just one or two per "stage" of the game.

I want the Hero achievement.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
So after you blitz NG+ for that achievement start a new character as a different class so you'll enjoy the game while getting Hero.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Can I still accept the Farewell, Valmiro quest if I'm on the Wyrmking Ring quest in the main story? I don't want to run down to Cassardis for nothing.

Also how do I get the male bandit leader to talk to me? I've talked to the thief in Cassardis but he still aggros every time I go to the bandit camp and my pawns kill him anyway.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

der juicen posted:

I want the Hero achievement.
You only have to do the quests you missed on your previous game to get this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rascyc posted:

You only have to do the quests you missed on your previous game to get this.
Since I've already missed one I figure I'll just skip right to the everfall, pick up some of the sweet sweet weapons I missed before (and getting the last bad ending trophy), finish the game, then tear through it again only going for those quests.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man, only spawning 3 King's Bay Leaf plants in the whole game is a seriously dick move. Will they respawn if I just leave the game running while I sit in Witchwood until enough time has passed ingame, or do I need to leave the zone before waiting?

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Sindai posted:

Man, only spawning 3 King's Bay Leaf plants in the whole game is a seriously dick move. Will they respawn if I just leave the game running while I sit in Witchwood until enough time has passed ingame, or do I need to leave the zone before waiting?

I agree. And I'm... almost positive you have to leave. It's easier to leave and shack up at the Inn for a while. I have a Portcrystal dropped on that cliff at the exit of the Witchwood between Cassardis and the Encampment just for those drat Bay Leaves.

You can just forge them, too, for pretty cheap. I dunno how he forges plants, but the upgrades work just fine.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

I checked the Dragon's Dogma Compendium on my phone. King Bay Leaves also grow in the Vestad Hills, the region North of Aernst Castle's ruins. I'm guessing they're somewhere similar to where they grow in Witchwood - a craggy outcropping with a large tree.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
So just speed through NG+ and do a new game for hero. Hmm.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Welp, I did it. Time for boring NG+!

Edit: my pawn is now Brostophales

der juicen fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 6, 2012

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

der juicen posted:

Welp, I did it. Time for boring NG+!

Edit: my pawn is now Brostophales

I know NG+ is kinda boring but you can fight the Ur-Dragon and speed run NG+ to get back to the Everfall again.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

I think I should intentionally hobble myself for NG+ so that the combat stays fresh. Better only use one support pawn, and use more basic weaponry.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Huszsersvn posted:

I think I should intentionally hobble myself for NG+ so that the combat stays fresh. Better only use one support pawn, and use more basic weaponry.
Naw, you'll start with such a defense and hit point advantage over the enemies that you can run around naked and let enemies wail on you all day and it won't make a difference. I'm level 70 and I think being stepped on by a cyclops does about 30 damage out of my 2000hp, and I'm only wearing clothes. The only thing that can kill me anymore is falling.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
drat you game, you have made me hungry for loot whoring games and now my need for Diablo 3 grows even more. I started saving fr a PC by selling my Ipad, now I am only 500 bucks or so away from a PC that will also play D3. loving loot whore games. :argh:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
If you ever get that PC going, I have a spare key of D3

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is any of the DLC worthwhile or is it just nickel and diming?

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
So after being distracted for some time, finally putting more time into DD. On my way to making a Mystic Knight (or go magick archer, running mage/sorc to get skills and magic stat then back to physical before main classes) and was wondering if any goons would like to hire my pawn for a bit to teach her stuff or such (level 25 strider so far, maybe will go ranger?) or possibly just add me on PSN so I can get some assistance from your pawn as well.

PSN = Eirgen

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

V for Vegas posted:

Is any of the DLC worthwhile or is it just nickel and diming?

Nickel and diming like only Capcom knows how to.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Ah, bugger this for a lark! Let's start all over again! Self-imposed challenge time!

-Dwarven stature.
-Only use alcohol to heal aggravated damage. Only use mushrooms to regain stamina. Spring water may be used, but not put into flasks.
-Only hire short pawns.
-Sell all potions, except the ones that can be made into alcohol.
-When NG+ is reached, sell off everything in the stash.
-Endeavor not to end a journey with bombs still available in the inventory. When a bomb is found, it must be thrown as soon as dwarvenly possible.

Let's strike the earth.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm trying to punch my way through a new game+ at the moment.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Huszsersvn posted:

Ah, bugger this for a lark! Let's start all over again! Self-imposed challenge time!

-Dwarven stature.
-Only use alcohol to heal aggravated damage. Only use mushrooms to regain stamina. Spring water may be used, but not put into flasks.
-Only hire short pawns.
-Sell all potions, except the ones that can be made into alcohol.
-When NG+ is reached, sell off everything in the stash.
-Endeavor not to end a journey with bombs still available in the inventory. When a bomb is found, it must be thrown as soon as dwarvenly possible.

Let's strike the earth.

Let's play or bust.0

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Okay so I think I have run into a game halting bug in NG+. It would seem that if you defeat the gryphon before it gets to the top of Blue Moon Tower then you can never get to the top of Blue Moon Tower to confront Salomet. Anything I can do or stuck forever until I start a new game non-plus?

e: no my bad, the door which is blocked from the other side when you are on the gryphon quest isn't blocked when you come back for Salomet, despite not having unblocked it yourself.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 6, 2012

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

It's a relief that such emergent behavior is accounted for. Phew.

Also, introducing:

Fimtil Bolun and Slate Beerseeker. They are 4'7" and 4'8" respectively.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I absolutely *cannot* find the last heart on this Ur-Dragon. It's not the wings, not the tail, not the head (not the back, not the feet, not the chest). Took him down to 2 bubbles in the first engagement, then spent 2 more looking for this heart.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

I read somewhere that it might be his eyes that count as additional weak points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I stabbed those out before he enraged. There doesn't seem to be anywhere at all that isn't zombified.

There's no way to reset the ur-dragon is there?

• Locked thread