Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Samurai Sanders posted:

Where is the barber?

IS there a barber? The answer to this question will either mean having to remake my character or just playing until I find him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
How gnarly is that battle down the well in the first time against those lizard dudes? I was killing them pretty well but there's like, a whoooole bunch and my people eventually were overrun, and I'm curious about whether or not it was just bad luck or if I was out-leveled

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Ran into my first ogre, pretty cool new type of enemy--

My Pawn posted:

The sight of women excite it!
:stonk:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man, I think I might have to go Assassin instead of Warrior, because I am enjoying these string tricks and uppercut-to-grenade moves way too much

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I am terrrrrrrrible at doing quests in this game. I'm not even sure I know how. Green or blue exclamation points means completed one, right? I think I've done maybe two of those. I don't even have a quest marker on the map anymore. All I know is that there is a castle over there, and I'm gonna go scope that poo poo out.

Level 20, just made it through the quarry to... what appears to be the entire rest of the map? I think Ogres might be particularly sensitive in their ugly faces because after struggling with every one I came across, I did a Holy-buffed scarlet kisses on the head a downed one and took down like 60% of his health before he could get up again. VS the holy-buffed everything else I had previously tried using. I think the head might be the ogre version of the tail.

Also, so, fighting a dragon for the first time, are they SUPPOSED to be able to cloud my vision, make my character sluggish, and cause my pawns to attack me all at the same time? Are these going to be status effects that I should teach my mage how to cure or am I just suppose to like... do some quests first or something?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's pretty jacked up that the Wyrm will automatically kill you during one of the chase sequences if you're carrying too much crap. I mean granted, it might be a combination of your character's wait/height/build/whatever but I wasn't able to survive long enough to get to the actual battle until I offloaded a bunch of junk onto my main pawn.

So how "long" is the endgame? I was kind of wanting to save using the Warrior class for a Guts/Griffith playthrough (wooo) but if I'm going to be plugging away for another five+ hours I figure I may as well switch over to something now that I've maxed out fighter.

Glad I dodged a bullet with the romance stuff. I ended up with the Duchess, and whle I do consider her a stupid ho, knowing my character could have ended up as a quasi-pedo would have probably been worse i'm totally going to hook my fake guts up with fake french caska though

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Endgame: How does progression in the Everfall work? I keep falling and keep fighting but I'm not really sure I'm getting anywhere. I seriously I do not want to fight another Super Hydra. That piece of poo poo took forever and Mystic Kights can't jump for poo poo. I am this close to switching back to assassin. THIS CLOSE!

I've decided to make a political statement by never hiring female pawns who don't wear pants, or at least long skirts.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man, that was a really good ending. I stopped making D.Souls comparisons once I actually started playing this game, since the differences seem pretty drat clear at that point, but I do wish those games had ended nearly as strongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm playing Warrior for my new game+ (at least, so far) and it definitely is a bit crap at first but I just learned Act of Deliverance and uh...

Whoa.

Now, keep in mind I'm playing through with kinda middling gear so going through the pre-Dragon parts aren't a total cakewalk, but I took down 90% of an ogre's life with one fully charged shot.

It does make that other charge move that the warrior class has a bit redundant+pathetic though. But the mild float to the warrior's jumping light attack is better for taking down flying guys than the other melee classes jump moves. So... I guess it's not total garbage as a vocation. Anymore.

• Locked thread